Default Pistons swept by Cavs in playoffs

Long after Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving made ridiculous shot after ridiculous, soul-crushing shot.

After Detroit Pistons guard Reggie Jackson missed a heart-stopping three-pointer that would have won the game and kept the season alive.

And after the Cavaliers completed a four-game sweep over the Pistons on Sunday night with a 100-98 victory, ending the Pistons

Default Re: Pistons swept by Cavs in playoffs

A lot to look forward to in the coming years.

Pros: Marcus Morris and Caldwell Pope looked great in the playoffs. Reggie Jackson showed his inexperience but made a lot of really big plays in crucial moments. SVG has this team looking more motivated than they have been in years.

Cons: Tobias Harris just ... doesn't fit right. I feel like he could be a good piece to a team but not the Pistons. Drummond freebies. If this isn't remedied it will be so sad. Such a dominant player can't be on the bench to close out the fourth quarter. And Baynes is so bad offensively there really isn't a solid option without Drummond out there.

NBA lottery pick

Well, Harris is obviously one of their main pieces going into the future. I think he's going to be getting plenty of PT. So they're going to have to find a way to make him fit. Marcus Morris will probably be the one who doesn't play as much once they find another PF. Also I would expect Stanley Johnson to get some more PT next year too. Drummond really does need to learn how to shoot a FT.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

The 4-0 series sweep doesn't represent how competitive it was - Cavs got SERIOUSLY clutch in 3 of those games, that last game their were so many BS shots hit by the cavs and the end up winning by 2...

Morris has blown all of my expectations - I can see him being a truly elite 6th man of the year type player for us moving forward. His ability to score in a number of ways would help our second unit out so much.

Harris I expect will play PF moving forward for us, and Stanley slipping into a starting SF jack of all trades type role. Harris was poo in these 4 games but was really good for the 40 or so games he played for us in the regular season. He made our team a far more deadly 3pt team (I posted a stat in another thread that proved this).

KCP better get recognition in the all defense teams in a week or two,

What we need: A backup PG, would be happy to spend our first round pick on a PG. Whenever Blake got minutes the other teams eyes lit up...

A backup post scorer - someone we can throw the ball down low to in our second unit - someone not flashy, someone like.... Say... Montjunas?.. lol

Also a fully fit Meeks off the bench will add a very valuable scoring punch. A bench with Meeks and Morris on it all of a sudden looks like one of the stronger benches in the league, along with Baynes who is a legit enforcer / banger type.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure if Meeks will be around. I could see him getting traded. I think he needs a change of scenery. Bullock also played pretty well when given the chance. SVG might just keep him around as a backup in the rotation.

We really do need a solid backup PG. I think that is very obvious to everyone. A PF who can shoot the outside shot will help too.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    The 4-0 series sweep doesn't represent how competitive it was - Cavs got SERIOUSLY clutch in 3 of those games, that last game their were so many BS shots hit by the cavs and the end up winning by 2...
    This year's Pacers-Cavs series was similarly close.