Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa 12

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Fifa 12

I can't wait for this game.. I'm hoping they've improved the game as last years game was just terrible(Career mode specifically). Anyone else waiting for fifa or PES?

Default Re: Fifa 12

FIFA still. I'm confident PES will get better this year but i can't deal with the lack of real teams and licenses from PES, i know one can download, etc. but i have such limited time to play, it's a big problem to me that i need to do that. Such is life...

FIFA looks good, they made some actual control changes and collision changes. Look at the previews. IF they make some good changes to career modes (more options just really) it should be awesome. If you control a Man U for instance, you should not have to play a season to qualify for Champions League for instance. They are always there.

Banned

The collisions and general movement on offense are better. The new defensive button layouts, etc. are stupid. I don't know what they are thinking and although you can map to old buttons, the players react as if the new defensive structure is being used. pisses me off.

that said ill have it friday (i got the early thingee) and will have it by tuesday and will play it to death but im still pissed off.

Who do you use knickballer? Generally ill have a season going with Red Bull, one with Chelsea, and a Champions League set up using some random team.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The collisions and general movement on offense are better. The new defensive button layouts, etc. are stupid. I don't know what they are thinking and although you can map to old buttons, the players react as if the new defensive structure is being used. pisses me off.

that said ill have it friday (i got the early thingee) and will have it by tuesday and will play it to death but im still pissed off.

Who do you use knickballer? Generally ill have a season going with Red Bull, one with Chelsea, and a Champions League set up using some random team.
    Yeah, I really didn't like the new defensive set up either. I've played the last two Fifas a ton and loved every minute of it. After playing the demo, I'm not really looking forward to this one as much. The new defensive set up seems like a good idea but the actual gameplay is lacking, but that may be just because I suck at it. I just don't like the way the AI responds on defense, they can't seem to pick someone out and stay with them.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris

LMFAO xavi and mexes doing rey mysterio shit

I had one with Ibra doing a throwin his body just started floating like he was in space and was completely stiff

Banned

damn ign gave it a boss review... 9.5

all reviews 90 and up so far on metacritic (only 3 :p)

the new defensive controls suck. i don't get what they were thinking, no one had control issues. they implemented new collisions and made controls that made collissions rare. Note to EA, FIFA doesn't have to have the realistic flow of a soccer match, we only play 10 minute ****ing games, that's not quite realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    the new defensive controls suck. i don't get what they were thinking, no one had control issues. they implemented new collisions and made controls that made collissions rare. Note to EA, FIFA doesn't have to have the realistic flow of a soccer match, we only play 10 minute ****ing games, that's not quite realistic.
    Neither were goals that came about from tackling a player, being tackled, tackling them back, being tackled back ad nauseum. The amount of contact & bulldozing through people in FIFA 11 took the piss. At least now there's a little more strategy to the game rather than holding down pressure buttons & hoping for a few lucky collisions to go in your favour.

My reservations with this years game lie more with the size of the players in relation to the pitch, and their lack of real presence when the ball's being passed around on the deck. You can pass inches to the side of world class defensive midfielders without them intercepting the pass, and I feel like that leaves the game a bit too open to mindless passing without prior thought. It's crazy how all these years on, PES5 remains the most realistic, balanced football game ever released. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

the tactical defense is a revelation imo

forces players to play true defense rather than throwing double teams at whoever has the ball, it forces you to keep your shape and tactically defend lol, its too bad that they give you the option to go back to the old defense because if every player learned to play with that defense itd be more realistic

Luckily they don't allow you to use legacy defending online - you have to use tactical. Whether or not they'll stick with such a hardline stance is another question entirely... Hopefully they will, although knowing EA they'll bend at the first sign of a backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    the tactical defense is a revelation imo

forces players to play true defense rather than throwing double teams at whoever has the ball, it forces you to keep your shape and tactically defend lol, its too bad that they give you the option to go back to the old defense because if every player learned to play with that defense itd be more realistic
    Yeah, I've actually learned to use the tactical defending a little better and it's definitely better than I initially thought. It'll take some more getting used to but it'll make the game better off in the long term.

The game isn't bad I guess?. I'm still waiting to try PES, hopefully the fix the few glitches they had last season.

Not played a FIFA game properly since FIFA 09, so looking forward to getting back into it. I've heard Ultimate Team is addictive.

you all shamed me into tactical. No, i don't like it better but it's not bad. The thing is, you HAVE to use it. Legacy defendnig doesn't work, players react as if you can use tactical defending, so if you use legacy, the defenders are in strange positions and it does not work.

i forgot who asked, but yes, the game is good. and i didn't like the PES demo too much, they added greater but too complex (IMO) control of other players while you are on offense. its not a step above last year, which (again IMO) it would need to be in order for me to choose it over FIFA.