Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA2k12s top10 best, and Dirk.

Rudy Gay:86
    Nowitzki: 85.

Nowitzki probably have superb shooting ratings and he is 7 foot.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Shooting probably went up to appease people like you who think overall ratings for a video game are what developers feel about players in real life. To throw you types a bone im guessing. But they arent gonna rebuild the ratings system because someone doesnt understand that overall rating has nothing to do with real life and little to do with how good you are in the game either.

Its just a number. Dirk skill by skill for a powerforward is not a 95 type. hes a scorer. And unlike a number of great scoring 4s hes not even a rebounder or a top flight defender. Hes a scorer. So he got high ratings at things he uses to score.

Beyond that its just asking them to lie for a number you are more comfortable with. Why would they do that?

Their job is to make him play like himself and nothing more. The number is just...a number.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-29-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Banned

It makes sense to me. Ratings go by all around game more than a players dominance. Dirk really aint that great in anything besides shooting and scoring so his all around rating wont be that high. But I guarantee if u shoot all jumpers wit him u will be a beast.

Dont agree wit Lebrick being a 98 doe, that would mean he was almost perfect in evrything in the game which is a damn lie

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

MJ's a 99. This is how is should be:

MJ - 99
    LBJ - 96
    Wade - 96
    Dwight - 93
    CP3 - 92
    Durant - 92
    Melo - 92
    Kobe - 90
    Dirk - 89

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and a lot of the legends should be in the high 80's, mid 90's.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Wow you guys need to start reading the 2K12 thread more before crying about the game in the general forum. 2K sent out an email yesterday on the ratings. Explaining that bigman stats like rebounding, shotblocking, post defense are going to affect an overall rating of a PF/C MUCH more than outside shooting and passing etc. Which is why Dirk got an 85 rating.

He doesn't play like a typical bigman so the formula punishes him for it. That being said..... he's going to be a 25+ ppg scorer anyways because his shooting numbers are all high including 99 close and mid.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-29-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Dirk's shooting..

Inside:88
    Close:99
    Medium:99
    3points:84

7 Foot player with fadeway signature.. He will be unstoppable if you play the way he does.
    Last edited by rodman91; 09-29-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Id like to see what Dirks ratings would be overall for a 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Id like to see what Dirks ratings would be overall for a 2 or 3.
    High 80's most likely. The Devs said that they essentially had to make Dirk like a bigger SG in terms of stat allocation. Meaning his numbers balance are closer to a SG or SF than a big.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Wow you guys need to start reading the 2K12 thread more before crying about the game in the general forum. 2K sent out an email yesterday on the ratings. Explaining that bigman stats like rebounding, shotblocking, post defense are going to affect an overall rating of a PF/C MUCH more than outside shooting and passing etc. Which is why Dirk got an 85 rating.

He doesn't play like a typical bigman so the formula punishes him for it. That being said..... he's going to be a 25+ ppg scorer anyways because his shooting numbers are all high including 99 close and mid.
    If that's the case I don't see why DRose is a 92, he plays more like a SG in my eyes than a passer/pg.
    Last edited by NBAller; 09-29-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    If that's the case I don't see why DRose is a 92, he plays more like a SG in my eyes than a passer.
    Rose has far more PG skills than Dirk has bigman skills. That's the difference. Not to mention individually Rose IS the more rounded player to begin with. For example. Ability to score in the paint may be 5 skill points= 1 overall for a PF right? Midrange jumper on the other hand may be a 10 skill point= 1 overall ratio. Which is why Dirk is at an 85. It caught me off guard at first but once I read up on it.. it made complete sense.

Blake Griffin for example would be a perfect PF probably a 95+ rating IF he was a good defender. The formula doesn't value passing and ballhandling really at all for a PF so Blake like Dirk.. is at an 85. They are both very unorthodox and unique players.

I'm a huge STAT fan but having him rated above Dirk is just.... moronic.

Doesn't matter too much thought, that game doesn't exist in my mind till the lockout ends.

No rookies = FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

MJ - 99
    LBJ - 96
    Wade - 96
    Dwight - 93
    CP3 - 92
    Durant - 92
    Melo - 92
    Kobe - 90
    Dirk - 89

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and a lot of the legends should be in the high 80's, mid 90's.
    Balderdash.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

MJ - 99
    LBJ - 96
    Wade - 96
    Dwight - 93
    CP3 - 92
    Durant - 92
    Melo - 92
    Kobe - 90
    Dirk - 89

1. MJ shouldn't be 99. He wasn't perfect.

MJ/Kareem/Shaq - 97 (all at their peaks)
    2003 Duncan (if he was in there)/Wilt/Hakeem - 96
    Russell/2009/2010 LeBron (if he was in there)- 95 (I know he's not a better player than some people ranked below him, but in the ratings he'd be better because there would be nothing he'd be very low in other than maybe post offense/defense)
    Ewing/David Robinson/2004 Garnett/2009 Wade/2006 Kobe/Barkley - 94
    Bird/Magic (both better players but again will lose points in defense/athleticism despite their dominance otherwise)/Current LeBron/Wade/Malone/Oscar/ -93

I'm probably missing someone obvious in the middle of that.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    So Dirk....at 33....should have his standing dunk improving? He became a better dribbler with his left hand since april? his Ft shooting should go up even though hes shot better in past years? You are just naming random skills they have no reason to improve. Which im guessing is why theydidnt. Its not supposed to be emotional. They arent gonna make Dirk a better standing dunker to boost his overall. They gave him 99s at what he does. All they should do. You should care if he doesnt play well not what his rating is. The rating is skill by skill by position. Dirk does not have many high level power forward skills.

His same numbers as a swingman might make him higher. Who knows? Doesnt matter. They rate him off what he is. Not what you want his final number to be. The final number means nothing on the game anyway. Its just to look at.
    You're probably right.

I was thinking about how Mavs got to the finals, and Dirk playing great seemed like the only answer that would fit considering Butler was injured, and Terry was the #2 option. I'm happy that they fixed how Dirk shoots though, and raised his shooting.
    Last edited by NBAller; 09-29-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Banned

Why are people defending that the ratings aren't how good the player is and is some convoluted stat average?

Why does Dirk suffer from not being a great rebounder but Rose doesn't That CLEARLY means they pay attention to the players themselves outside of the stats, they realize that dirk as a big man should be getting rebs and rose as a pg shouldn't. YET, when it comes to the overall rating, they ignore things like flat out effectiveness? And who's the better player?

Not that good of a system. IMO.