Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups JD_TO's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Nocioni and Ginobili are Italian citizens. This is a fact.
    For one to be an Italian citizen you merely have to just prove that your ancestors are Italian so if your grandparents are Italian you automatically receive Italian citizenship.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took issue with the total population argument.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Do they keep a stat for almost winning now? What site can I find the almost winning pct. of olympic teams against the U.S.? Which country do you think has the highest almost winning pct. against the U.S.
    team spain .. not compromised of the europe's best took it to the usa's absolute best .. europe's best would give team usa EVERYTHING they can handle and very well could beat them ... sit down and stop salivating with your homerism bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    team spain .. not compromised of the europe's best took it to the usa's absolute best .. europe's best would give team usa EVERYTHING they can handle and very well could beat them ... sit down and stop salivating with your homerism bullshit
    I want names, you Euroleague homers talk a lot of junk, give me 5 players who are on LeBron, DRose, Durant, Kobe, Howard, Wade's level.

I'm tired of you guys saying they can beat team USA without any evidence.

Give me your 12 man European team that can easily beat the USA, if you don't, I'll assume you guys are talking out of yer ass.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I want names, you Euroleague homers talk a lot of junk, give me 5 players who are on LeBron, DRose, Durant, Kobe, Howard, Wade's level.

I'm tired of you guys saying they can beat team USA without any evidence.

Give me your 12 man European team that can easily beat the USA, if you don't, I'll assume you guys are talking out of yer ass.

You don't need players "on their level" to beat them, you need a great TEAM....T-E-A-M.....TEAM....Spain with what they had made the USA work for a gold medal down to the last minutes...i'm sure if they took the best players from the other countries, they would be formidable enough to beat the U.S...period...just adding Dirk by himself would be a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    You don't need players "on their level" to beat them, you need a great TEAM....T-E-A-M.....TEAM....Spain with what they had made the USA work for a gold medal down to the last minutes...i'm sure if they took the best players from the other countries, they would be formidable enough to beat the U.S...period...just adding Dirk by himself would be a huge plus.

Spain is a good team. What makes you think a bunch of European players randomly put together would a be a good team

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Spain is a good team. What makes you think a bunch of European players randomly put together would a be a good team

For the same reason you thought putting a bunch of random NBA players together would be a good team.

Any NBA players that can shoot will be god-like players in Euroleague.

why was this thread made and how did it get so many reply's`?

this really is one of the most pointless topics ever..

it's because the level of talent is much higher in the NBA (AS IT SHOULD BE). and everyone in the world knows this

what i do find strange is that USA havent won every single international cup the last 30 years

Nocioni was born in Santa Fe, Arg and Manu was born in Buenos Aires Arg, this is a fact.
    Yup.

You do know that your nationality is not strictly defined by your birthplace right?

Quote Originally Posted by JD_TO
    For one to be an Italian citizen you merely have to just prove that your ancestors are Italian so if your grandparents are Italian you automatically receive Italian citizenship.
    So?

You can say they are naturalized Italians. You can say they are Argentinians too. You can even say they only became Italian just because that way it's easier to find a job as a ball player in Europe.

But you can't say they aren't Italian or European.

So what, they weren't born in Italy, they were born in Argentina, numbnuts.

People of Italian ancestary make up almost half of Argentina's population, the majority being of Spanish ancestary (Spain is also in Europe, BTW)..I have no fukking idea what they being of Italian ancestary have to do with your argument.

It would be the same if their last names were Rubio, Gasol or Calderon (giving you Spanish names to make a point, after all, Argentina's majority is of Spanish background), if they are born in Argentina, they are Argentinians, not European

If you take a look at the Argentine National Soccer Team, Italian names like Messi, Coloccini, Zanetti, D'Alessandro, Milito, Sensini, Troglio, Caniggia etc pop out, never heard anyone try and argue they should play for Italy
    What the hell is wrong with you? Do you have any clue at all as to why so many Italians and Germans (which you seem to not even know about) live in Argentina?

You are uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    What the hell is wrong with you? Do you have any clue at all as to why so many Italians and Germans (which you seem to not even know about) live in Argentina?

You are uneducated.
    I know there are a lot of Germans in Argentina, my best friend is from Argentina and of German ancestary, we ain't talking about Argentines of German backgrounds, numbnuts.Should I also mention there are a lot of Argentines of Slavic, Lebanese, Jewish, Irish, Polish, French etc backgrounds?

BTW, my grandfather was from San Rafael, Mendoza, Argentina...his last name was Longo and I've been to Argentina to visit family members twice so I'm not as "uneducated" as you think.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    USA has never once beaten Europe. They have won and lost to single countries from Europe. The Euroleague is comprised of top players from EUROPE, not single countries.

Team USA would get demolished against an actual European wide team.
    i seriously doubt that

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Partizan pg Dominic James said aboute European basketball : '' If you want to play in Europe you need to be open minded and Americans usualy arent . They dont give enough credit to European basketball , they dont know how good you are .'' We can argue what league is better but the fact is that most of Americans dont know anything aboute European basketball and dont know how good it is .

Again this?

It's an infinite discussion.