Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Official let's kick Bruce Ratner away from the Nets thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Save them from what?
    From Bruce Ratner, the devil!

"First, this was a basketball trade," said Ratner. "We do have a tremendous Chinese-American market in this region, and if we have success we will tap into that market in a major way in Brooklyn and New Jersey in the meantime."
    link

Please don't let this thread die... We need to boo or to boycott Bruce Ratner, the idiot, to make him realize how stupid he is as a team owner. For me, I don't really care whether this team moves to NY or stays in NJ. All I want is to witness Bruce Ratner selling the Nets to someone else! This team will be a long-time lottery team with Bruce Ratner...

Oh come on guys. We're Nets fans, not Bruce Ratner's fans so why do we have to stand everything he does to harm our team?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Oh come on guys. We're Nets fans, not Bruce Ratner's fans so why do we have to stand everything he does to harm our team?
    Their is nothing we can do about it. Stop complaning.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Their is nothing we can do about it. Stop complaning.
    There're a lot of things we can do for sure. Seriously we might be unable to drive Bruce Ratner away from the Nets, but it doesn't mean that we have to let it be. Bruce Ratner did that RJ trade simply for Yi's Chinese market that will bring him hundreds of millions of dollars. He wants the international market so bad that he didn't care about whether the trade harmed the team at all. If we manage to make him realize that he's going to lose American market while trying to obtain international support, he'd probably understand that he's unable to make money all on his will. American fans won't pay money on a team who doesn't even want to compete but to make money from fans and I bet he's familiar with this fact, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    There're a lot of things we can do for sure. Seriously we might be unable to drive Bruce Ratner away from the Nets, but it doesn't mean that we have to let it be. Bruce Ratner did that RJ trade simply for Yi's Chinese market that will bring him hundreds of millions of dollars. He wants the international market so bad that he didn't care about whether the trade harmed the team at all. If we manage to make him realize that he's going to lose American market while trying to obtain international support, he'd probably understand that he's unable to make money all on his will. American fans won't pay money on a team who doesn't even want to compete but to make money from fans and I bet he's familiar with this fact, isn't he?
    Your right Bruce Ratner is an idiot. But I have some beleif in Yi. He will turn into Yao.. but better, this season he will be a 15/8 type player. And as for Bobby I feel he will turn into his original form, a 16/7 player.

Down with Ratner!!!
    [COLOR="White"]Nets fan 93>Kiddlovesnets!!![/COLOR]

I usually hit open layups

this is a stupid thread. have faith

and we needed to do something after last season. This season will be great

I was reading that Ratner might push the date to 2011.

Bruce Ratnnnner!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I was reading that Ratner might push the date to 2011.
    It isn't Bruce who's to blame for that one, it's those ****ing hippy protestors that kept delaying the possible start of the Atlantic Yards construction because they kept appealing to every court/tribunal/committee possible. God damn Hippies!

   

i don't see what hippies have to do with it.

AFAIK it's residential and commerce sectors that feel the stadium project will impact them negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i don't see what hippies have to do with it.

AFAIK it's residential and commerce sectors that feel the stadium project will impact them negatively.
    Right you are. I just have a tendency to associate hippies with protesters and vice-versa.

I think at one point though, there was a group protesting against the project on the grounds that the carbon emissions produced by construction machinery would be beyond acceptable limits. Obviously they didn't get very far.

I am pissed that the move will be delayed as far is the team is concerned as well....another year of the Nets being the proud tenants of the worst stadium in the NBA - IZOD Center.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    I think at one point though, there was a group protesting against the project on the grounds that the carbon emissions produced by construction machinery would be beyond acceptable limits. Obviously they didn't get very far.
    interesting. i'm extremely concerned about global warming but don't know how you can avoid putting out a lot of carbon on big construction projects. the best that one could do is buy matching carbon credits AFAIK.

actually that makes some sense since the nets are theoretically the first team to go green in the NBA as of last year.

I am pissed that the move will be delayed as far is the team is concerned as well....another year of the Nets being the proud tenants of the worst stadium in the NBA - IZOD Center.
    all i have to compare it to is the sixers', wizards' and cavs' joints. i guess i'd have to agree with you- the nets' place is the worst among those four. maybe. the biggest thing that's a PITA for me is the long annoying walk from the parking area to the stadium.