Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets... probably the most stacked team of our lifetime?

Pierce looked pretty good on both ends last night. Def not done

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Now that does go too far. He's only played 2 games and hasn't scored 20 in either.
    And? He scored 17 and 19. By your logic, if he scored a few more points, I can use the word dominant? He's shooting 60% from the field and averaging 18 PPG on just nine field goal attempts per game. Imagine that. He's in a completely new system and I honestly thought he's struggle for the first half of the season but it's like he's been here forever. He's not "dominating" in terms of Kevin Durant, LeBron James, etc.. standards but considering he's playing with four-six other high scoring options, he's giving us much, much more than we asked of him. We love you Paul! Wish he and Kevin were younger so we could have them for more years.

08 Celtics? 05 Spurs? 07 Suns? 96 Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    And? He scored 17 and 19. By your logic, if he scored a few more points, I can use the word dominant? He's shooting 60% from the field and averaging 18 PPG on just nine field goal attempts per game. Imagine that. He's in a completely new system and I honestly thought he's struggle for the first half of the season but it's like he's been here forever. He's not "dominating" in terms of Kevin Durant, LeBron James, etc.. standards but considering he's playing with four-six other high scoring options, he's giving us much, much more than we asked of him. We love you Paul! Wish he and Kevin were younger so we could have them for more years.
    So in essence he's dominating under a new, much less dominant way that you made up.

You know if they were younger they'd be Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    ...am not a Heat fan...

I like Lebron, Ray Allen, Wade on that team......... but i like even more players on that Nets team... Shaun Livingston, Deron, Joe Johnson, KG, Teletovic (my country man).... hell im more of a Nets fan than a Heat fan lol...
    Taking trolling to new heights this year.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So in essence he's dominating under a new, much less dominant way that you made up.

You know if they were younger they'd be Celtics.
    In the role and situation he was put in just several months ago, he's dominating. Combine that with his age, and the numbers he's putting up are beyond remarkable.

3-time NBA All-Star

pauk showing his ******ness again

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

This level of play you describe here is not dominant. That's the kind of game that you get from a good player. Pierce is smart enough to adjust to any system, basketball is not rocket science and he's got a high IQ for the game. "Dominant" is an adjective that is supposed to be reserved for elite basketball players. If a guy is not playing on the level of James, Durant, etc. he is not dominant.

In the role and situation he was put in just several months ago, he's dominating. Combine that with his age, and the numbers he's putting up are beyond remarkable.
    You keep saying that word, i do not think it means what you think it means.

Pauk keeps rolling out gems. First the Lebron-old lion essay, now this.

This level of play you describe here is not dominant. That's the kind of game that you get from a good player. Pierce is smart enough to adjust to any system, basketball is not rocket science and he's got a high IQ for the game. "Dominant" is an adjective that is supposed to be reserved for elite basketball players. If a guy is not playing on the level of James, Durant, etc. he is not dominant.
    LeBron is averaging 23 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists and he's playing nine more minutes per game than Paul AND he has nowhere near the options that the Nets have in the starting unit. And by "dominating in his role", I mean that he cannot play any better than he's playing right now given the current situation that he is in. Can you honestly say that Paul can play any better than he's playing right now? If the answer is no, than he is "dominating in the role he's in". Again, people like to assert the word "dominate" to people that only score 40 a night.

LeBron is averaging 23 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists and he's playing nine more minutes per game than Paul AND he has nowhere near the options that the Nets have in the starting unit. And by "dominating in his role", I mean that he cannot play any better than he's playing right now given the current situation that he is in. Can you honestly say that Paul can play any better than he's playing right now? If the answer is no, than he is "dominating in the role he's in". Again, people like to assert the word "dominate" to people that only score 40 a night.
    People are assuming dominate is used by the dictionary definition, not something you made up. Yes, that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Pauk making the excuses early this year
    This, obvious agenda is obvious

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Kirk Hinrich is dominating in his role.

Kirk Hinrich is dominating in his role.
    eww, please, kirk is shooting 40% from the field and 25% from three point range in 22 minutes per game. there are a million other kirks out there. i'm a kirk, you're a kirk, we're all kirks.