Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Who Is the Player From the 90s Thats Gets the Most Overrated Now

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    He is better than Dwayne Wade
    Lmao

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78
    Stockton was a good player who put up impressive career totals due to playing for a long time. His career averages (other than his assist numbers) aren't as impressive. Stockton's consistency is impressive but his longevity is something that is greatly overrated. Favre played forever too and owns many passing records in the NFL but that doesn't mean he's the best QB ever. Isiah and Magic gave you more on a nightly basis than Stockton and their career averages reflect this despite the fact that they played 13 years instead of 19 like him...

I'd take Nash over Stockton anyday, Nash has displayed the abiltiy to take over a game (something Stockton couldn't do) on many occasions.
    Damn I guess you missed all of the playoffs when Utah made the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    kevin Johnson
    People forget how soft he was.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Malone.

Miller is not overrated. He would be the second best SG in today's basketball.
    Kobe and Wade right now are better than Reggie Miller in his prime. Eric Gordon healthy is better than Reggie Miller in his prime. Reggie miller is the most one dimensional player ever. Second best sg in today's basketball...what a bunch of ****ing horse shit.

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    MJ, i swear people out there will have you think he did not have 1 bad game all decade, even say his team was down 0-2 in a game 3 of a conference finals or something of that sort.
    It's interesting he shot 40% in that ECF just before scorching the Suns for 41 ppg on 51% the very next series, but people want to dismiss Shaq's Finals Performances? Not down with that shit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    People forget how soft he was.
    He wasn't soft. He played with an undiagnosed hernia for years. You don't know shit as always. Kevin Johnson wasn't overrated at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Kobe and Wade right now are better than Reggie Miller in his prime. Eric Gordon healthy is better than Reggie Miller in his prime. Reggie miller is the most one dimensional player ever. Second best sg in today's basketball...what a bunch of ****ing horse shit.
    Reggie Miller would be better than Durant.

Eric Gordon is not better than Miller. Call me when he plays on team with a winning record. Or can play a whole season healthy

He wasn't soft. He played with an undiagnosed hernia for years. You don't know shit as always. Kevin Johnson wasn't overrated at all.
    No, he was definitely a p.ussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78
    I'd take Nash over Stockton anyday, Nash has displayed the abiltiy to take over a game (something Stockton couldn't do) on many occasions.

Eric Gordon healthy is better than Reggie Miller in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by noosaman
    Charles Barkley
    If you seriously think Barkley is overrated, i would imagine you look at LBJ today and think he's overrated too. You would be wrong on both accounts.

Not airballing my layups anymore Wukillabeez78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noosaman
    Damn I guess you missed all of the playoffs when Utah made the Finals
    Damn, I guess you missed those two NBA Finals against the Bulls when Utah lost because Stockton and Malone weren't good enough to win. Utah had enough talent on that team to win. They lost not because they didn't have enough talent to win but because Stockton and Malone weren't good enough themselves. Each player had faults that became magnifed during primetime (the playoffs). Malone wasn't versatile enough to take over a game by himself. He had to rely on his teammates to get him the ball. He couldn't set himself up to score (unlike his contemporary Barkley who could get a rebound, dribble the length of the court and win the game on his own if need be). And Stockton wasn't able to take over a game offensively and win it for his team if his teammates were struggling. Elite point guards like Magic and Isiah could do this. He could not. Both were overrated and their flaws combined to prevent the Jazz from winning it all. As I've said several times, Stockton and Malone didn't always lose because they didn't have enough talent around them. They had plenty of talent on more than one occasion. They lost because they weren't good enough themselves.

Not airballing my layups anymore Wukillabeez78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Keep your face covered. You have reason to be embarrassed...

Dennis Rodman
    Kevin Johnson
    Larry Johnson
    John Starks
    Charles Oakley

^Are all remebered as being better than they really were.

But the award goes to Penny Hardaway - quite possibly the most overrated player of all time.