Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas

If Orlando bad Gil for Rashard, that lets Orlando still have VC, Gortat and now Nelson as good trade pieces.

That bodes well for the Magic, however if they give up VC and Gortat for Gil, thats pointless. You can get more for a $20 million expiring contract and Gortat than Gil with his bad contract.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    If Orlando bad Gil for Rashard, that lets Orlando still have VC, Gortat and now Nelson as good trade pieces.

That bodes well for the Magic, however if they give up VC and Gortat for Gil, thats pointless. You can get more for a $20 million expiring contract and Gortat than Gil with his bad contract.
    I agree, and I'm pretty sure Otis Smith knows that.

I approve this trade, it makes sense for both teams.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore davidenk0's Avatar

If they include Gortat in the trade, they can trade Nelson for some role players including a decent center.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by davidenk0
    If they include Gortat in the trade, they can trade Nelson for some role players including a decent center.
    Fran Vazquez is coming from Barcelona next season.

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Aren

Lewis for Gil>>>>>>>>VC and Gortat for Gil

Quote Originally Posted by broy
    Yeah, so he says every year! F*ck Fran Vazquez!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore davidenk0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broy
    I'm spanish and Fran hasn't renewed his contract with Barcelona, so that's a likely option, the bad thing is that they would have to wait until next season to get him.

I made a thread about the 2 teams making a deal a month or so ago I hope the deal ends up looking a little like this:

Trade 2
    Orlando Magic
    WAS Gilbert Arenas (4 yrs $80 mil)
    WAS Andray Blatche (5 yrs $35 mil)
    WAS Al Thornton (1 yrs $2.8 mil)
    ------------------------------------
    Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($83 mil) received ($117.8 mil)]

Washington Wizards
    ORL Rashard Lewis (3 yrs $66 mil)
    ORL Brandon Bass (3 yrs $12 mil)
    ORL Daniel Orton (4 yrs $5 mil)
    Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($117.8 mil) received ($83 mil)]

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=196151

Good High School Starter kabalcage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I made a thread about the 2 teams making a deal a month or so ago I hope the deal ends up looking a little like this:

Trade 2
    Orlando Magic
    WAS Gilbert Arenas (4 yrs $80 mil)
    WAS Andray Blatche (5 yrs $35 mil)
    WAS Al Thornton (1 yrs $2.8 mil)
    Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($83 mil) received ($117.8 mil)]

Washington Wizards
    ORL Rashard Lewis (3 yrs $66 mil)
    ORL Brandon Bass (3 yrs $12 mil)
    ORL Daniel Orton (4 yrs $5 mil)
    Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($117.8 mil) received ($83 mil)]

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=196151

I'd hope it's just a clean Lewis/Arenas swap.

The Magic need to continue to be tough on the interior which Bass is. With Howard on the team, Blatche won't get his touches on the box and will have a hard time adjusting from an all offensive guy to a defensive/rebounder type. Bass is really efficient in this role.

Al's a chucker; I wish he was a perimeter defender but that's probably not the case. Hopefully being on a winner for the first time in his life (even his FSU teams sucked) will change him and stop all his bad habits. I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah, if we have to give up Bass aswell, f*ck that. Lewis/Arenas straight up or forget it.

Yeah, if we have to give up Bass aswell, f*ck that. Lewis/Arenas straight up or forget it.
    Yea straight up or f it! Lewis has been complete trash and I am a Lewis fan but make the deal cause we are not going anywhere with this team like this!

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Why would Washington want Lewis? Don't think he really helps them. Dwight and the Magic are the ones forcing this trade, not the Wizards. They should try and get a better deal out of the Magic.

High School Starter

You can give Dwight Kobe and he will still be a glorified scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Why would Washington want Lewis? Don't think he really helps them. Dwight and the Magic are the ones forcing this trade, not the Wizards. They should try and get a better deal out of the Magic.
    ?

To shed that crippling deal of Arenas of course. Lewis' deal runs through this season and next season, after which it's unguaranteed. Arenas is getting paid the max until the 2014 off-season. Big difference. A 38 million dollar difference to be exact.