Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: What if Lakers got LeBron James in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    They'd probably land Kevin Love too. He's a free agent that year too if he wants to be.

Ouch.
    Isn't it 2015?

Also, this isn't farfetched. Lakers have the cap space and a superstar to attract LeBron. The real question is will LeBron take the risk of having another "decision" type of reaction from the world.

Other free agents in 2014 - Wade, Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Dirk, Pau, Amare, Zach Randolph, Gortat, Bogut

(Don't know how accurate this is since I got it from a poster on LN)

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This would be an amazing "get" for the franchise, and would reclaim LA's status as the most hated franchise in the NBA.

Dwight & Lebron would be Kareem & Magic 2.0. I'd fvcking love to see this happen for the team.
    The comparison is not really valid imo, but I understand your point. I just think that a duo like LeBron and Dwight has never existed, and mostly that is because a player like LeBron has never really existed. First of all for the 2.0 comment LeBron, and Dwight are much more athletic than their counterparts, and LeBron is much better than Magic at everything, except the thing that makes Magic the greatest PG of all time, and Dwight isn't better than Kareem at anything except jumping, and defense.

LeBron and Dwight would be a great duo though. Putting two DPOY candidates, and two perennial top 3 MVP candidates on the same team is never a bad thing.

Everyone would freak out.

I would continue to watch the Heat as I do every year, winning or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    The comparison is not really valid imo, but I understand your point. I just think that a duo like LeBron and Dwight has never existed, and mostly that is because a player like LeBron has never really existed. First of all for the 2.0 comment LeBron, and Dwight are much more athletic than their counterparts, and LeBron is much better than Magic at everything, except the thing that makes Magic the greatest PG of all time, and Dwight isn't better than Kareem at anything except jumping, and defense.

LeBron and Dwight would be a great duo though. Putting two DPOY candidates, and two perennial top 3 MVP candidates on the same team is never a bad thing.
    Strongly disagree on this, but Magic's my all time favorite player, so of course I'm going to disagree. Anyhow, I get what you're saying, but it would probably be the closest thing the modern era would have to it. Dwight doesn't have Kareem's moves, but Lebron is definitely the heir to Magic's style.

NBA rookie of the year

Miami > LA

Pat Riley > Kupchak

Micky Arison > Jerry Buss

LeBron has made South Florida his second home to Akron. He'll be there for the long hall.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I'd probably stop watching the NBA. The good stay good and the bad stay bad should be the slogan if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Miami > LA

Pat Riley > Kupchak

Micky Arison > Jerry Buss

LeBron has made South Florida his second home to Akron. He'll be there for the long hall.
    Except none of the above are true

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Isn't it 2015?

Also, this isn't farfetched. Lakers have the cap space and a superstar to attract LeBron. The real question is will LeBron take the risk of having another "decision" type of reaction from the world.

Other free agents in 2014 - Wade, Andre Iguodala, Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Dirk, Pau, Amare, Zach Randolph, Gortat, Bogut

(Don't know how accurate this is since I got it from a poster on LN)
    Dirk or Randolph would be amazing pick ups for the LeBron/Dwight Lakers. OJ wouldn't be terrible either. Dirk isn't realistic at all, but Randolph doesn't seem far fetched at all imo.

LeBron will take a lot of money because this will be hist last max deal. He'll get a little over 20 million the first year (105% of his previous contract). With Dwight's 20,200,000 give or take, and LeBron's 20 million in addition to Steve's 9,700,000 would bring them to about 50 million total. That would give them 10 million + to spend on free agents, and Zach Randolph would definately be available for that amount.

If he could calm down his ego he'd easily add another few rings to his already impressive resume. That's a big if though.
    I would almost go as far as saying that would be one of lebron's stips if he did sign in lala land, that kobe re-signs.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I'd probably stop watching the NBA. The good stay good and the bad stay bad should be the slogan if that happens.
    How is that any different from him staying in Miami? The "good stay good" still in that case, right?

and LeBron is much better than Magic at everything,
    . I'll pass on LeBron. He won't be nearly as good at 30.

this will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    . I'll pass on LeBron. He won't be nearly as good at 30.
    he won't catch aids like Tragic Johnson.

Strongly disagree on this, but Magic's my all time favorite player, so of course I'm going to disagree. Anyhow, I get what you're saying, but it would probably be the closest thing the modern era would have to it. Dwight doesn't have Kareem's moves, but Lebron is definitely the heir to Magic's style.
    I don't want to turn this into a LeBron vs. Magic debate so let's just agree to disagree on that part. I guess you're right. I always forget just how bad the current crop of NBA "centers" is. Hopefully in the next few years Demarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Cody Zeller, Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noels, Greg Monroe, etc develop into legitimate big men and turn the '10's into a C dominated era. The problem as you know is that all of the great, or potentially great centers of this current era ran into injures. Oden, Yao, Bynum, etc all were/could have been top big men in the NBA, but injuries prevented it leaving the current crop to rot in hell.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6JamesIsKing
    he won't catch aids like Tragic Johnson.
    So much butthurt in this post. Typical LeBron stan response. This post actually makes pauk more reasonable.