Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas

shard for arenas ???? doesnt make sense to me

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas

So who plays PF for Orlando without Lewis? i don't know their rotation. Bass?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Arenas makes so much sense for the Magic, though I can imagine coach going crazy

basicall getting rid of carter and lewis makes em way better and bigger.
    move bass into the starting rotation, get turgolu who had his best years with orlando to sf. arenas can play sg and pg with nelson in the backcourt.

Banned

More chuckers, whatever, suit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by GilZero
    Arenas makes so much sense for the Magic, though I can imagine coach going crazy

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

lewis for arenas is great for the magic.

then they can move carter's expiring 17 million dollar deal and gortat for a great package. potentially melo/billups or melo/bird man or something like that....or they could get involved in a 3 team deal and go after a gerald wallace or something. rashard lewis is a joke. at least arenas can go for 50 if you don't guard him.

the magic have all the assets to make their team ten times better over night. i hope they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nbacardDOTnet
    caption:

arenas: your so LeFu*ked in cleavland..bang bang

jamson: yea i know

rest of the team: OhhhSnappp

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    The only way Phoenix is going to let Nash go is if you take a couple of those horrible contracts with him.

Want Nash? Want some Turkododo, Childress, Frye and Warrick with that? Otherwise obviously it's not worth it for Phoenix. Nash is the face of the franchise, his contract is a bargain and Phoenix doesn't even have any young talent to rebuild with.
    Agreed. Could definitely be worth it, because they need an elite play-making point guard. However If I was them I'd be going hard for Chris Paul instead. I think this deal could work -

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2734typ

Orlando
    Chris Paul (3 yrs $49 mil)
    Emeka Okafor(4 yrs $52 mil)
    Marcus Thornton (1 yrs $762k)
    -------------------------------
    Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($67 mil) received ($101.8 mil)]

New Orleans
    Vince Carter (expirer $17 mil)
    Jameer Nelson (3 yrs $22 mil)
    Marcin Gortat (4 yrs $28 mil)
    2 Future 1st Round Picks
    Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($101.8 mil) received ($67 mil)]

Why Orlando does it This trade makes an elite team even better. The one thing Orlando has lacked for all these years has been an elite playmaker to get the ball to Dwight. Paul solves that problem.

Paul | Duhon | Williams
    Thornton | Reddick
    Richardson | Pietrus
    Lewis | Bass | Warrick
    Howard | Okafor | Orton

Why New Orleans does it? This deal would save them about $35 mil altogether and relieve their payroll for next season by about $15 mil (which as things stand now would give them the cap space to offer someone a max deal and have about $6 mil more left).

Nelson | Jack
    Carter | Belinelli | Green
    Ariza |
    West | Smith
    Gortat | Andersen

The Magic and Wizards are discussing a potential Gilbert Arenas trade and reports indicate the Orlando may send both Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis to Washington in a deal.

A source advised that including Carter and Lewis in the trade is "being discussed."

If the Magic include Lewis, the NBA's second-highest paid player, it would be a clear indication that Orlando is looking to cut salary.

Lewis and Carter combine to earn more than $37 million this season, so the Wizards would have to include more than just Arenas and his $17.7 million contract in a trade.

Looks like they are trying to cut salary. Maybe trying to get some flexiblity to make a run at Melo or to trade for a pg.

Banned

The Magic are basically rebuilding and blowing their roster up. They weren't going to go anywhere with that roster anyways.

Whats the chance of this actually going through?

Banned

Makes sense. Rashard has sucked, and his contract is almost as terrible as Gilbert's.

Default Re: Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards Close to Trading Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Aren

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Agreed. Could definitely be worth it, because they need an elite play-making point guard. However If I was them I'd be going hard for Chris Paul instead. I think this deal could work -

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2734typ

Orlando
    Chris Paul (3 yrs $49 mil)
    Emeka Okafor(4 yrs $52 mil)
    Marcus Thornton (1 yrs $762k)
    Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($67 mil) received ($101.8 mil)]

New Orleans
    Vince Carter (expirer $17 mil)
    Jameer Nelson (3 yrs $22 mil)
    Marcin Gortat (4 yrs $28 mil)
    2 Future 1st Round Picks
    Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($101.8 mil) received ($67 mil)]

Why Orlando does it This trade makes an elite team even better. The one thing Orlando has lacked for all these years has been an elite playmaker to get the ball to Dwight. Paul solves that problem.

Paul | Duhon | Williams
    Thornton | Reddick
    Richardson | Pietrus
    Lewis | Bass | Warrick
    Howard | Okafor | Orton

Why New Orleans does it? This deal would save them about $35 mil altogether and relieve their payroll for next season by about $15 mil (which as things stand now would give them the cap space to offer someone a max deal and have about $6 mil more left).

Nelson | Jack
    Carter | Belinelli | Green
    Ariza |
    West | Smith
    Gortat | Andersen
    I see your trade a raise you:
    Ty Lawson
    JR Smith
    Kenyon Martin
    2 Firsts

for

Chris Paul
    Emeka Okafor

Much better for New Orleans. They save a lot of money (short and long term), get a younger, cheaper PG in Lawson (who will probably end up being better than Jameer), a good wing in JR and 2 firsts. They also get to keep Thornton. They give like $66 mil of long term deals and get like less than $30 mil long term deals (Kenyon and JR expire after this year and Lawson only makes $1.5 mil). Saves them a lot of money and gets them a future all star PG and 2 firsts. While your trade actually gives them more long term money for inferior players. (also if NO wants to dump more money, a Balkman for Ariza swap can be included, it works: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2fzcuz8 ).

Denver gets the best PG in the NBA and that has to convince Melo to stay. Also Okafor could help out b/c we need a big man (so it's easier to take on his huge deal).

I don't think NO will trade Paul b/c the NBA now owns them and any new owner will want to keep CP, but this offer is much better than most offers, although I think NJ can offer a better package.

If they go for Arenas then they need to be smart about what they end up with after their rebuild. I would hate to see them ship everyone out as an excuse to cut salary and end up another soft team filled with scorers. Imagine a back court of Gilly, Jameer, and Reddick with an Anderson, Bass, Qrich, Thorton rotation at the 3-4.

If Orlando does this trade they need to bring in someone like Deng, G-Wallace, AK, Green, or both Iggy and Battier.