Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Official NBA '08 Draft Lottery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DatPrince

couldn't agree with you more they are def. getting a top 2 its just a gut feeling

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE

THE KNICKS ARE FINALLY WATCHABLE
    Derrick Rose is not going to make an entire offense better.

Thats a ridiculous pipe dream that many Knicks fans are probably going to have,if he starts and averages at least 35 MPG expect something around 12 PPG 6 APG.

I'm not convinced that the Knicks will draft Rose if they are set to keep Marbury.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm going to agree on the Knicks, but not because of any conspiracy. The way I've seen the lottery crack up the last few years, the team with the worst record hasn't had the mojo. It's usually been the team with the 3rd to 5th worst. And NY is tied for 4th. Silly logic, you ask? Maybe. But it's still early in the morning

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

couldn't agree with you more they are def. getting a top 2 its just a gut feeling
    just a 7% chance of a first and an 8% chance of a second. It's pretty unlikely they get a top 2 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEncinas
    just a 7% chance of a first and an 8% chance of a second. It's pretty unlikely they get a top 2 pick.

People just don't understand statistics, and the draft lottery, and always talk about the team with the best odds not getting it. That's because even though they have the best odds (25%) it means that 75% of the time, they won't, so as a whole, it's much more likely the team with the worst record doesn't get it. So yeah, at best over the long haul, the top team only gets it one in 4 years, which is close to what we've seen overall since this lotto started.

And as exactly stated above, they only have a 7% chance of snagging the first pick, and an 8% chance of getting the second. So I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were in NY.

I think the best case scenario for all non-Knick fans is that 3 teams lower than the Knicks odds-wise win the lotto, get bumped, and the NYK get moved down. Has an entire fan-base ever committed suicide at the same time before?

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

I hope they let Knicks fans into the room.

New york fans are entertainment at its finest. Draft time when they boo or cheer is funny as hell to watch on TV...but itd be funny if they just bumped to 7th or 8th and the reaction on them would be priceless...like that boston guy last year who was about ot cry

Bulls, by all accounts, are a proverbial lock for #9 or #10. That's Joakim Noah territory. That should be good enough for UCLA's Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love.

Learning to shoot layups DatPrince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

Thats a ridiculous pipe dream that many Knicks fans are probably going to have,if he starts and averages at least 35 MPG expect something around 12 PPG 6 APG.

I'm not convinced that the Knicks will draft Rose if they are set to keep Marbury.
    but he'll get them into the right direction better than marbury....and yes the knicks will draft rose i just got this feeling lmao

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE loll

Banned

but he'll get them into the right direction better than marbury....and yes the knicks will draft rose i just got this feeling lmao

KNICKS DRAFT DERRICK ROSE loll
    Not really

I'm not a Rose hater but I really could see him becoming the next Antonio Daniels more than him becoming the next Gary Payton.

NBA Superstar

I hope Wolves get the top pick and Knicks get the second pick.

pg
    Foye
    Brewer
    Beasley
    Jefferson

Will be sick in the future. Just need to find a real pg in the future although it won't ever be one of the top ones unless it comes through the draft because of how much money will be invested into the team already.

Rose
    Crawford
    ? no one worthy of starting
    Randolph
    Lee

Trade Marbury and Curry for some picks or a starting caliber sf/c.

Not really

I'm not a Rose hater but I really could see him becoming the next Antonio Daniels more than him becoming the next Gary Payton.
    you sound retarded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    you sound retarded.
    If only you could hear me.

They will keep Maybury bc he is an expiring contract and let it run out or trade the expiring contract away. He will not be a Knick past this season. Pg position has been a problem for years w/ the Knicks. They need a guy like him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    They will keep Maybury bc he is an expiring contract and let it run out or trade the expiring contract away. He will not be a Knick past this season. Pg position has been a problem for years w/ the Knicks. They need a guy like him
    Everyone knows he won't be a Knick past this season because he's heading overseas to play in 2009.

By drafting Derrick Rose what do you do with Nate Robinson,he is a great fit for D'Antoni's system but you can't possibly play him at the 2,they'd probably have to rotate Rose in as Jamaal Crawford's back-up at the 2 when Robinson checks in the game.

The smart thing for New York to do would be to trade Starbury,Crawford,and Q-Dog.

Start Derrick Rose at PG,Acquire Via Trade a SG,Start Chandler at SF.

But they're not smart enough to realize this because they want to be competitive next season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Repeating a question from the Draft thread (since I didn't see the Lottery thread earlier):

I didn't see the answer to this question on NBA.com's lottery page. What time is the lottery? I know its tomorrow, but what time?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Repeating a question from the Draft thread (since I didn't see the Lottery thread earlier):

I didn't see the answer to this question on NBA.com's lottery page. What time is the lottery? I know its tomorrow, but what time?
    8:00 P.M. ET