Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Magic Fans, Do you Really believe you lost because of "RUST"

No Boston kicked are ass period. They cut lanes off and fronted well but we were little rusty in the begining that does not explain how we cut it too 4 then was behind 20. I said the C's were gonna play the Cavs well and could beat them when many said yea right. We have to play better and limit turnovers and hit some more of our shots and we will be fine. The C's D is awesome but so is the Magic's. I think this will go 7.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsupra
    No Boston kicked are ass period. They cut lanes off and fronted well but we were little rusty in the begining that does not explain how we cut it too 4 then was behind 20. I said the C's were gonna play the Cavs well and could beat them when many said yea right. We have to play better and limit turnovers and hit some more of our shots and we will be fine. The C's D is awesome but so is the Magic's. I think this will go 7.

Great Reply

Banned

I see there's lots of people here frothing at the mouth wishing for Orlando's demise...but as a fan...I don't know. I'm just not worried

Now, if they lose game 2 -- that's cause for real concern. As of now, they just need to win tomorrow and take care of business in Boston. I think they'll be fine.

they just got beaten, but even though Boston whooped their a sses in the third quarter the Magic managed to get back into the game and lost by four points. It shows that this team can definitely beat Boston, it should be very interesting and the next game will be very important for Orlando.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    they just got beaten, but even though Boston whooped their a sses in the third quarter the Magic managed to get back into the game and lost by four points. It shows that this team can definitely beat Boston, it should be very interesting and the next game will be very important for Orlando.

man, in the 4th qtr, doc rivers didnt call a timeout until the last final 5 minutes, even Van gundy and mark jackson were saying Doc is letting rondo just run the team. They were in cruise mode at that time becuase of the lead. Don't let the final score fool you.

Naturally, most fans do not want to accept that their team may not be good enough to win. So, they come up with all kinds of excuses such as 'the other team wanted it more', 'my team's in a slump', 'my team isn't trying hard enough' etc. I'm rooting for Boston, and if the C's got dominated the way the Magic did in game 1, I'd be a little worried.

If you've seen some Boston games, you'd know that when they build big leads, they tend to let up a little on their defense. I expect the Celtics to win game 2 unless someone on the Magic has a monster game.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    man, in the 4th qtr, doc rivers didnt call a timeout until the last final 5 minutes, even Van gundy and mark jackson were saying Doc is letting rondo just run the team. They were in cruise mode at that time becuase of the lead. Don't let the final score fool you.
    I saw the game and I know they said that. It was bad coaching, I agree. But; the Magic did show they could play with the C's. It was the two threes in a row (don't remember who they came from) that capped their run in the fourth. It is that PP won't play like this every game and Dwight will elevate his game, I don't doubt that. It will be close. But as we all know the Celtics tend to give away big leads, a 20 point lead means nothing. Of course Rasheed and Vince are inconsistent and that might be a difference.

Banned

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    This was a very rare game for the Magic... Celtics fans don't get too happy.
    1.Rashard Lewis went 0-6 from the 3 point line, that never happens
    2.The Magic haven't taken a lead the whole game...First time this season that's happened to them.
    3.Ray Allen isn't accustomed to scoring 25 points in a playoff game ecpecially at this time in his career, so don't expect it to happen again.

Overall I am disturbed by this loss because as much as Rashard was struggeling, SVG should NOT have kept him playing as long as he did. He should have put Ryan Anderson in for a few offensive rebounds and a three or 2, so bad job on SVG regarding playing time situations.

In game 2 the magic need to go more to vince and jameer and less to dwight. I am going to be straight up and say that dwight will not do a lot of damage this series because i feel like the celtics will contain him the whole series.
    How does yesterday being the first time Orlando haven't taken a lead in a game factor in to this AT ALL? Even if they took the lead at two different points in the game the Celtics still outworked them in every facet of the game and came out with the win. People denouncing Boston's accomplishment yesterday are the same people who would be talking up Orlando "making a statement" if they won instead.

Ray Allen scored 30, 28, 51, and 23 in the first round of the playoffs last year. 23 and 22 against the Magic which is not a stretch from 25.

Rashard Lewis isn't as much of a factor as he was last year due to Garnett's return and resurgence. It isn't a fluke that he's having trouble getting off good shots over Garnett's length and pestering defense.

Basically, I don't get your post.
    Last edited by AMISTILLILL; 05-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    I saw the game and I know they said that. It was bad coaching, I agree. But; the Magic did show they could play with the C's. It was the two threes in a row (don't remember who they came from) that capped their run in the fourth. It is that PP won't play like this every game and Dwight will elevate his game, I don't doubt that. It will be close. But as we all know the Celtics tend to give away big leads, a 20 point lead means nothing.
    Who on the Magic can stop paul pierce ? You must not be familiar with Paul pierce's works. Dwight has a big Problem in his hands( Sheed/Big baby/Perkins/Williams/) and the celtics defense is disciplined, this is why they are able to shut down the 3pt shot.

Default Re: Post-game thoughts on the Celtics beating Magic in 2010 East Conf Finals game 1

One thing that is not being metion is Orlando's ball distribution was terrible 10 assist on 32 made baskets is an indicator of a lack of a distributor. When they can't create open shots for others out of Howard's double team then where are they going to find the open 3's that their offense is based on. As good as VC was last night the Celtics can live with him having a big game because frankly he isn't very good in finding others.

its a 7 game series not a 1 game series this one will go 7 orlando can still win

Who on the Magic can stop paul pierce ? You must not be familiar with Paul pierce's works. Dwight has a big Problem in his hands( Sheed/Big baby/Perkins/Williams/) and the celtics defense is disciplined, this is why they are able to shut down the 3pt shot.

yesyes, I know. But if you look closely at Pierce's iso situations a lot of plays end up becoming pull-ups or stepbacks from midrange (he hasnt been consistent in hitting those in the playoffs). Dwight has a problem and always had with Perkins, but he won't play much worse than last night. He seemed really dissapointed in himself. He will be motivated enough to put up a decent performance. The difference will be if their spot-up shooters can get on a roll early on in the games.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    One thing that is not being metion is Orlando's ball distribution was terrible 10 assist on 32 made baskets is an indicator of a lack of a distributor. When they can't create open shots for others out of Howard's double team then where are they going to find the open 3's that their offense is based on. As good as VC was last night the Celtics can live with him having a big game because frankly he isn't very good in finding others.
    Hey, I didn't know Jon Barry posted here. Vince is as good as any SG at finding the open man, but he's not the initiator of the offense on the magic, Nelson is. And there might have been more assists for the Magic if they hit the open shots they got (they did miss a few of these) and had been more patient with their offense. But you gotta credit Boston's D for taking them out of their comfort zone and missing those shots. Still, they scored 56 points in the second half, so they did get themselves back on track offensively

Perk is the only legitimate threat of those 4.

Sheed just tries to provoke him and piss him off (which is beyond pathetic), and Glen was flopping (which is just sad), and if Sheldon is playing, then that means one (or more) of those other 3 are fucking up.

I'm more worried about KG on Shard.

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Perk is the only legitimate threat of those 4.

Sheed just tries to provoke him and piss him off (which is beyond pathetic), and Glen was flopping (which is just sad), and if Sheldon is playing, then that means one (or more) of those other 3 are fucking up.

I'm more worried about KG on Shard.
    Sheed trying to provoke him is strategy. As amazing a player as Dwight is I don't think anyone had ever accused him (or his coach) of being mentally tough. If Sheed can get under his skin then he is doing his job.