Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Yea Sanchez can't be mentioned in the same breath as any of those guys but our Defense is better than all of those teams defenses...including the Patriots and Giants.PPL mistakingly said that Giants team had a great D.They didnt.They hada great Pass Rush.The Giants secondary has been shaky for years.Its just so damn hard to get the ball off when Tuck,Osi, Strahan, Cofield,Alford, Kiwanuka are breathing down your neck and theyre all fresh because they are stockpiled @ the dline positions.Every year the Giants draft @ least one d-lineman,most of the time high in the draft.The Jets only somewhat of a weakness is their pash rush from the end position...but we run a 3-4 (which I hate btw) and we never only send our linemen.We always are blitzing some1.So I could play D end and it wouldnt matter.Plus,our LBs are agressive and now under Rex Ryan,we gang tackle.Soemthing we never used to do.So what does that mean? Even if somehow you escape the Brick Wall known as Kris Jenkins,now you have a tidal wave of LBs and safeties ready to bust your snotbubble.Oh and btw,dont even think about throwin it Revis' way.Oh and btw you can't exactly pick on the other DBs because one is a former pro-bowler and one is a stud rookie.Oh and btw our Dwight Lowery's biggest strength is playing nickleback.So yea I'm nervous about Sanchez but I wont count us out if he doesnt have good games.He played poorly in alotta games last year and it didnt matter because the D wouldnt allow the opposing team to score.It was like a little kid playing basketball with a Ringer and he gets all the rebounds and keeps letting the scrubby kid shoot until he makes one lmao.
    What I just realized is that the Patriots and Jets are opposites but similar at the same time.

The Patriots have a strong offense which has been making headlines for the wrong reasons this off season, due to contracts. They also have a weak defence this year.

The Jets have a strong defense which has also been making headlines for the wrong reasons with the whole Revis situation. Then look at there offense and you see that its average at best.

I'm interested in seeinng the results of the Jets Pats games this season.

That was off topic though. Back to my point. My big problem with Jet fans is alot of them are claiming they are going to the super bowl this year. What makes them better then the Colts? The Colts have one of the stronger defenses in the league and one of the best QB's in the game. The Jets have one of the best defenses in the league but an unproven sophmore QB.

And thats a big jump. You still have to go through the Chargers, which you proved you can do but this is a younger and healthier Charger team. Then even in your own division you have to take on the Dolphins who quietly have a very good squad this year as well. I just hate that Jets fans think theyre going to even sniff a superbowl title with out a legit QB.

I mean look at the Vikings. They were very similar to your team now. Great running game and strong defense...but no QB. They went no where. They get Brett Favre and are a mistake away from the Super Bowl. Theyre still many peoples choice to make it to the super bowl this year.

Yeah the Giants have a great pass rush. But the return of Kris Jenkins on your defensive line will really help the pass rush. And of course there aren't many teams who can compete with the Jets cornerbacks because of Revis. Put him on the best wide receiver of the opposing team and he will shut him down (say what Ochocinco, 0 receptions and 0 yards?) .

I really hope Osi Umenyiora can get back to his old form (2007) and that Justin Tuck has an incredibly stellar season like in 2008.

Osi
    2007: 16 games (16 starts), 40 tackles, 13.0 sacks
    2009: 16 games (11 starts), 19 tackles, 7.0 sacks

Tuck
    2008: 16 games (16 starts), 52 tackles, 12.0 sacks and 1 interception
    2009: 16 games (15 starts), 44 tackles, 6.0 sacks

That is just a dominating combination if they play like their best seasons and I think they can do that. Too bad they cut Jay Alford.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...dyear-qb-bomar

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Green"]Comparing Mark Sanchez who is going into his 2nd season who had 1 year of college experience and 1 year of NFL experience is just NONSENSE!

The reason the Jets pass rush is abysmal is because they cant get pressure on the QB with the front 7. So they have to send exotic and creative blitzes to get pressure on the QB. Considering Pace is the best only pass rusher is pretty pitiful to me.

I dont see where the Giants improved on defense except adding a Safety and Middle linebacker (who is really a weakside LB.) Bano the Giants have added nothing really, yet they have improved? Ludicrous. Its the same team that folded after starting 5-0 I believe.

I dont think the Giants are bad by no means but honestly I dont see them making much waves this year. 9-7 would be a nice for them. I can see them beating Panthers Home, Tennessee Home, Chicago Home, Detroit Home, @Seattle, Wash Home, Philly Home, Jacksonville Home, Dallas Home.
    Show me where the Giants are going to be quality teams on the road?[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Green"]Comparing Mark Sanchez who is going into his 2nd season who had 1 year of college experience and 1 year of NFL experience is just NONSENSE![/COLOR]
    So therefore it is nonsense to believe the Jets can win a superbowl this year because they do not have a legit Quarterback. Look at the last 5 years, each super bowl winning team had a legit QB.

Look at the Bears when they vsed the Colts. Great D but no legit QB...they lost. The Jets wont beat the Colts in the play-offs.

[COLOR="Green"]I dont see where the Giants improved on defense except adding a Safety and Middle linebacker (who is really a weakside LB.) Bano the Giants have added nothing really, yet they have improved? Ludicrous. Its the same team that folded after starting 5-0 I believe.
    [/COLOR]
    Well first and foremost they fired their defensive co-ordinator, who did such a terrible job with the D last year. They brought in Perry Fewell who brought in alot of energy. Then they added Pierre-Paul to the pass rush along with Tuck and Umenyiora who seem to have there problems aside and ready to play.

[COLOR="Green"]Show me where the Giants are going to be quality teams on the road?[/COLOR]
    In the 2007-2008 NFL play-offs.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    So therefore it is nonsense to believe the Jets can win a superbowl this year because they do not have a legit Quarterback. Look at the last 5 years, each super bowl winning team had a legit QB.

Look at the Bears when they vsed the Colts. Great D but no legit QB...they lost. The Jets wont beat the Colts in the play-offs.

Well first and foremost they fired their defensive co-ordinator, who did such a terrible job with the D last year. They brought in Perry Fewell who brought in alot of energy. Then they added Pierre-Paul to the pass rush along with Tuck and Umenyiora who seem to have there problems aside and ready to play.

In the 2007-2008 NFL play-offs.
    [COLOR="Green"]I said the Jets were going to the playoffs... Mark Sanchez has to get better managing the game and making big plays when needed like 1st downs things like that make defenses scared of a big play or two in the passing game....

I am asking you to look at your schedule for the upcoming season and tell me where they can realistically WIN more than 7 games.

You are under the dellusion that a pass rush means W's.... Thats just one phase of the game my man.
    [/COLOR]

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

pass rush doesnt mean W's but Defense wins games and we arent all pass rush liek the giants were.N i think we have a shot to win any game we play so I dont even need to look @ our schedule.But for the record.I saw the schedule the day it came out.Our 1st game will probably be our toughest game because I think the Ravens got the best over the offseason.I'm not saying we are a shoe-in for the Superbowl but I do think we have a shot.N i say that because while Sanchez isnt gr8,he isnt a scrub and we got to the AFC championship game last year w/ him and one less superstar wide-receiver.Not to mention Braylon was a newcomer.Really,when you think of it,Sanchez may be our weakest link now.That's not bad.

[COLOR="Green"]I said the Jets were going to the playoffs... Mark Sanchez has to get better managing the game and making big plays when needed like 1st downs things like that make defenses scared of a big play or two in the passing game....

I am asking you to look at your schedule for the upcoming season and tell me where they can realistically WIN more than 7 games.

You are under the dellusion that a pass rush means W's.... Thats just one phase of the game my man.
    [/COLOR]

haha, using the jets colours .

pass rush doesnt mean W's but Defense wins games and we arent all pass rush liek the giants were.N i think we have a shot to win any game we play so I dont even need to look @ our schedule.But for the record.I saw the schedule the day it came out.Our 1st game will probably be our toughest game because I think the Ravens got the best over the offseason.I'm not saying we are a shoe-in for the Superbowl but I do think we have a shot.N i say that because while Sanchez isnt gr8,he isnt a scrub and we got to the AFC championship game last year w/ him and one less superstar wide-receiver.Not to mention Braylon was a newcomer.Really,when you think of it,Sanchez may be our weakest link now.That's not bad.
    Well said. The Jets offense has improved over the summer which should really help. That's why I am really looking forward to kickoff weekend.

end of the day,im just excited to see the Jets look good.I've been a die-hard fan through countless Mets,Jets and Knicks seasons where we had no shot. The Mets look like crap and will for the forseeable future.The Knicks may never get right because we wanna hold on to certain unproven guys instead of going after superstars *cough cough* lol and the Jets went years with a guy who couldnt throw pass 20 yds (Chad Pennington) so yea,I'm excited about Jet football.Our Defense is great,our running game is good,our receivers are finally good,Rex Ryan is fun to listen to, Fireman Ed is awesome (even though he wasnt the originator of the JETS chant) and we have the best db in the league

o yea p.s. we send exotic blitz packages because that's how Rex Ryan coaches. D-line or no D-line.He did it in B-more too.It's why he's such a genious on the defensive side of the ball.and i think a big part of the reason we didnt get pash rush is because our DT,one of if not the best in the league,was out...i think that MAY have something to do with it.
    Last edited by franchize; 09-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.

[COLOR="Green"]I said the Jets were going to the playoffs...[/COLOR]
    I know that you said that and I'm not accusing you of being one of those Jet fans who said the Jets winning a super bowl this year is going to happen. I dont think anyone on here is saying that. If you look around though their are wayyyy to many Jets fans claiming superbowl this year just because they made it to the AFC championship last year. Those are the fans I have problems with. Also it annoys me that the organization is doing the same and claiming superbowl. It will most likely make your organization look like a joke at the end of the day because there are alot of teams who can win the superbowl this year....and the Jets are not at the top of the list.

I think ppl are reading too much into Rex's superbowl statements.Rex is a vulgar,hardnosed,coky guy.His style as a coach is to have his players play the way he coaches...holding their crotch and disrespecting everyone.Before he did anything,Rex gave the team confidence.Him and Bart Scott brought leadership and an identity that we havent had for a while.We are a smashmouth team.For years,I couldnt tell you what we were.So Rex being a jerk,Rex cursing up a storm or Rex making bold predictions is more so a testament to the direction and attitude he's tryna instill in this team than him looking at our roster and saying hmmm we match up well with everyone.But, for the record,we do have a shot to win it and anyone who says we have no shot is clueless.Anytime you have a D like we have,you have a shot.IMO our D is better than the Giants D was the year they won.

I think the fact that Jenkins will be back improves the Jets pass rush a lot. They must have missed the presence of (like you said) one of the best defensive tackles in the NFL.

IMO our D is better than the Giants D was the year they won.
    I think your D is better too. The difference is we had a legit a QB and you dont.

I think any team with a good Defence can atleast make it to the championships, but only teams with legit Quarterbacks to go with a good defence have the ability to win it all.

Look how good the Bears defence was in the 2006-2007 season when the lost in the superbowl against the Colts. But then a Giants team, which I dont think was as good as that Bears team manages to win a superbowl one year later.

A good QB is 100% needed to win a superbowl.

Im fine with any Jets fan saying they have a shot to make it to the superbowl, but to win is a whole different story. You don't have the QB for it.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Green"]Bano I do agree to some degree that Most Superbowl teams have good or elite QB's first and foremost even before having a gr8 defense. I do believe they have a chance in the playoffs.

I am still waiting for the explanation of how the Giants are going to make the playoffs though.... They can win 9 games but which road games could they win to put them in position to make a playoff run? [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]Bano I do agree to some degree that Most Superbowl teams have good or elite QB's first and foremost even before having a gr8 defense. I do believe they have a chance in the playoffs.

I am still waiting for the explanation of how the Giants are going to make the playoffs though.... They can win 9 games but which road games could they win to put them in position to make a playoff run? [/COLOR]
    The Seahawks for sure. We definetly have the ability to beat the Eagles and Redskins at home but I feel like its going to be one or the other. I also believe we could beat the Texans.