Default Top 10 most offensive words/phrases.

I suppose this would vary from person to person and ultimately boil down to one's personal opinion, but there are maybe a handful of some that most would consider to be universally accepted.

Here's a list I found off a random Google search: According to BBC - British LOL

1. Retard
    2. Spastic
    3. Window-licker
    4. Mong
    5. Special
    6. Brave
    7. Cripple
    8. Psycho
    9. Handicapped
    10. Wheelchair-bound

Retard can set some people off, and is certainly offensive in the presence of someone who is literally mentally handicapped (such as myself). I don't know about it being # 1 though. I think most women would arrive at cu[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]t being commonly accepted as the flagship of most offensive.

An old school classic is the tried and true fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k. Going back to the list, I'm not quite understanding the selection of spastic, window-licker, brave and wheelchair-bound? Special is also questionable considering other, more worthy possible picks to choose from.

The most offensive for most people would probably be racial or sexual related.

**Before we go further, please understand this thread is NOT meant to be racist or offensive to anyone... just a meaningless discussion of what words many of us find offensive** (thanks in advance)

To me personally, God damn is the single-most offensive. When I'm out with other co-workers, or a friend, my brother other family member says GD, I almost cringe. It can bother me, especially if it's during someone's burst of anger.

Another "c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]nt-like" word that flies under the radar is t[COLOR="Black"]w[/COLOR]att. That one seems to rub some women in an ill manner. Co[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ksucker or just co[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k in general can get someone's attention. If someone said co[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k in front of my grandmother, she's probably go into cardiac attest.

Jumping off the sexual wagon for a second, switching to racist there's one racial term that's a bit more old school that IMO trumps the classic N word. That would be porch monkey. It's an awful term and has always been very offensive. Thank God you rarely hear this term anymore. An ironic racial term that can offend a black person is Oreo; LOL, we all know at least one or two within our lifetime.

There's white racial words... honkey, cracker, whitey, etc. - but I think it's probably commonly accepted that "white trash" is the most offensive? If I'm missing one that's more of a button-pusher, please share. Then of course there's Hispanic terms such as wetback and spi[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]. You don't seem to hear them that often anymore (again, thank God). Chi[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]k is the most common reserved for the Asian community. One that has surfaced in the last decade or so, sandmonkey, is considered a big no-no (middle-eastern racial term).

Touching on just a few more sexual words, how about c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]m-bucket or c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]m-dumpster ... if I were a woman and referred to as a c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]m-dumpster, I'd probably be a little pissed. Sl[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]t has always been one that women despise; probably much more than whore or ho. Women hate to hear co[COLOR="Black"]o[/COLOR]ter or bit[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]h, while guys seem to find it funny. Men hate to be called pri[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ks and douchers, thus women finding that funny.

Lastly, there's offensive words outside of sexual or racial reference... words that would insult one's intelligence or mental state of mind such as - imbecile, dumbass, moron, simpleton, retard, basket case, loony toon, etc. Insulting one's intelligence can easily piss someone off, but I think sexually offensive in a disrespectful manner and especially racial insults are the real button-pushers and should never be used.

If I had to throw my own Top 10 list out there just for the sake of having it it'd probably look something like this:

1 - God Damn
    2 - Porch Monkey (duh, I realize not me personally, just saying in general)
    3 - Mother Fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ker
    4 - Cu[COLOR="Black"]n[/COLOR]t
    5 - Sp[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]c (it just sounds really bad)
    6 - Twa[COLOR="Black"]t[/COLOR]t
    7 - Imbecile
    8 - Cu[COLOR="Black"]m[/COLOR]-dumpster
    9 - Booty Juice
    10 - Baby doo-doo squirts

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Top 10 most offensive words/phrases.

tl;dr, and in before delete
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 07-28-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Alligator c*cksucker

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Naggers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    LOJ
    Mos def...

These lists are so brave and special...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

You are certainly a retard legend of josh, but c.unt is always a good word when a bitch has pissed you off and you want to irk her really bad. t.wat never hurts either. Adding stupid to c.unt along with f.ucking never hurts either. You stupid f.ucking c.unt! Works wonders when you really want to piss off your lady and send her on her way for awhile.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

why does God Damn offend you so much?

I think when said in certain tones, the word Jew can sound offensive.

Pillowbiter. Still hilarious tho and I still use it.

You forgot about '***', 'homo', 'queer', etc. which tend to piss people off quite a bit.

but..but...most woman are c.unts...so why do they get offended by it