Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: The 2011-12 All-NBA teams were revealed today

Something is wrong with this. 120 people vote. There are 5 positions per team. So there should be 600 total 1st Team votes. There are only 593 mentioned.

I already assumed that some people voted Kevin Love as a C (5 open votes between Lebron and Durant, and Love gets 16 and Melo another).

But there is something missing. Maybe some of the guys who missed being on any of the teams haven't had their 1st team votes listed. But there are 7 missing votes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If what you're saying is true.. and the entire Clippers turnaround is a result of Paul's play... then you feel CP3 should have won the MVP award no question?
    Not necessarily, just because Paul was the biggest reason for the Clippers' improvement doesn't mean that I think that he is deserving of the MVP award.

I think the MVP award can largely be considered a combination of most valuable and best player in the world, and I agree with that thinking. While Paul was the key cog in my opinion, there is no doubt in my mind that James deserved the MVP award.

For one, though Paul improved the Clippers, LeBron couldn't really improve the Heat as much from last year because he had been a part of their nucleus last year. However, he proved to me to be as valuable to the Heat as CP3 is to the Clips because he continuously carried the team throughout the season, particularly when Wade was hurt. Like CP3, if James doesn't perform at a high level, the Heat stink. Not to mention the fact that he played DPOY caliber defense.

In addition, I thought that overall as a player James is/was superior to CP3 in almost every aspect. Also, statistically speaking, he was better (though it's iffy to compare across positions) and had less off nights than Paul. I do think CP3 was rightfully awarded 1st team All-NBA but he did not deserve 1st defense at all and James was the right choice for MVP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Something is wrong with this. 120 people vote. There are 5 positions per team. So there should be 600 total 1st Team votes. There are only 593 mentioned.

I already assumed that some people voted Kevin Love as a C (5 open votes between Lebron and Durant, and Love gets 16 and Melo another).

But there is something missing. Maybe some of the guys who missed being on any of the teams haven't had their 1st team votes listed. But there are 7 missing votes.
    Could've gone to people who didn't make any of the teams maybe?

Decent college freshman

once again no love for josh smith, who should have been second team all-nba and top 4 in mvp voting

team 1
    C Dwight Howard
    F LeBron James
    F Kevin Durant
    G Chris Paul
    G Russell Westbrook

team 2
    C Marc Gasol
    F Josh Smith
    F Blake Griffin
    G Kobe Bryant
    G Tony Parker

team 3
    C Al Jefferson
    F Pau Gasol
    F Serge Ibaka
    G Rajon Rondo
    G Dwyane Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Shep
    once again no love for josh smith, who should have been second team all-nba and top 4 in mvp voting

team 1
    C Dwight Howard
    F LeBron James
    F Kevin Durant
    G Chris Paul
    G Russell Westbrook

team 2
    C Marc Gasol
    F Josh Smith
    F Blake Griffin
    G Kobe Bryant
    G Tony Parker

team 3
    C Al Jefferson
    F Pau Gasol
    F Serge Ibaka
    G Rajon Rondo
    G Dwyane Wade
    Josh Smith was robbed again. Should have been second or third team All-NBA.

Stern really hates him.

Banned

List was on point for the most part. But Duncan should be up there somewhere, oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    i have a problem with blake being on the 2nd team. he did not deserve it over Dirk or KG
    When u think about it, Blake had a better season than Dirk did.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    Could've gone to people who didn't make any of the teams maybe?

Like I said, in the vote totals I've seen, none of the players who missed had a 1st Team vote noted.