Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: LeBron has shot 43 - 59, 73% for his last four games

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    The others are not as good all around
    Hakeem, Duncan and Barkley are ... absolutely. You sound stupid as hell. Per usual. Hakeem, Duncan and Barkley have for sure arguments over Wade. Kobe, you can debate.

You can argue peaks in regards to Kobe and Wade. Kobe's 2003, 2006, and 2008 are ridiculous, Wade's 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2011 are equally nice. But Kobe's got him on longevity, and overall polish of resume. 2 Finals MVPs and an MVP v.s. a Finals MVP, and 2 rings, etc.

They both are the two sides that made up Michael Jordan. So, it all depends on preference of game style. Wade is the efficiency, driving, attacking game and help defense of Jordan, and Kobe is the volume scoring, skill set, jumper, foot work, and man defense of Jordan.

Both have been equally productive, Kobe slightly more. Both had down years that affected their numbers due to injury Kobe (2004, 2005) and Wade (2007, 2008) ... neither Wade or Kobe has a true definitive case over the other IMO. But if a gun is at my head, I have to rely on resume and Kobe's got it.

Gotdaammnnnnn!!!!!!

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

lebron went from a clown to black jesus

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    For a wing player who is taking as many 3s as lebron,no it never happened.At least basketball reference doesnt show it for the last 4 games he is above 70%.
    Thats unheard of for a wing player.He has been shooting 3ball at unbelievable rate too.
    Damn i thought i was pretty good with bballreference's databases...how do u search for multiple game spans like that?

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    lebron went from a clown to black jesus
    Lebron's turnaround has really been amazing.

It's due to a few things:

1. He hasn't said much in the media for a while...his last controversial statement was the one after losing in the 2011 Finals pretty much. And for someone with a mic on him every second, that's a pretty big accomplishment.

2. Miami won last year in the playoffs for two rounds without Bosh, and in the Finals and the Boston series, it was clearly Lebron's team over Wade's.

3. He's playing better than ever and improving in many areas in his game....you can't knock a guy who is clearly working in the gym on his jumper and post game.

Quote Originally Posted by O_City_Thunder
    Yes.....he's the best player in the league. Is there anything else I forgot to mention?
    Candidate for MIP?

Samurai Swoosh

He protects that FG percentage. Don't play Heat fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    He protects that FG percentage. Don't play Heat fans.
    Sure.

Tonight:

Samurai Swoosh

Because a shot chart accounts for passed up shots.

I'm not demeaning his performance tonight, I'm just acknowledging something LeBron and Wade have shed light on from their own mouths.

They have a FG percentage competition between each other, and they at times protect it or regret taking shots. Regardless of what you Gloria James wannabes say he's still clearly passing on opportunities for a more impressive FG%.

It's something that needs to be accounted for when looking at the numbers.

Lelegend

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

I'm not demeaning his performance tonight, I'm just acknowledging something LeBron and Wade have shed light on from their own mouths.

They have a FG percentage competition between each other, and they at times protect it or regret taking shots. Regardless of what you Gloria James wannabes say he's still clearly passing on opportunities for a more impressive FG%.

Hater just hater

Dude is averaging over 30ppg on .73 fg% for the last 4 games.What do you want him to do.Takes low percentage shots!!!!!

Your case would be valid if Lebron was putting up 12 points per game.

But he's putting up 25 or so.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Hater just hater

Dude is averaging over 30ppg on .73 fg% for the last 4 games.What do you want him to do.Takes low percentage shots!!!!!
    Hater?

I've called him the best player in the league since 2009. Apart from 2011.

I've said he deserves the MVP this year, and is BY FAR the best player in the league.

I hated on him for his soft, feminine, anti-competitive antics of 2010 and 2011, and then claimed he had finally became a man and self accountable with his 2012 run and that his ring was absolutely earned.

I've said his game 6 performance v.s. the Celtics is by far one of the best performances I've ever seen from a player on the big stage.

I've said he's from a pure raw perspective, a top five talent to ever touch a basketball.

I've praised him for saving our nation's ass in 3 games during the Olympics (Brazil, Lithuania, and gold medal game v.s. Spain)

I've said he's one of the 3 oddest, freak genetic athletes of all-time.

I've said, CLEARLY, he's the 2nd best player I've ever seen (better than Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Barkley, Kobe, and Wade)

How on earth am I hating on LeBron?

It's called reality check. The FG% is impressive. As is the efficiency, but the agenda is also quite clear. It doesn't dilute the performance, but it absolutely needs to be kept in mind.

Banned

When was he protecting his shots my god you are just hating now. When did he pass up for a high % shot did you watch the game? Look at the crazy shot he took to break his streak of shooting (not counting the retarded jump ball)

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

It's called reality check. The FG% is impressive. As is the efficiency, but the agenda is also quite clear. It doesn't dilute the performance, but it absolutely needs to be kept in mind.
    If it doesn't strengthen or "dilute" the performance, then why is it important enough to keep in mind? I'm not trying to argue, but you obviously have a unique train of thought that I'm just not following.