Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Nowitzki::::My main goal is now The NBA championship

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23

Even though a talented individual, he is somewhat of a soft player. I dont think he is a leader and I dont think he can lead a team to a championship. I think Josh Howard is more reliable overall (even though he has no played well since the Kidd trade). And that was the reason for the Kidd trade, to bring in veteran leadership to run the team even though it didnt work out so well.
    Are you kidding? Josh Howard more reliable? Dirk is pretty consistent, and Howard at times dissappears on the court. The problem is that his wing man in Howard is not enough to put them over the edge.

And please define soft. Bc he is more of an outside player? he has improved upon his inside game. I would not say he is soft at all. He is very tough and you can see that in his durability. He isnt afraid of contact like he was easlier in his career. He has one of the best work ethic in the league.

Miami Heat:
    Marion and Haslem for Dirk Nowitzki?

I dont know if that is an upgrade or not though. Might struggle defensively without Marion.
    Last edited by 305Baller; 08-22-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Miami Heat:
    Marion and Haslem for Dirk Nowitzki?

I dont know if that is an upgrade or not though. Might struggle defensively without Marion.
    If you are the Heat, you do that trade in a second

so what was his goal before playing in the NBA?

getting hit harder by the ugly stick?

or develop a gay relationship with nash?

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    If you are the Heat, you do that trade in a second
    It'd take more than Haslem and Marion for Cuban to let go of his prized possession.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    It'd take more than Haslem and Marion for Cuban to let go of his prized possession.
    Oh yea I know that, I was speaking in terms of the Heat. If they were ever offered that, in a heartbeat they take it. But Cuban would never allow that to happen

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Dirk has another "star" not a superstar but he has Josh Howard who averaged 20/7 last year. You missed the point. I said that as the MAIN star he wouldn't win a championship, and he hasn't. I'm saying he'd win as a complementary offensive option.

edit: and Dirk, Redd and Davis would not win a championship either.
    Are you talking about the Josh Howard that shot 25% for the playoffs and only averaged 12 points a game?

There isn't a player in the NBA that would win with him as his second option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerpro
    Are you talking about the Josh Howard that shot 25% for the playoffs and only averaged 12 points a game?

There isn't a player in the NBA that would win with him as his second option.
    So are you trying to say that Dirk made the Finals 100% by his own skills? How convenient of you to only mention last year, Josh Howard's worst playoff appearance since his rookie season. The previous season vs. the warriors he averaged 21 and 10 on .515 shooting while Dirk averaged 19.7 and 11 on .383 and .211 from 3.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

So are you trying to say that Dirk made the Finals 100% by his own skills? How convenient of you to only mention last year, Josh Howard's worst playoff appearance since his rookie season. The previous season vs. the warriors he averaged 21 and 10 on .515 shooting while Dirk averaged 19.7 and 11 on .383 and .211 from 3.
    Josh Howard doesn't score in the second half of games period.

The reason the Mavs went to the Finals in 2006 is because Jason Terry and Dirk played out of their minds. People don't realize how good Jason Terry was during that run. Josh Howard was the third option. IMO the reason the Mavs lost the Finals outside of the officiating was JET going cold.

Josh Howard doesn't score in the second half of games.(I repeated myself for emphasis.)

Josh Howard is a third option talent level player that has nice stats because he gets to shoot a lot and has played on a team with a lot of talent. Everytime he sees anything resembling a double team its a wrap.

You couple this with his antics off court and dude needs to be gone period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerpro
    Josh Howard doesn't score in the second half of games period.

The reason the Mavs went to the Finals in 2006 is because Jason Terry and Dirk played out of their minds. People don't realize how good Jason Terry was during that run. Josh Howard was the third option. IMO the reason the Mavs lost the Finals outside of the officiating was JET going cold.

Josh Howard doesn't score in the second half of games.(I repeated myself for emphasis.)

Josh Howard is a third option talent level player that has nice stats because he gets to shoot a lot and has played on a team with a lot of talent. Everytime he sees anything resembling a double team its a wrap.

You couple this with his antics off court and dude needs to be gone period.
    Neither Terry nor Howard are legit second options offensively. Terry doesn't create his own scoring opportunities but rather takes spot up 3's and does a good job at running the floor and getting layups. So, I agree that Howard is not the guy who is needed to take the Mavs to a championship level, but I disagree in you devaluing the impact Howard has had on this team. His defense, rebounding, shot making, and consistency (for the most part) has been a big part of the continued success of this team, even though they don't have a championship.

Neither Terry nor Howard are legit second options offensively. Terry doesn't create his own scoring opportunities but rather takes spot up 3's and does a good job at running the floor and getting layups. So, I agree that Howard is not the guy who is needed to take the Mavs to a championship level, but I disagree in you devaluing the impact Howard has had on this team. His defense, rebounding, shot making, and consistency (for the most part) has been a big part of the continued success of this team, even though they don't have a championship.
    I dont think Howard is a bad player, but I dont think he is enough for them to ever go back to the finals. He tends to disappear from time to time most notocably in the playoffs. He would be a great 3rd option bc he does a little of everything. But Dirk def. needs an ugrade on that 2nd option

Not airballing my layups anymore

I think Dirk is fine as a number one option and that its the Mavericks front office that needs major upgrades. Signing Dampier AND Diop to long term ridiculous contracts. Trading Devin Harris, a young and upcoming point guard and TWO first round draft picks for an over the hill Jason Kidd. Letting Steve Nash walk and releasing Michael Finley (he still had a little left in the tank).

What happened to the Mavericks of old when they were constantly wheeling and dealing?

Are you kidding? Josh Howard more reliable? Dirk is pretty consistent, and Howard at times dissappears on the court. The problem is that his wing man in Howard is not enough to put them over the edge.

And please define soft. Bc he is more of an outside player? he has improved upon his inside game. I would not say he is soft at all. He is very tough and you can see that in his durability. He isnt afraid of contact like he was easlier in his career. He has one of the best work ethic in the league.
    Look Dirk and Howard together arent enough to put them over the edge. thats why they traded their future pg away for Kidd. Josh Howard is up and coming and has the potential to have the edge over Dirk. But doesnt mean I think Josh could lead them to a championship. Look Dirk is a shooter and he does it well but if you shut that down he doesnt have anything else. its not more on Josh that I think he more reliable, its more of a lack of trust on Nowitzki's side.

He is soft . yes he has gotten better physically over the years, he is still a 7 footer that gets slapped around by David West. hey its not like im underrating the guy, hes one of the top forwards in the game but he is soft and you cannot put the trust on his back to lead a team. Mark Cuban knows that even though he wont admit it, and i think you understand what im trying to say admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    Look Dirk and Howard together arent enough to put them over the edge. thats why they traded their future pg away for Kidd. Josh Howard is up and coming and has the potential to have the edge over Dirk. But doesnt mean I think Josh could lead them to a championship. Look Dirk is a shooter and he does it well but if you shut that down he doesnt have anything else. its not more on Josh that I think he more reliable, its more of a lack of trust on Nowitzki's side.
    Thats your opinion and I respect that. I agree they wanted to sign Kidd to put them over the edge and allow them to contend. But Josh Howard is not up and coming and his potential is what he is right now. Usually 28 year olds dont improve much. But i just cant agree with you that Howard has the edge over Dirk. I think Howard is a nice player, pretty versatile. But he is a role player in my eyes. And I just dont think he is as consistent and reliable as you say. During their playoff run when they lost to the Heat, Howard was not consistent the entire playoffs. It was Dirk who got them there. Dirk is tough to defend and only few players can really contain him. he can shoot over anyone. And his passing is underrated as well.

He is soft . yes he has gotten better physically over the years, he is still a 7 footer that gets slapped around by David West. hey its not like im underrating the guy, hes one of the top forwards in the game but he is soft and you cannot put the trust on his back to lead a team. Mark Cuban knows that even though he wont admit it, and i think you understand what im trying to say admit it or not.
    I guess my definition of soft is different than yours. I am saying he is not soft in the sense he is tough, works hard, works to improve his game, and is durable. He rarely takes games off and came back from injuries last season. All while playing for Germany in the summer. He is not afraid of contact either. I never said he was capable of being the man for a title team, if you read earlier posts, I said I agreed w/ someone saying he could win a title playing a KG role with the Celtics where he still very valuable, but not the most valuable on the team. I was just objecting against you that Howard is more reliable. You made some valid points, I just dont see eye to eye on some of them.

Thats your opinion and I respect that. I agree they wanted to sign Kidd to put them over the edge and allow them to contend. But Josh Howard is not up and coming and his potential is what he is right now. Usually 28 year olds dont improve much. But i just cant agree with you that Howard has the edge over Dirk. I think Howard is a nice player, pretty versatile. But he is a role player in my eyes. And I just dont think he is as consistent and reliable as you say. During their playoff run when they lost to the Heat, Howard was not consistent the entire playoffs. It was Dirk who got them there. Dirk is tough to defend and only few players can really contain him. he can shoot over anyone. And his passing is underrated as well.

I guess my definition of soft is different than yours. I am saying he is not soft in the sense he is tough, works hard, works to improve his game, and is durable. He rarely takes games off and came back from injuries last season. All while playing for Germany in the summer. He is not afraid of contact either. I never said he was capable of being the man for a title team, if you read earlier posts, I said I agreed w/ someone saying he could win a title playing a KG role with the Celtics where he still very valuable, but not the most valuable on the team. I was just objecting against you that Howard is more reliable. You made some valid points, I just dont see eye to eye on some of them.
    ok yeah i can agree with that. i see what your saying...