Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Bucks fan

What length quarters would people want to use? The way I see it, the longer they are, the more the bench comes into play, which is a good thing. If we go with 12 minute quarters, you'll need to rest your starters, and your ability to draft comes more into play. On the other hand, the shorter the quarters are, the more likely it is that people will play (and finish) their games.

What is the happy medium? Konex, what quarter lengths have you used in your previous leagues?

If we go with 8 minute quarters, that's a 32 minute game... will probably take 35 minutes on average to play I think. Is that long enough for the starters to get tired, and force you to sub in your bench?

I rule the local playground Inspector Rick's Avatar

I'm not supporting Live anymore, but I dont wanna drop 5 bills on an XBOX 360 either. Blarg!

Ratings based purely on last years stats with no reality check at all kill this game for me. Everyone and their grandmother seem to have 99 on close shots, meanwhile one of the greatest alltime 3-point shooters in Ray Allen is rated well below 90 and equal to guys like Brian Cook

And since when is Wade a better passer than Lebron ?
    Last edited by BigTicket; 09-11-2006 at 06:34 PM.

What is the happy medium? Konex, what quarter lengths have you used in your previous leagues?
    First of all, understand that a 6-minute qtrs. game took about 40 mins last year...

It'll probably be faster this year with real-time substitutions (no need to pause to sub) but I think we need to stick with the shortest thing that gives us NBA-type scores (80-90 ppg for one team) a majority of the time..

I would guess 6 or 7 mins but we'll have to play to find out. Also, I recommened Legend difficulty..

PS: The fatigue issue is based off the qtr lengths so if it's shorter quarters, players fatigue fater...
    Last edited by konex; 09-11-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Learning to shoot layups Markarian's Avatar

Iguodala is at only 77 when Korver is 73 and Anthony Parker is 76?
    Turkoglu is at 78, Posey is at 79. Childress is the second best player is Atlanta.
    Melo is only 87(WTF?)
    This rating do suck. A lot.
    But you know it's a game. You can change them as you feel is right

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    mike james is an 84(higher than both francis and marbury) and the twolves look like monsters with a lineup on 3 80s and a 96.
    radmanovic got the same rating as frye?

thats why i got live last year, the ratings sucked.
    i put 2k in the corner and ended up skating with nba live
    They update the rosters like 6 times per year for offline and all the time for online.

Bucks fan

As long as we'll be forced to use the bench players, I'm ok with 6-7 minute quarters. I didn't realize games took that long.

Cuba

NBA 2k7 demo will be released tomorrow.

Bucks fan

Tonight at midnight actually ;)

I'm going to make a more organized signup thread for the league in a minute. It's time to get this thing prepared!

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Tonight at midnight actually ;)

Well, midnight for the westcoast, I'll be awake for it though.

Bucks fan

That's just a few hours before I wake up in the morning, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

sweet, i'll have to hook my 360 up to my powermac for internet sharing tonight to download it tomorrow morning (thank god I'm getting the internet sorted out next week, moving it just for this is going to be a pain)

sweet.

Bucks fan

A couple of you guys requested certain teams in the league, but didn't provide your xbox account name. Please make your request again in the official signup thread with your account name. Thanks!

Cuba