Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    So you'd rather have Tryone Hill's name correctly spoken by the announcer than have unique animations for every other player in the game?
    You are missing the key point but yes.

The in-depth edits allow me to create the closest simulation of on-court NBA basketball I've played since NBA Inside Drive. Plus the rosters are always up to date.

While the animations are nice after a few games you start to not care about them anymore. I'm sure the thousands of animations put in the XBox version will satisfy me just fine.

Not airballing my layups anymore

This might be the best basketball simulation EVER. If I didnt have a 360 already I'd probably buy one just for this game. Its that serious.

Bucks fan

I can tell that both of us are interested in having the players play just like they play in real life; I just don't understand how the 360 will fail to provide that. I can edit every player's abilities and tendancies on the 360 - in the demo, all the players already play like themselves. Shaq pounds the ball inside, Dirk hovers at the top of the key, Wade does everything except shooting 3's... Plus they move like they're supposed to. You have to time your shots differently with each player, because their shot animations are different.

The xbox has inferior graphics and animations, fewer gameplay modes, less post moves, and all I've heard to offset that is that there is a hack available that allows it to say the name "Hill" for Tyrone Hill, and allow you to edit dunk distance.

What if somebody releases the "Hill" hack for the 360? Will you upgrade?

At least the xbox version is cheaper; that's got to be nice.

What if somebody releases the "Hill" hack for the 360? Will you upgrade?
    The "hack" is just using an action replay with the edited files. It'd be on 360 but there's no point since those games are still being supported with roster updates

The only game worth going to all that trouble for is NFL 2K5. And Madden 07 is pretty decent anyways...
    Last edited by konex; 09-23-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Bucks fan

When I posterize Konex repeatedly with Ersan Ilyasova, it'll be nice to be able to send the replay to everybody else I know.

I'm sure the "star" players play like themselves. Individually.

I'm more concern with the 10 men on court as a whole playing "the right way". What good is Shaq's ability to pound the ball if the AI teammates don't move out his way? What good is Tim Duncan's post game if Tony Parker keeps shooting?

I want the most accurate depiction of NBA basketball I can get. Up to this point I've needed a roster edit program to get it.

Bucks fan

Have you played the demo? If not, ask anybody who's played it. It's the real deal. I've owned a lot of basketball games in my life, and this is simply the ****.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Mamba, go play with barbies or something.
    Look at my man who thinks he is on his way to being a billionaire, catching feelings over a glaring flaw in the game. hahaha

They get authentic player accessories in the current gen, but can't do it on a 360? Something isn't right. It's little things like that, that set a game off, and make it even more realistic. Let's not go into how they got the body structure of NBA players on 2k7 all wrong, and how certain players don't even look like themselves (Is Gilbert Arenas, Elton Brand's long lost twin brother?)... Don't tout it as the GOAT Bball video game, when it still needs to step its game up in certain areas. For as good as the superstar specific mo-cap is. 2k has always had some awkward looking movements. They release the ball too early, and their shoulders and upperbody are always slouched down like monkeys. It looks really weird, and un-natural. Their hands at times, even in this clips are hovering with the ball, instead of actually touching it. We'll see how it is in person, and it does look good enough to get a 360 for, but it still needs work in places.

If you don't want to hear that, go trade your pretend stocks, and stack up the monopoly money you wish was real.

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMCZ
    Have you played the demo? If not, ask anybody who's played it. It's the real deal. I've owned a lot of basketball games in my life, and this is simply the ****.
    You can not judge the overall authenticity of a sports game on its demo.

You only experiencing the game in a controlled setting. Once you get the full version the story is always different.

edited since it was not clear
    Last edited by Da KO King; 09-23-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Who are you addressing?

BTW, here is a video comparison of Kobe's 3 point shot, to that of real life. Pretty sick, if you ask me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noXyhz-n0l8

Anyone know if Wade dribbles, slashes, and draws fouls in 2k. If it does that, wow, ultra-realistic. lol

Bosh, Ray and KG added..

Ray's jumper doesn't look even close to how it does in real life. VC's is almost there. They still slouch and release the ball at awkward ass times. Screws up the good animations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    Ray's jumper doesn't look even close to how it does in real life. VC's is almost there. They still slouch and release the ball at awkward ass times. Screws up the good animations.
    Let me venture a guess and say you plan on buying NBA Live?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Let me venture a guess and say you plan on buying NBA Live?!?
    Did you see my first post in this thread? I plan on buying a 360 just for this game. But I'm also real, and pointing out the awkward looking movements. Just cause I see negatives doesn't mean I don't like it.