Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO: TrueBlood

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: HBO: TrueBlood

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I watched the first two shows...I like the concept....I'm not crazy about the setting in the Deep South setting, but I guess that plays up the fear factor of the vampires......it might easier and cheaper to film in that type of location, a small town setting, as opposed to an L.A. or N.Y.....
    The concept is dependent on the location, though. No offense to those living in the rural south, but prejudice, racism, and bigotry is more prevalent down there. The whole tie in with the Civil Rights movement is a key theme. It wouldn't have worked in LA or NYC as powerfully as it does down south.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Yep... I was thinking the same thing. I do think that Sam (the Bartender) is both a vampire and the dog...

He owns a bar and only seems to work at night. When they were in his office discussing her telepathic ability, he said that if she tried to read his mind, 'she might be surprised at what she finds.'

Another thing... in the first episode, Bill orders some synthetic blood at the bar and Sookie tells him that Sam had ordered some, but they didn't get any vampires, so it went bad and Sam got rid of it. I'm thinking that order was for him.

Definitely some intriguing subplots. That bald vampire with the tattoos is one freaky mofo.
    Also, in the 2nd episode, when she returns to her car after Bill saves her, she says, "Bill is still up" or something like that. And it showed that the light was on in his trailer.

Krust Kingz

She read the bartender and her best friend mind after she saved the vampire i believe... Something like this "He was saying how she had soft skin and how he cared about her..." Her best friend was saying "they only trying to take care of her then she was saying how her brothers eyes and her eyes were the same...."

I dont think she can read any vampires minds because she would have never put herself in the position she's in going to dudes house...

My wife loves the show... I watched it but I am still waiting to make a judgment. This is the type of show that starts good and get really ridiculous as it progresses....

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I actually like True Blood so far. It's a very nice concept show. Sookie actually read The Bartender's mind in the firsr epsiode. I do think he's a vampire but not the pure vampire. He was a human til he got bite by some random vampire, could be a female vampire that had sex with him. Sookie always can read human thought.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

I was a big Six Feet Under Fan and I enjoyed American Beauty, so when i heard Alan Ball was doing a vampire show for HBO i was thrilled. My buddy worked on the pilot and he had good things to say.

The dialouge is unbelievably corny/bad- it's like watching Our Town with vampires. Despite this, I still have enjoyed the first two episodes and will give it a watch this season (helps that it follows entourage, another bad dialouge guilty pleasure)

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    She read the bartender and her best friend mind after she saved the vampire i believe... Something like this "He was saying how she had soft skin and how he cared about her..." Her best friend was saying "they only trying to take care of her then she was saying how her brothers eyes and her eyes were the same...."

I dont think she can read any vampires minds because she would have never put herself in the position she's in going to dudes house...
    You might be right, but if this was true, why would she have put herself into the position to get jumped by that white trash couple outside of the bar? I don't think she can read minds, long-range. She needs to be close to a person... maybe looking into their eyes or something.

Maybe the bartender isn't a vampire, but there is definitely SOMETHING going on with him and the dog. That painting in his office of the same exact dog standing over the little girl isn't there for no reason... and the dog is always showing up at crucial times.

My wife loves the show... I watched it but I am still waiting to make a judgment. This is the type of show that starts good and get really ridiculous as it progresses....
    It's been well done so far, I really don't think they are going to get out-of-control with the plots. Plus, this is the same team that did Six Feet Under (which was an excellent series). I highly doubt they are going to go too crazy.

Also, they are already shooting the second season. If HBO is that certain that this show is going to succeed, I'm thinking it will be solid. They have a pretty good track record.

Remember John from Cincinnati? I actually enjoyed the show (although a lot of it didn't make sense), but it got too ridiculous. They never picked it up for a second season.

Let's face it... HBO is the bomb. The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Generation Kill, etc.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 09-19-2008 at 05:49 PM.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I watched it but I am still waiting to make a judgment. This is the type of show that starts good [COLOR="Red"]and get really ridiculous as it progresses.... [/COLOR]
    hope you are wrong...

I am sure there will be some dumb episodes in the future (as with every show, even Sopranoes) but overall I hope that it holds my interest as much as it has so far.

-primetime-

Let's face it... HBO is the bomb. The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Generation Kill, etc.
    Curb, Bill Maher, Hard Knocks, Real Sports

sorry...had to add those

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

So no one's read the books?

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    So no one's read the books?
    I have not...

so if you are going to talk about them then please type:

[COLOR="Red"]*BOOK SPOILER*[/COLOR]

or something like that....I don't want to know anything about what might happen.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    Curb, Bill Maher, Hard Knocks, Real Sports

sorry...had to add those
    And don't forget Entourage too. HBO ****ty on Showtime. Only show like on Showtime is Dexter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    And don't forget Entourage too. HBO ****ty on Showtime. Only show like on Showtime is Dexter.
    Californication is only good show on Showtime.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

You might be right, but if this was true, why would she have put herself into the position to get jumped by that white trash couple outside of the bar? I don't think she can read minds, long-range. She needs to be close to a person... maybe looking into their eyes or something.

Maybe the bartender isn't a vampire, but there is definitely SOMETHING going on with him and the dog. That painting in his office of the same exact dog standing over the little girl isn't there for no reason... and the dog is always showing up at crucial times.

It's been well done so far, I really don't think they are going to get out-of-control with the plots. Plus, this is the same team that did Six Feet Under (which was an excellent series). I highly doubt they are going to go too crazy.

Also, they are already shooting the second season. If HBO is that certain that this show is going to succeed, I'm thinking it will be solid. They have a pretty good track record.

Remember John from Cincinnati? I actually enjoyed the show (although a lot of it didn't make sense), but it got too ridiculous. They never picked it up for a second season.
    I actually agree with you that Bartender might not be vampire because Sookie read his thought. And, The bartender got pissed @ Sookie for go near a vampire that she likes. Vampire can't turn into dog but wolf. His dog might know that bartender likes Sookie and he might told his dog go after Sookie instead himself, etc. I don't know.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    I have actually given up on Entourage...

during bad economic times like this it kind of upsets me to see show after show about these kids bit[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]hing over millions $$$ and how much amazing women they pull....they are living like kings, while most of us are starting to feel the struggle of the stock market draining our savings and actually careing about gas prices.

Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold is the ONLY thing that makes that show worth a damn IMO...he is awesome...the rest of it is just watching a bunch of dudes that aren't very good actors IMO run around partying thier asses off.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Californication is only good show on Showtime.
    I almost forgot that one. I like that show too but still I like Dexter more.