Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Heroes Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

That was some poor acting in the Peter & Peter convos.

College star

Talking Re: Heroes Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
    That was some poor acting in the Peter & Peter convos.
    I completely agree. I was thinking the same thing.

I didn't think that episode was slow at all. It was quite fast-paced, which has been a serious positive through these initial episodes. Again, Peter should've just destroyed the gun in Claire's hand with his mind.

With the exception of whoever plays Psyler, the actors playing Peter, Claire, etc. are terrible handling the switch to "bad." I thought this weeks episode was a little better.

College star

Talking Re: Heroes Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

Ok maybe slow wasnt the right word but w.e. I also think its dumb having 3 timelines going on at the same time.

Serious playground baller nicknamefrank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    Ok maybe slow wasnt the right word but w.e. I also think its dumb having 3 timelines going on at the same time.
    completely agree, 2 timelines occasionally is more than enough. 3 just makes it confusing, considering travelling in time is already confusing.

I don't get:
    Why Peter has to get Sylar's ability by fixing a clock, isn't Peter's powers taking other's people's abilities when he's near them? Wouldn't that mean that Peter already has Sylar's power?

Why the hell does Peter have to open Nathan's head when he already has the flight ability. I get why the **** about hunger for more, but....

Banned

That was confusing, you never knew what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    With the exception of whoever plays Psyler, the actors playing Peter, Claire, etc. are terrible handling the switch to "bad." I thought this weeks episode was a little better.
    Yeah, I'm glad you put that in quotations because their "bad" personas aren't really that different from how they are normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    I don't get:
    Why Peter has to get Sylar's ability by fixing a clock, isn't Peter's powers taking other's people's abilities when he's near them? Wouldn't that mean that Peter already has Sylar's power?

Why the hell does Peter have to open Nathan's head when he already has the flight ability. I get why the **** about hunger for more, but....
    Yeah, I was like with the opening the head thing. And why didn't Peter just break Claire's gun when she was threatening the boy.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    I don't get:

You're missing the point.... Peter does absorb abilities when he's near others, but if he doesn't know about them or understand how they work, he can't use them. That was the whole point of the thing with the clock. Once Syler got him to use the power to figure out how to fix the clock, it 'unlocked' his ability. Sylar understood that more than anyone because of his gift, because he understands how things work.

I thought the episode was ok, but I had forgotten from last season how long it actually takes for them to resolve anything. Things just keep moving forward, but you're never quite sure what's going on.

Apparently the Fear guy survived the whole Sylar thing in the bank if he was around, but was suddenly stricken with bad dialog. Apparently his new job as a 'good guy' is to just ask people why they're afraid over and over again.

I kind've wish they hadn't bothered to bring the future into this season if they weren't going to bother to explain things. What did Claire mean by "this is my house" or whatever she said? Was that her and Sylar's child? She would really kill her own child?

We still haven't been given a reasonable explanation as to why future Peter doesn't seem to heal right... the whole death thing I could understand, because he can still die unless they remove the bullet, or whatever killed him, he'll still stay "dead". But the scar makes for a totally different question. I refuse to believe for a minute that the writers overlooked that.

So... is Peter now trapped with Sylar? I find it unreasonable to assume that Peter can use his powers in that cell, but Sylar can't. Was giving Peter Sylar's "hunger" the first step to making him a villain?

And I'm so tired of the whole "save the world by making it f*cked up" approach. First it was destroying New York, then it was a virus, now it's apparently giving everyone super powers.

WTF?

I don't know if I should just expect to see episodes of them going about their daily lives trying to figure things out, or them actually focused on saving the world. Either way they seem to screw things up.

Things were better when it was all about confronting Sylar.

But it's still a good show.

So far every super villian except Sylar has been a disappointment. Nightmare man turned out to be a hobo-looking old loser. The lvl 5 escapees all had lame powers and got shut down right away. What's the point?

Even Adam doesn't have any great powers, he's just like Claire.

Mathius