Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_Baller_34
    I have to disagree with you. I still believe that the Pacers are the number one team. JO played a lot of Center for the Pacers last year. The way that they played him at the Center position was not the traditional way that you play the Center position. He didn't have to do as much grinding, and it was a little more free flowing. It's going to be even more that way with this new uptempo game that the Pacers will be playing. Al is not a first team all NBA defender, but at the same time he's not horrible either. He really is a decent defender that can hold his own. His size and strength, and relative quickness for his size is what makes him a good defender. Not to mention his offensive skills. He scored 31 points on Ron Artest which was the most any player scored on him last year. I agree that SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 Back Court, but they don't have to be with our team. We have enough talent, that all they need are modest numbers. Marquis Daniels will definitely blend in well with us. The only reason why he didn't have much success last year was because of Avery Johnson. Avery Johnson had a different offensive scheme than that of Don Nelson. The Pacers will be playing "NellieBall" this year, and it will fit Marquis Daniels pefectly. Not to mention he still is a pretty good defender. With the Pacers size and athleticism, I think that they have put together the best team. I think that the locker room atmosphere will be much better as well. The Pacers will win the championship!
    HAHA!!:stupid:

Saw a basketball once

Pacers as anumber one team!!! R u out of your mind? No one's scared of them anymore. R you following the same League as all of us here? hahaha

Saw a basketball once

1. Dallas- Dirks on his prime and young players like Devin Harris and Josh Howard will improve from the previous playoff experience.

2. San Antonio- Tim will bounce back from after having some statistical career lows, Manu and Parker will be consistent. But NOT making it to the Finals last season will be the reason why it will benefit them and motivate the team tremendously.

3. Cleveland- LBJ will have an MVP season. Z and the Brazilian enforcer will be rock solid throughout the whole year, Wesley and Damon Jones will keep the defense honest. If this roster doesn't work, a coaching change might happen!

4. Miami- Flash put the whole franchise on his shoulder during the Finals. they struggled during the season and getting lucky with the Nets( Cliff Robinson getting suspended). Shaq's still great but to win the title back to back, Wade has to be more than amazing again.

5. Houston- the addition off Shane Battier and Casey Jacobson will give the roster toughness on defense and outside shooting. An injury free season from Yao and T-Mac will determine the teams fate.

6. Phoenix- Amare is a question mark. few players have regained their usual form after having his kind of surgery. Nash has to be great for the Suns to be considered as contenders.

7. L.A. Lakers- A bittertaste of the previous playoffs will inspire this team throughout the year. Kobe will have a fresh start sporting his new no.24, and everyone should be very familiar with the triangle this time around!

8. Chicago- A very good mix of Good young players and fiery Veterans makes the roster very appealing. With Nocioni and Big Ben. it gives the team a lot of toughness in the frontcourt. while the backcourt was never a problem with Gordon and Kirk leading the way.

9. Detroit- It hurts me to put the Pistons at number nine. I dont understand why the offense wasn't going through Rasheed, and Why Rip chooses to dribble and penetrate to the Hoop more instead of doing what he does best of moving through screens,doing catch and shoot around the perimeter during the playoffs. unless they go back to what they usually do, it's only a matter of time before Joe D. really starts making changes.

10. Charlotte Bobcats- Laugh all you want guys. But im betting for this team to make alot of noise this upcoming season. Adam Morrison i think is something. A lot of positives are happening within the Franchise and with MJ around, things should get alot better!!!

( o.k., Maybe im taking it too far by putting the bobcats at number 10, but im hoping they do make some noise this year. Maybe the Nets, Clippers or Memphis at number 10 will make more sense)

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

bobcats at 10? lol.

Saw a basketball once

Default Seriously

Alright everybody instead of messing around anymore ill be serious. Everyone knows all the top teams like the Heat, Spurs, Mavs, Suns.. But lets be serious no one is looking at the Hornets. They have a pretty good backcourt with Chris paul, Bobby jackson, Rasual Butler, Janerro Pargo, and Desmond mason. They also have a very deep frontcourt with Tyson chandler, Peja, Hilton armstrong, David west, Cedric Simmons, and Marc jackson. So instead of giving all the praise to these teams everyone knows about look at the not so popular teams like the New Orleans Hornets.

Bump

1. Heat
    2. Mavericks
    3. Nets
    4. Suns
    5. Pacers
    6. Cavs
    7. Bulls
    8. Spurs
    9. Kings
    10. Clippers

Time for the downfall of the pistons. They will miss Ben more than they thought, its up to Prince now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacists84
    Alright everybody instead of messing around anymore ill be serious. Everyone knows all the top teams like the Heat, Spurs, Mavs, Suns.. But lets be serious no one is looking at the Hornets. They have a pretty good backcourt with Chris paul, Bobby jackson, Rasual Butler, Janerro Pargo, and Desmond mason. They also have a very deep frontcourt with Tyson chandler, Peja, Hilton armstrong, David west, Cedric Simmons, and Marc jackson. So instead of giving all the praise to these teams everyone knows about look at the not so popular teams like the New Orleans Hornets.
    no.

The Hornets still dont have a bench. Jackson and Peja will miss at least 20 games each, and Chandler can't score. Chris Paul is my favorite player in the NBA, but I feel for him with some bad signing this offseason. David West can grow, and hopefully Armstong becomes a good player in a couple years. Since so many teams got better this season, they will have another struggle at the 8th seed.

Teams that look like are getting better though, are Charlotte and Orlando.

If gerald wallace can play SG, then the starting linup of Felton, Wallace, Morrison, Okafor, and Brezec looks real good. Plus, they have Brevin kight and loads of cap space.

Orlando has Howard, Millicic, Nelson, Redick, and Arroyo. Add in Vince Carter, and you have a contender.
    Last edited by Ellimist; 09-08-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riggz_01
    10. Charlotte Bobcats- Laugh all you want guys. But im betting for this team to make alot of noise this upcoming season. Adam Morrison i think is something. A lot of positives are happening within the Franchise and with MJ around, things should get alot better!!!
    I agree with what you say about the bobcats, but not becasue of MJ.

He took Kwame Brown 1st overall.

Actually, it didnt end up too bad becasue they traded him for Caron Butler.

Shaq for Lamar Odom and Kwame?

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

I predict that there will be about 4 surprise teams in the playoffs this year.

Saw a basketball once

1. miami champs
    2. dallas dirk and new guys brought in
    3. cleveland lebron and hughes will get dem far
    4. phoenix amare's back and nash and marion
    5. chicago big ben wallace and gordon wit hinrich
    6. detroit billups prince hamilton wallace mohammed murray mcdyess hunter
    7. la clippers brand cassell thomas etc
    8. new orleans paul and stojakovic
    9. houston healthy tmac and healthy yao wit battier
    10. spurs duncan parker ginobili self explanatory

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

Rockets at 10
    Last edited by Trade; 09-08-2006 at 03:28 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Trade's Avatar

Its CRAZY how people are underestimating the Rockets one bad season of injuries and thier forgotten!!! In 04 - 05 they won about 52 games and they went seven games with the Mavs and that was when Yoa was still learnig the game and TMac got traded and was still getting use to the team and the style of play not to mention he was also hurting.
    If TMac plays At least 70 games they are a top 5 team Yao is not injury prone i dont understand why everyone thinks that. If TMac is telling the truth about bieng healthy he can carry the team himself to playoffs including Yao and Battier they are a Top 5 Team!!!!!!!!!

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

miami, dallas, spurs, suns, cavs, detroit, chicago, clippers.

no, they arent.

Learning to shoot layups butch mcrae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellimist
    Chris Paul is my favorite player in the NBA, but I feel for him with some bad signing this offseason.