any news about 2k9/live 09 on the ps2?

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Default Re: NBA2k9 reviews here!

Quote Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
    any news about 2k9/live 09 on the ps2?
    yea thats what I wanna know

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    There is no lack of retarded things the announcers say in 2k9. This new guy has almost all the same lines as Kenny did in 2k8. He told me I should double team sasha vujucic after he made 2 threes in a row.

Live annoucers are pretty bad also. I dont know if Steve Kerr got replaced or not but he always annoyed me in 06.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTing

Live annoucers are pretty bad also. I dont know if Steve Kerr got replaced or not but he always annoyed me in 06.
    aww hell yea, steve kerr and marv albert sucked so much, I hated them so much, sometimes I just muted it so I didn't have to listen to their bs.

Soo, I read a few reviews, and let me get this straight:

-Presentation is still whack.
    Last year I heard people saying 2k8 was the gameplay year and with 2k9 they were going to focus on presentation. But it still sucks? Association is still basic, menus still don't work, CPU still makes dumb trades, online doesn't work..etc

2k camera doesn't work
    I read the 2k camera makes the framerate choppy. To the extent that it makes the game nearly unplayable.

CAP is more broken than last year
    I always create myself in basketball players. But I can't because 2k decided you can't create white players anymore?

Are these problems as big as I think they are? Those are major dealbreakers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Last year I heard people saying 2k8 was the gameplay year and with 2k9 they were going to focus on presentation. But it still sucks? Association is still basic, menus still don't work, CPU still makes dumb trades, online doesn't work..etc

2k camera doesn't work
    I read the 2k camera makes the framerate choppy. To the extent that it makes the game nearly unplayable.

I always create myself in basketball players. But I can't because 2k decided you can't create white players anymore?

Are these problems as big as I think they are? Those are major dealbreakers for me.

Yeah. It looks like I've been owned by 2ksports.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore i cant dunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emeka Okafor xD
    i;ve been an nba live fan for years, not im not sure if i should switch to 2k sports... I just want a basketball game that is hard to score *not holding down the control stick foward and dunking...* pretty much like how a real nba game would be. From the comments here i think nba 2k9 is the way to go! But im still not sure, I never played 2k sports in my life and i hope its not too abusive. oh btw is there fantasy draft in this game? I love that! :)
    i just switched from live to 2k this year and im loving it. to answer your question yes there is fantisy draft. i already constructed my team and i got butler as my star but he went down in the first game inthe third. i was making a hude comeback from 20 points. i was within 5 points i went on the fastbreak and got hammered hard it actually looked like it hurt. i ended up losing the game.

the servers online now are messed up though. so if your an online player then you might aswell just wait cuz its unplayable online at the moment but it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

2k camera doesn't work

What? lol You cant make white players?

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    What? lol You cant make white players?

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

I've been a big fan of 2k since 2k1 and this game sucks.

1. it's a layup drill
    2. I put it on all star and even then the other team doesn't miss a shot
    3. teams average 130pts
    4. association is trash
    5. online is a mess
    6. 2k cam might just give someone seizures (i played the game for 2 hours last night and my eyes turned red, has to do with the flashing menus too.)
    7. Full of obvious bugs that pop up the minute you start playing the game which means that they released it knowing that it's all ****ed up.

It's probably the last video game i ever buy, i only play sports games and that it for me. might as well sell my xbox

Banned

Unrealistic at times, but I like the game. Many of the moves seem like real-life ones. Although there are a few where the player just accelerates super-quickly and dunks or blows by someone which seems ridiculous. Adjusting the sliders helps with many problems, except for the few unrealistic moves.
    I don't think it is the best 2k could have done, and next year I will for sure rent around before I purchase a basketball game.

The game so far has been a lot of fun. I've played only two games. The commentating isn't really noticeable (maybe cuz my brother and I talk a ton of sh i t) the graphics and animations look good, and I like the gameplay a lot. The new defense seems good.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

I haven't got my copy yeat and I'm starting to wonder if I will. I liked the last year's version and the only thing I would like to buy this new is that I would get new rookies and new the Sonics would be Thunder. I know the gameplay is better but for those who have the new one a have a question or couple!

Does CPU make subs in 7 minute quaters? And can you create white players? And what about the eyebrow thing? I ask these because someone wrote in 2k forum that CPU doesn't make subs and you can't create white players. Or was the user total

Might sound stupid things to ask but important to me cause I was thinking that this would be the last NBA2k game and in the future create my own rookies. And I think there will be some white players . And it would be really stupid if CPU doesn't make subs during the 7 minute quaters what I use!! Please answer! (posted this to nba forum also)

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?

2. I put it on all star and even then the other team doesn't miss a shot
    This is exactly what pisses me off! I put on Pro and I play damn good, but then when you put on All Star even bad teams look better than they are in real life. I can not believe there are two harder difficulties (Super Star and Hall of Fame). Skill level got tougher in 2k9. If you don't play really good defense than you'll get burned fast in this game. 2k8 wasn't as tough even in higher difficulty. Some of the shots the computer makes are ridiculous!

I still like the game though. It's at least a hell of a challenge.