Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Cuba

Default Re: What's LeBron James real vertical?

LeBron is a 1 foot jumper, getting vertical off a two footed plant isnt his strong point. When he gets a running start and takes off one footed he gets up pretty high, that dunk he had on ESPN in H.S. he was definitely rim level.

Cuba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxx3O...eature=related

Here's the HS dunk, I'll see if I can find the ESPN shot of it, they had a close up of it, he's rim level on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    The No.2 dunk show really impress me so much!He is a real spring man on the earth.

joe alexander can head butt the rim its not hard most nba players 6'6 or more with a vertical can hit there heads on rim

dwight howard can kiss the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5_jGvyVvo

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i dont know if he pulled himself up

#23's vert used to be around 46".....but now it's closer to 38" because he has the added weight of Lebron23 and Pleezebelieve hanging from his sack,

#23 is a power dunker and quite frankly I'm not impressed at all. He's got no creativity or style on his dunks. I appreciate someone like Josh Smith way more as a "dunker" than #23.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection
    #23's vert used to be around 46".....but now it's closer to 38" because he has the added weight of Lebron23 and Pleezebelieve hanging from his sack,
    LOL

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection

#23 is a power dunker and quite frankly I'm not impressed at all. He's got no creativity or style on his dunks. I appreciate someone like Josh Smith way more as a "dunker" than #23.
    It's not figure skating. The point is throw it down with enough authority you don't get blocked. Gerald Green has all sort of pretty dunks...he'd be better served to work on his fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    It's not figure skating. The point is throw it down with enough authority you don't get blocked. Gerald Green has all sort of pretty dunks...he'd be better served to work on his fundamentals.
    It's his opinion about the art of dunking.

He's far from being the best breakaway dunker in the league, cos like some have said he doesn't have any creativity, but IMO he's the most exciting dunker in the league.. I'd rather watch LeBron drive to the basket and throw a disguting dunk over the entire D than watch Josh Smith do a nice windmill with his eyes near the rim on a breakaway dunk.

And I don't know what his vert is, but it's gotta be pretty high. Several times a guy threw him an alley-oop pass and I was like "****, that's a TO, no way he's gonna get that", but he did. Ok he doesn't do windmills or 360s or stuff like that but damn

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    He's far from being the best breakaway dunker in the league, cos like some have said he doesn't have any creativity, but IMO he's the most exciting dunker in the league.. I'd rather watch LeBron drive to the basket and throw a disguting dunk over the entire D than watch Josh Smith do a nice windmill with his eyes near the rim on a breakaway dunk.
    I completely agree. He's one of the few players in the league who will viciously posterize someone deep in the clutch to cap off a 40+ point performance.

When the going gets tough down the stretch, and the game gets physical, most players seem to go for jumpshots or layups. Lebron is one of the very few star players who will go and dunk on the whole team during those moments. He'll steamroll into the lane, pretty much kill some defenders and then bend the rim with the jam. Well, they'd probably get bent if the NBA didn't use breakaway rims. We've seen it happen against the Pistons multiple times and against the Celtics. He did it in the Allstar game too. It's just crazy to watch, and the best thing is, he's fully utilising his athleticism by getting those high percentage buckets in the clutch.

Note that I'm not necessarily saying a balanced, rhythm jumpshot isn't good in the clutch - just pointing out a fact about Lebron.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

lebron bends bars and jump across buildings

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    lmao 44in get that shyt outta hear the most ever recorded was nate robinson 43.5in vertical then VC and MJ(skinny rookie) both recorded a 43in
    Iverson recorded a 45 inch (running) vertical as a rookie.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    in the NFL your speed goes down cause of all the muscle you build if you look at alot of NFL RB in HS they all ran 4.2-4.4 40's now if they get 4.5-4.6 your concerned fast
    Men may lose speed as they exit prime but it takes a while, and they certainly aren't peaking in HS, the decrease you observe has more to do with inaccurate HS measurements as anything else.

I rule the local playground

Last edited by whatever666; 09-27-2010 at 08:30 PM.