Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

Default Re: D.Rose A f..............ing bust

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    What's top 5 PG going to mean in the coming years after Nash and Kidd are retired. You have CP3 and Deron at the top, and then who is Rose beating out? Devin Harris? Baron Davis?

Derrick Rose could be very good but it was just a dumb choice for Chicago unless they are going to go after a PF or Center in the coming drafts. I think they will be in the lottery next year.

after billups, kidd, and nash are gone/have declined other pgs will step up. players i see with a SHOT of being top 5 pgs are:
    chris paul
    deron williams
    derek rose
    tony parker
    rajon rando
    russell westbrook
    ricky rubio
    brandon jennings
    jrue holiday
    john wall
    patrick mills

a lot of these guys aren't in the league yet so of course i don't know yet, but to call rose a bust already is absurd. he hasn't even played 1 game yet. this year he could struggle, but look at steve nash's numbers in his first few years- he wasn't a double figure scorer until his 5th season in the nba. 1st year point guards tend not to make a HUGE impact with the exception of a few (magic, isiah, paul)

The Bulls are becoming the guard version of the Hawks SF problem. Everyone was making fun of the Hawks taking so many SFs and the Bulls are doing the same thing with guards. Good or bad, they need to decide who is going to be their back court and move the others.

All this hate started from a guy who said he was watching the bulls game and Rose "couldn't do anything" yet he dropped 9 pts and 7 assists on 4-7 shooting off the bench?

1st Team All NBA VanillaThunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phenith
    The Bulls are becoming the guard version of the Hawks SF problem. Everyone was making fun of the Hawks taking so many SFs and the Bulls are doing the same thing with guards. Good or bad, they need to decide who is going to be their back court and move the others.
    Or the guard version of the Detroit Lions wide receiver problem.. I think they drafted WRs in like 12 drafts in a row heh. THAT paid off!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder
    Or the guard version of the Detroit Lions wide receiver problem.. I think they drafted WRs in like 12 drafts in a row heh. THAT paid off!
    Well they just traded Williams for more picks. That team will be stacked with the best WRs in the league. Which means another 3-13 season.

That's Turr'ble

Yes lets let one preseason game predict his whole NBA career.

Future D1 Dad

everybody has bad games, geez. u can't write this kid off so soon but there's bound to be haters towards a high draft pick that's not playing a perfect game every day.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

I swear people never learn. It is a preseason game, that's it, lets wait a year before we call anyone a bust. Not after 1 preseason game......

Seriously are some of you that dumb? Like the OP said, it's a f...................ing preseason game.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniuchi
    I am watching the game againts freaking minnesota and this guy cant do anything , f..............ing paxson another dumb move not picking beasley
    Wow. Can you say "Panick Mode"? It's like the fourth game of pre-season and he's not even doing badly. RELAX!

Good High School Starter

Rose is going to be special. I can see the upside, he just needs a season to get his feet wet in this league like Chris Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    everybody has bad games, geez. u can't write this kid off so soon but there's bound to be haters towards a high draft pick that's not playing a perfect game every day.
    The bad part is he had a decent game!

26 mins
    9 pts
    4-7 shooting
    7 assists

I said before that he could be what Steve Francis used to be. A 20/6/6 kind of guy. The Jason Kidd comparisons that Jay Bilas gave out are probably what have people calling him a bust.

like colin cowherd says if it smells like a duck quacks like a dunk shyts like a duck its a duck.

1 bad games ok 2 bad games ok 3 bad games now its a trend.

Rose has show us nothing in any of his summer league and preseason games, why because that is what he is. ex Darko each year he suxed dic we all saw that and that was what he was, but experts were like give him time.

While Beastley and Mayo and Oden have been doing there things

youll was bashing Mayo after his 5-17 performance then he comes back and goes 6-8 3pt land

Rose high was 14pts then the rest have been around 6-10pts a game and i aint heard shyt about it

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    The bad part is he had a decent game!

26 mins
    9 pts
    4-7 shooting
    7 assists

I said before that he could be what Steve Francis used to be. A 20/6/6 kind of guy. The Jason Kidd comparisons that Jay Bilas gave out are probably what have people calling him a bust.
    yeah, the kidd comparison is way too early to be speaking about. given some time, i think this kid will produce. i think he will become the bulls' leader.

Root Of All Evil

I think he's more Steve Francis like in his prime than Jason Kidd.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    Did I just read someone say that speed and explosiveness are SKILLS? Hahaha... just when I thought this place couldn't get any dumber. Oh well.
    Physical skills... athletic abilities.... poe-tay-toe... poe-tah-toe... toe-may-toe... toe-mah-toe...

Did you not read the entire post or something? How did you not recognize that I broke skills down into three distinct categories?