Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Caution: Adult Content

Default Re: Derrick Rose Performance Thread

Im anxious to see how Rose and Hughs do on the floor together. Anything to change up this line up is most welcome.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

Post Re: Derrick Rose Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lurch67
    Im anxious to see how Rose and Hughs do on the floor together. Anything to change up this line up is most welcome.
    It should be interesting, because after Rose, Hughes is the best driver of the guards. I think he will do OK, but I still think Gordon is the best match for Rose, but only if he ever decides he can accept a role that doesn't result in him having the ball in his hands 90% of the game.

I hope Rose plays his entire career in Chicago. This guy is going to be unreal in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I hope Rose plays his entire career in Chicago. This guy is going to be unreal in a couple years.
    This guy is going to be among the best very soon! His season averages this season up to date: 17.7 ppg (leading all rookies) on 46%, 5.1 apg, 3.9 rpg, and 88% from the line. His assist numbers will probably go up all season. Solid start keep it up!

Rose had another great game last night with 26 pts, 10 rebounds and 6 assists on 53% shooting. His ppg is an impressive 18.75, who would have thought he'd be that much of a scorer. It's only 8 games into the season, but what a great start for the potential rookie of the year! Hopefully next the team gets back to .500 sooner than later and plays its best every night. With Gooden coming back soon they should be better. I can't tell how much Larry Hughes can help us when he becomes healthy, hopefully he surprises us in a good way!

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

ok... this is officially getting insane... did anyone expect Rose to be this good in his first 11 games? WOW just wow... can we please get Boozer or some monster post player to go along side this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    ok... this is officially getting insane... did anyone expect Rose to be this good in his first 11 games? WOW just wow... can we please get Boozer or some monster post player to go along side this guy...
    I know it's awesome, now we really need a legitimate big guy down low. Deng has got to step it up as well if this team want's success. Rose's stat line was nice; 25 points, 9 assists and 3 rebounds.

I find it hilarious how teams are double teaming Rose, a first year rookie just off his freshmen college season. There's no better compliment than being double teamed on almost every play.

The future is bright. I'm thankful for that #1 pick, imagine this season without Rose....yikes.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

Post Re: Derrick Rose Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I find it hilarious how teams are double teaming Rose, a first year rookie just off his freshmen college season. There's no better compliment than being double teamed on almost every play.

The future is bright. I'm thankful for that #1 pick, imagine this season without Rose....yikes.
    We would be counting down the days until the lottery and all the threads about Rose would instead be threads about Blake Griffin vs Demar Derozan vs Ricky Rubio vs blah blah blah...

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
    We would be counting down the days until the lottery and all the threads about Rose would instead be threads about Blake Griffin vs Demar Derozan vs Ricky Rubio vs blah blah blah...

Agrred. But we are not that far from counting the days to the draft. Well, at least I am not.

Dear Gawd please, Some Blake Griffin in Chicago would be so sooo nice.
    Last edited by CelticForce1349; 11-24-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Derricks the true he nees to work on his outside game alot though

Wow. Derrick has just been fantastic here in the first half against the Jazz. I just can't get over what a natural scorer this kid is.

His jumpshot is so much better than was advertised just before and after the draft.

National High School Star

Rose made a few bad defensive plays in the 4th, lets see if bulls can win this one..

National High School Star

wow, what a finish. Hughes and Rose again saves the day for chicago. I'm not a big fan of hughes but I'm beginning to like him. bec he seems to respect Rose. He doesnt force his offense, he gives the ball Rose and lets rose do his thing while he moves w/o the ball and look for open spots. Something Gordon and deng should learn and do.

Quote Originally Posted by trig
    wow, what a finish. Hughes and Rose again saves the day for chicago. I'm not a big fan of hughes but I'm beginning to like him. bec he seems to respect Rose. He doesnt force his offense, he gives the ball Rose and lets rose do his thing while he moves w/o the ball and look for open spots. Something Gordon and deng should learn and do.

I agree with you about Deng and Gordon trying to make too many plays without Rose. Hughes does it sometimes but he seems to have a much better understanding that Rose is the PG that was the number one pick in the draft.

Deng and especially Gordon seem to think it was them sometimes. If Deng isn't awesome by the end of the season on a regular basis he is totally expendable to me. I am sure other people will whine and make excuses for him so he can keep doing it though.

Rose was nearly flawless from an offensive standpoint in the 2nd half. Didn't he make all of his shots in the first half? Pretty nice in the 2nd half. What did he miss, like 3 or 4 shots?

Thanks to Larry for hitting that buzzer-beater.