Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    IMO

Olympiacos
    Barca
    CSKA
    PAO

will advance, I think PAO and Olympiacos will have a relatively easy time advancing but the other ones I think will be tight.
    Could be right, I think if any team wins with homecourt disadvantage it will be TAU.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Could be right, I think if any team wins with homecourt disadvantage it will be TAU.
    I assume you are a Barca fan? Are they just going through the motions waiting for the series? I think they have more depth and more players overall than TAU so that's why I think they would win, but lately they are not playing that well and if you don't play your best against TAU you get beat.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 03-22-2009 at 10:43 PM.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Tau will always have a chance with acb champion Tiago Splitter.

I assume you are a Barca fan? Are they just going through the motions waiting for the series? I think they have more depth and more players overall than TAU so that's why I think they would win, but lately they are not playing that well and if you don't play your best against TAU you get beat.
    Barca have actually been playing well of late but on sunday they lost after 4 overtimes!! so that doesnt help for today. Fran Vazquez and Santiago are for me key players against TAU.They have to reduce Splitter's productivity and do damage themselves in offence. I think TAU are just a team that traditionally have always done well against Barca.
    It's open. As for the CSKA v Partizan game? I thought it would be a low score but 56 47!!

thats barca out.as a barca fan I am disgusted at the performance.to give homecourt advantage away by the 1st qtr of a 5 game tie is appalling.They truely were awful.Prigioni destroyed Sada and Lakovic.That was the difference.Everytime barca got within 7 Tau would stretch it back to 12 most of the times due to barca's ineffectiveness in offence,taking ill advised 3s or suicide drives.Andersen bigtime player was frankly ****.
    Barca have a good enough side to win in Bruesa arena but I am afraid they dont have the coach for it.TAU destroyed barca last year in the acb playoffs and will do so in this competition this year. I say 3 1 at best for barca.

Banned

thats barca out.as a barca fan I am disgusted at the performance.to give homecourt advantage away by the 1st qtr of a 5 game tie is appalling.They truely were awful.Prigioni destroyed Sada and Lakovic.That was the difference.Everytime barca got within 7 Tau would stretch it back to 12 most of the times due to barca's ineffectiveness in offence,taking ill advised 3s or suicide drives.Andersen bigtime player was frankly ****.
    Barca have a good enough side to win in Bruesa arena but I am afraid they dont have the coach for it.TAU destroyed barca last year in the acb playoffs and will do so in this competition this year. I say 3 1 at best for barca.
    What about the talk about Jasikevicius going back to Barca? Do you think they will try to get him since their point guards seem to be an issue?

What about the talk about Jasikevicius going back to Barca? Do you think they will try to get him since their point guards seem to be an issue?
    It would be a step back.I think one of barca's biggest mistakes(one of many) was letting him go,but now it would be wrong to bring him back,maybe 2 years ago yes.All the talk was of terryl mcintyre from siena and then it all went to rat**** and they brought Barrett who cant get a minute!!and rightly so as he is crap,but how can you go from wanting to sign mcintyre to signing barrett??Ricky Rubio would be good.personally i think Pepe Sanchez would have done a decent job too.Or sign Prigioni!!!

Banned

It would be a step back.I think one of barca's biggest mistakes(one of many) was letting him go,but now it would be wrong to bring him back,maybe 2 years ago yes.All the talk was of terryl mcintyre from siena and then it all went to rat**** and they brought Barrett who cant get a minute!!and rightly so as he is crap,but how can you go from wanting to sign mcintyre to signing barrett??Ricky Rubio would be good.personally i think Pepe Sanchez would have done a decent job too.Or sign Prigioni!!!
    I've heard some rumors about Prigoni going to the NBA this summer. That would be a huge signing for Barca though.

I've heard some rumors about Prigoni going to the NBA this summer. That would be a huge signing for Barca though.
    nba would be a step back for prigioni's career. he would go from being in a club where he is a god to being some foreign player in a crap nba team hoping for minutes.He is a european basketball style player.I can think of many examples in the past,navarro was one,rudy fernandez will be the next , jasikevicius,spanoulis etc etc

CSKA just blew Partizan up...
    77-50
    But in Belgrade it will definitly be another story...

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Another expected win by Olympiacos. Real Madrid is one of the poorests teams in the quarter finals.

Barcelona totally blew out TAU. They did the same to PAO and Siena earlier in the season. They have a deep bench and it shows.

Siena with a major win in Athens over PAO. Now the Italians have the upper hand the home advantage. PAO has none other to blame than Spanoulis who ruins the entire PAO teamwork.

CSKA showed why they are champs and the favourites again. Simple.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    Another expected win by Olympiacos. Real Madrid is one of the poorests teams in the quarter finals.

Barcelona totally blew out TAU. They did the same to PAO and Siena earlier in the season. They have a deep bench and it shows.

Siena with a major win in Athens over PAO. Now the Italians have the upper hand the home advantage. PAO has none other to blame than Spanoulis who ruins the entire PAO teamwork.

CSKA showed why they are champs and the favourites again. Simple.
    TAU-Barca this should be great as should Siena-PAO, I'm hoping for long series. Siena-PAO is great so far. Olympiacos should beat Real Madrid, even if they lose the next 2 I think they have that one.

CSKA-Partizan is going to be a very interesting game 3 I think.

On the Spanoulis point I disagree. I watched that game. The blame for PAO's loss there is completely on in order of most to least blame:

1. Obradovic
    2. Diamantidis
    3. Jasikevicius
    4. Chatzivrettas
    5. Tsartsaris

Nicholas, Spanoulis, Fotsis, Batiste and Pekovic all played well for PAO. Those other guys and the coach were extremely poor though.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 03-27-2009 at 02:20 AM.

Siena are a great side,they never give up and Lavrinovic is key! He was tremendous the little time he played.PAO suffered from complacency.I agree barca are very deep but before tonight they had lost 8 in a row against TAU including last year's acb playoffs and this year's cup game and league game.At best they will bring the game back to barcelona,however they have a good enough squad to win both games in Vitoria.Its totally open like the Siena-PANA game.Madrid might win a game in madrid,thats all. CSKA are CSKA.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

On the Spanoulis point I disagree. I watched that game. The blame for PAO's loss there is completely on in order of most to least blame:

1. Obradovic
    2. Diamantidis
    3. Jasikevicius
    4. Chatzivrettas
    5. Tsartsaris
    You can disagree as long as you want. You might have watched the game from the US but I was 10 meters from the court.

Also your opinions lacks objectiveness since you are a well-known Spanoulis follower all over the internet basketball forums.

The fact is one: Spanoulis is destroying Panathinaikos' potential.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    You can disagree as long as you want. You might have watched the game from the US but I was 10 meters from the court.

Also your opinions lacks objectiveness since you are a well-known Spanoulis follower all over the internet basketball forums.

The fact is one: Spanoulis is destroying Panathinaikos' potential.
    Don't make false accusations against me unless you want to be reported to the mods. I saw him play just fine and some other players playing really awful. He was not one of them.

I would suggest that in the future you refrain from posting something like that directed towards me personally again.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 03-28-2009 at 02:07 PM.