Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    And if you think I am dumb enough to believe that a guy that claims to be Spanish and a Barca fan was sitting in the OAKA arena in Athens, Greece watching a Greek and Italian team play each other, while his team was playing at the same time in Spain, then you are going to have to really reconsider just who it is you think your are talking trash to.

I am certainly no fool and will not fall for such stupid and easy to catch lies like that.
    Are you high? Now you are imagining things? Get a grip.
    True. He won't ever make in the NBA the same that he turned down from CSKA.
    How much was that offer? Could you provide us a link? Or is this another of your imaginary 'rumours'?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    Are you high? Now you are imagining things? Get a grip.

How much was that offer? Could you provide us a link? Or is this another of your imaginary 'rumours'?
    Welcome to IGNORE

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

I love Navarro. I would take him over Rudy any day myself. But I think for him he has to be in the right team in the NBA. if he was in a team like the Lakers or the Rockets he would have been an absolute killer. he could have played point guard in those teams and got a lot of open shots. Also his defense would not have been an issue in those teams. He could take teams like that clearly over the top IMO.

But the chances for him to get just that right team are very slim. And of course this guy has been the face of Barca for so long. You could just understand how his NBA experience in Memphis was poor. If the Lakers would have taken him also in that Gasol trade.........

Rudy is a more typical player than Navarro. He can fit in any NBA club easier because he's really a role player. Sure he can star in a club like Joventut Badalona but not in a big European club IMO. He's the same there about like he is with Portland. He's really a complimentary player. Navarro is much more than that IMO.
    I think Rudy would have been a top top player in any of the big european clubs.I'd love to see him in barcelona with navarro.and I agree with bjerk his game has regressed at portland!!big time.last night 14 minutes 0-3 3pts 0-2 fts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    I think Rudy would have been a top top player in any of the big european clubs.I'd love to see him in barcelona with navarro.and I agree with bjerk his game has regressed at portland!!big time.last night 14 minutes 0-3 3pts 0-2 fts.
    You miss my point. He's a complimentary player. Look at Diamantidis for example, a big player in a big club, but he as a player is a complimentary player. That's what I mean. Navarro is more of a go to player. So what I am saying is that IMHO it's easier for complimentary players to fit into NBA or big Euroleague teams or whatever.

It is undeniably harder for go to players to fit into teams. As an example there are some go to players in the Euroleague that might fit with a certain team or certain coach but then again might not. That's what I am saying.

And Rudy's game has not regressed one bit at all, in fact he's better than he was. But he is a complimentary player. He's not a go to guy. He is not playing in Joventut anymore so of course he will get less shots. But he was always a complimentary player.

That's my point. Diamantidis and Fernandez are good examples of this. You can be a superstar in Europe without being a go to player because of the difference in philosophy, you can't do that in the NBA, in the NBA if you are a complimentary guy you are a role player. Even the greatest complimentary players in the world like Robert Horry will still be role players in the NBA.

I mean of course Rudy can be a go to guy in Joventut, but that's even a far cry from the level of the big Spanish clubs to be perfectly honest about it. Navarro being that he is an actual go to player needs to be in a team that actually needs that. That's all I am trying to say.

I didn't mean Rudy would not be a good or key player say in Barca, I meant that he would still be the same player he is. He is in truth not skilled enough to be a go to player. You can argue it all you want, but that would be wrong. It is simply wrong to criticize how Portland uses him because he does not have a truly level skill set in offense to be a go to player.

He's more like Calderon who also lacks that skill level to be a true go to player. Then guys different than that are Rubio and Navarro who both do have that skill set with a level that is complete enough in offense to be true go to guys.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 04-04-2009 at 12:42 PM.

You miss my point. He's a complimentary player. Look at Diamantidis for example, a big player in a big club, but he as a player is a complimentary player. That's what I mean. Navarro is more of a go to player. So what I am saying is that IMHO it's easier for complimentary players to fit into NBA or big Euroleague teams or whatever.

It is undeniably harder for go to players to fit into teams. As an example there are some go to players in the Euroleague that might fit with a certain team or certain coach but then again might not. That's what I am saying.

And Rudy's game has not regressed one bit at all, in fact he's better than he was. But he is a complimentary player. He's not a go to guy. He is not playing in Joventut anymore so of course he will get less shots. But he was always a complimentary player.

That's my point. Diamantidis and Fernandez are good examples of this. You can be a superstar in Europe without being a go to player because of the difference in philosophy, you can't do that in the NBA, in the NBA if you are a complimentary guy you are a role player. Even the greatest complimentary players in the world like Robert Horry will still be role players in the NBA.

I mean of course Rudy can be a go to guy in Joventut, but that's even a far cry from the level of the big Spanish clubs to be perfectly honest about it. Navarro being that he is an actual go to player needs to be in a team that actually needs that. That's all I am trying to say.

I didn't mean Rudy would not be a good or key player say in Barca, I meant that he would still be the same player he is. He is in truth not skilled enough to be a go to player. You can argue it all you want, but that would be wrong. It is simply wrong to criticize how Portland uses him because he does not have a truly level skill set in offense to be a go to player.

He's more like Calderon who also lacks that skill level to be a true go to player. Then guys different than that are Rubio and Navarro who both do have that skill set with a level that is complete enough in offense to be true go to guys.
    I understand what you say but I disagree in one fundamental point,Rudy is about the clearest cut, go to player ever produced in Spain.

Banned

I understand what you say but I disagree in one fundamental point,Rudy is about the clearest cut, go to player ever produced in Spain.
    But his fundamentals are lacking to be a good scorer IMO. He has the shooting, the passing, the feel for the game, the athleticism, but his offensive skills for scoring, ability to create his own shot, his ability to handle the ball - those are very lacking.

Welcome to IGNORE
    Typical. Once more when you were asked to actually show some proof or a link whatsoever you chose the easy way out.
    I think Rudy would have been a top top player in any of the big european clubs.
    You are right. He would be.
    You miss my point. He's a complimentary player. Look at Diamantidis for example, a big player in a big club, but he as a player is a complimentary player.
    Diamantidis is the best PAO player. He is the most all around PAO player He plays the most minutes for PAO. You just have personal issues against him and arebiased.
    But he is a complimentary player. He's not a go to guy. He is not playing in Joventut anymore so of course he will get less shots. But he was always a complimentary player.
    He wasn't always a complementary player. He was the go to player for Joventut. He isn't now for Portland because they have great quality and because European rookies are not trusted easily in the NBA. But he would be the go to guy in most of the Euroleague clubs.
    I mean of course Rudy can be a go to guy in Joventut, but that's even a far cry from the level of the big Spanish clubs to be perfectly honest about it.
    In the previous paragraph you said that Rudy was never the go to guy. Now you say he was on Joventut. You are contradicting yourself from paragraph to paragraph.
    He is in truth not skilled enough to be a go to player.
    Heis one of the most skilled European players.
    You can argue it all you want, but that would be wrong.
    So whatever everyone argues they are wrong by default while you are always right? Sure, whatever you say. After all you are the smartest guy in here as it seems.
    Rudy is about the clearest cut, go to player ever produced in Spain.
    You are absolutely right. After all being Spanish and watching ACB and Spain NT games on a regular basis should allow you to know more about Rudy than anyone in here.
    his offensive skills for scoring, ability to create his own shot, his ability to handle the ball - those are very lacking.
    Both his ability to create his own shot and handling the ball are very good. You obviously haven't watched him playing.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

The blazers are doing well right now but it would prudent to question anything with vulcan considering the various recent allegations.

Typical. Once more when you were asked to actually show some proof or a link whatsoever you chose the easy way out.

You are right. He would be.

Diamantidis is the best PAO player. He is the most all around PAO player He plays the most minutes for PAO. You just have personal issues against him and arebiased.

He wasn't always a complementary player. He was the go to player for Joventut. He isn't now for Portland because they have great quality and because European rookies are not trusted easily in the NBA. But he would be the go to guy in most of the Euroleague clubs.

In the previous paragraph you said that Rudy was never the go to guy. Now you say he was on Joventut. You are contradicting yourself from paragraph to paragraph.
    Heis one of the most skilled European players.

So whatever everyone argues they are wrong by default while you are always right? Sure, whatever you say. After all you are the smartest guy in here as it seems.

You are absolutely right. After all being Spanish and watching ACB and Spain NT games on a regular basis should allow you to know more about Rudy than anyone in here.

Both his ability to create his own shot and handling the ball are very good. You obviously haven't watched him playing.
    I agree with you,you seem to have seen the same Rudy I have.He is great at creating his own shot,To say he lacks that skill is strange to say the least.I would say he is on a par if not better than Navarro,he is more athletic and is taller.And I am a Navarro fan as you can see by my nic.

I agree with you,you seem to have seen the same Rudy I have.He is great at creating his own shot,To say he lacks that skill is strange to say the least.I would say he is on a par if not better than Navarro,he is more athletic and is taller.And I am a Navarro fan as you can see by my nic.
    I had the luck to watch both Rudy and Rubio with my own eyes in their debut year in Euroleague.they both had a great game. Rudy15 pts, 4 rb, 3 as. Ricky 5 pts, 7 rb, 7 st!

I believe Rudy is already better than Navarro. He is much more athletic. I was watching Spain NT games from a Spanish sat channel in summer Olympics and I liked Rudy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    Of course Turkey would throw out an Israeli team. Look at the largest denomination in Turkey.
    turks.

I had the luck to watch both Rudy and Rubio with my own eyes in their debut year in Euroleague.they both had a great game. Rudy15 pts, 4 rb, 3 as. Ricky 5 pts, 7 rb, 7 st!

I believe Rudy is already better than Navarro. He is much more athletic. I was watching Spain NT games from a Spanish sat channel in summer Olympics and I liked Rudy more.
    Navarro had a stinker of a european cup final against russia, 0 points. In the olympics he was awful most games,luckily he had a good game in the final.Rudy had some great games,and he generated most of his points like that one on one with prince were he took that great 3!

Banned

You guys are wrong and it's good you are. Because if you were right that Rudy is maybe the best offensive player and one on one offensive player from Europe then it would be undeniable proof that the NBA is a billion times better than the Euroleague.

Thankfully though, you are both severely wrong on that issue.

You guys are wrong
    As always,, we are wrong and you are right. Sure boss, whatever you say.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

As always,, we are wrong and you are right. Sure boss, whatever you say.
    Lakas is right, Rudy fernandez wasn't as dominate as you say he was.