Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Kim
    Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida
    Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
    Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavarez

[COLOR="Purple"]UFC Fight Night[/COLOR]

Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
    Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic
    Josh Neer vs. Mac Danzig
    Last edited by hateraid; 01-25-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Default Re: UFC 93, Affliction:Day of Reckoning, UFC 94, UFC Fight Night

Interesting facts

Dan Arlovski has been training with Freddie Roach. The guys who's trained Oscar DeLaHoya and Manny Pacquiao. The master of exposing weaknesses. Arlovski wants to keep this standing (obviously). I like this strategy.

Two of my favorite fighters are fighting in Karo and Vitor. Sadly I think both will lose.

Man if fedor loses I really will stop following MMA, on the other hand if he wins I think the UFC should seriously sign this guy. The affliction card looks really solid. But I still want to see if Shogun is back.

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    Man if fedor loses I really will stop following MMA, on the other hand if he wins I think the UFC should seriously sign this guy. The affliction card looks really solid. But I still want to see if Shogun is back.
    Nah, Fedor will fight Barnett next if they both win. Then hopefully he can take care of Brock in the UFC.

Fedor will never be a part of UFC. Give up the pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    [COLOR="Olive"]UFC 94: Penn vs St.Pierre[/COLOR]

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
    Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
    Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida
    I can't wait for this one!...Finally BJ will be able to prove to the world he is the best P4P ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
    I can't wait for this one!...Finally BJ will be able to prove to the world he is the best P4P ..

I like the battle of the undefeated's as well. I see the winner of that fight to make noise in the LHW division. Possibly be the title holder very soon. The winner should fight Brandon Vera next.

Can't wait to see Karo back in action. He needs this fight to stay relevant to this division. Long hiatus has hurt him in the rankings, plus the loss to Alves. I'm scared that he will probably lose though.

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

I like the battle of the undefeated's as well. I see the winner of that fight to make noise in the LHW division. Possibly be the title holder very soon. The winner should fight Brandon Vera next.

Can't wait to see Karo back in action. He needs this fight to stay relevant to this division. Long hiatus has hurt him in the rankings, plus the loss to Alves. I'm scared that he will probably lose though.
    The winner of the Silva vs Machida fight will be way above Brandon Vera, Vera is basically nonexistant at this point. With rumours that Rampage Jackson will take the immediate shot at Rashad Evans, don't be surprised if the winner of this fight takes on Forrest Griffin next.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

How would you feel about the winner of Machida and Silva fighting Rampage, for the right to fight Evans?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    How would you feel about the winner of Machida and Silva fighting Rampage, for the right to fight Evans?
    If you do that, then Rashad doesn't fight until like forever. IF that happened, people would ***** about how Rashad is on the sidelines, etc.. It's been rumored that at 96, it'll be Rashad vs Rampage for the LHW title.

Lyoto vs Thiago is probably the #1 contender fight, and I think Lyoto will win pretty handily actually. But, whatever. I don't think Thiago deserves a title shot even if he beats Lyoto due to his resume, but whatever floats the UFC's boat.

Ace vs Hendo will be an awesome fight. I think Ace will outpoint Hendo in a decision, but a very close and exciting fight. Hopefully Shogun ****s on Coleman. I think Karo will beat DHK. Hopefully Nate subs Guida.

As for Affliction, AA vs Fedor will be a good fight for however long it lasts. AA's striking is pretty crisp and working with Freddie Roach will obviously help his technical boxing. However, his ground game is doo-doo and I doubt he'll be able to stuff a Fedor TD attempt. Remember, Roy Nelson (underrated guy of course, but nothing on the level of Fedor) had AA on the ground and was working for a kimura before an incompetent ref stands them up. Once it hits the ground, it's nighty night for Andrei. However, if AA can keep it standing, he has a shot.

High School Starter

Wow, that's a lot of MMA in one month. There's also a WEC event towards the end of the month. Cerrone vs. Varner should be a good fight. Faber vs. Pulver 2 seems pretty unnecessary. Their first fight was entertaining but it was pretty one-sided. I think the WEC feels like Pulver is finished and is just trying to get one more big fight from him before everyone else comes to the same conclusion.

Interesting facts

Dan Arlovski has been training with Freddie Roach. The guys who's trained Oscar DeLaHoya and Manny Pacquiao. The master of exposing weaknesses. Arlovski wants to keep this standing (obviously). I like this strategy.

Two of my favorite fighters are fighting in Karo and Vitor. Sadly I think both will lose.
    Last time I checked the Vegas odds, Arlovski was a 4.5 to 1 dog. That's pretty sick.

I can't see it going longer than one round, I really can't.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Four weeks in a row of events!
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
    UFC 93: Franklin vs. Henderson[/COLOR]

Mark Coleman vs. Shogon Rua
    Alan Belchar vs. Dennis Kang
    Mark Davis vs. Chris Lyttle
    Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Affliction: Day of Reckoning[/COLOR]

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
    Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
    Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland
    Babalu vs. Sokoudjou
    Paul Buentello vs. Kiril Sidellnikov

[COLOR="Olive"]UFC 94: Penn vs St.Pierre[/COLOR]

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
    Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
    Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

[COLOR="Purple"]UFC Fight Night[/COLOR]

Joe Lauzon vs. Hermes Franca
    Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic
    Josh Neer vs. Mac Danzig
    Hendo vs Frankin - If near prime Hendo shows up I think he gets a convincing decision victory. If age catches up with Hendo and his great chin deteriorates I can see Franklin putting him to sleep. Regardless I still think Hendo has a lot of fight left and he takes it by UD.

Shogun vs. Coleman - Shogun will be motivated and will brutally destroy old man Coleman. Knees. This fight won't make it out of the 3rd round. Hopefully 2009 is a big year for Shogun.

Denis Kang vs Alan Belchar - Kangs UFC debut. Belchar really offers nothing Kang hasn't seen and is basically being fed to Kang. Aside from flash Belchar KO Kang takes this fight easily. Kang by submission or T/KO.

Marcus David vs. Chris Lyttle - Should be a slugfest. Fight of the night potential for sure. Lyttle is such a game fighter and both have very good hands. Lyttle is a better grappler so I'd give him a slight edge. Lyttle by split decision.

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousamir Palhares - Palhares is the real deal and can beat anyone @ 185. He reminds me a lot of a middleweight Arona. He'll mount Horn and TKO or Submit him.

Affliction.

Fedor vs Arlovski - Arlovski is a stud and definitely a top HW but Fedor is just too good. I see Fedor tagging Arlovski on the feet and then finishing the fight on the ground via submission.

Josh Barnett vs Gilbert Yvel - Barnett hopefully won't try trading at with Yvel and make quick work of Gilbert on the ground. Hopefully they pit Gilbert vs. someone who is willing to trade with him next time around. Josh via first around submission.

Vitor Belfort vs. Matt Lindland - If Lindland looks anything like he did last fight Vitor could beat him but Vitor has no heart and Lindland will grind out a decision. This has snoozefest written all over it.

Babalu vs Sokoudjou - Interesting match up. I really think this is a toss up. Since I'm forced to choose I see Sokoudjou tagging Babalu and TKOing him.

UFC 94

Penn vs St. Pierre - My heart says Penn my head says GSP (excuse the cliche). I think BJ proved in his last fight that when he's motivated cardio is no longer an issue for him. GSP really has probably the best combination of athleticism and wrestling in the sport but I don't think he's able to finish Penn anywhere and BJ is definitely the better striker. I can see BJ winning a razor thin decision or hurting GSP on the feet and finishing him. I'll take BJ by something.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva - I think Silva is Lyoto's toughest test to date and if/when he wins and doesn't get a title shot something is seriously wrong. I find Lyoto's style refreshing and he's been a favorite of mine long before he stepped foot in the octagon. Silva is no slouch but Lyoto is the top dog in my opinion @ 205. Lyoto by UD.

Some other good fights I'll do later.

UFC 93:
    Hendo as long as he doesn't employ some sort of retarded Matt Hammil type strategy. He has the chin, power and wrestling to defeat Franklin.
    Shogun as Coleman is like 54 years old. I'm thinking the Hammer will get subbed via triangle.
    Kang in his UFC debut. Yes, it does look like they're feeding him a win.
    The Irish Hand Grenade as I've never really been that impressed with Lytle. If Lytle wins, then who cares?
    Toquinho over Gumby. Lytle/Davis should be a stand up war and this fight should be the opposite, a ground war.

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Fedor. It's not wise to pick against him.
    Barnett. I'm not sure why he's even fighting Yvel. I don't know, maybe because Aleks couldn't get cleared or something.
    Belfort. He looks revitalized in a new division while Lindland looked like crap in his last fight. Yeah, it could end up being a boring LnP decision for Lindland.
    Babalu via sub after Soko gasses at the end of the first.
    The Head Hunter.

UFC 94:
    GSP via superior wrestling and conditioning.
    Machida. Silva said he's going to go after Machida which may not be the smartest thing do. But hell, maybe it ends up working.
    The American Psycho.
    Karo Decisyan via, what else, decision...
    Guida.
    Fitch. Demoted to the undercard for not being willing to sign his likeness rights over. This will motivate him to dominate.
    Manny will catch Thiago with a bomb.

^^ Decisyan,lol. Although probably the funnest decision fighter to watch. His Nate Diaz fight was one of the best i've seen.

I'll update after every event.

Oh, and because this IS a crapshoot,lolz, I'm taking the Pitbull.
    Last edited by hateraid; 01-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.