Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Would Larry Bird be the best player in the NBA Nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
    How close or far apart would Lebron, CP3, Duncan be in comparison to Bird?
    No Tmac?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    No Tmac?
    You actually believe I am a T-mac fan?

Bird today

NBA comparison: Mike Dunleavy Jr

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

no way. He would get in a fight today because he talks way to much trash and someone would break his bones and he'd have a career ending injury. Nah but really he probably be unstoppable on offense, while being a 2nd defense defender. basically a better dirk that can drive and post

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Yes he would.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

back then they sere slower than now-n-day's......Kobe would own him, imo.....this is a very tought era, he played in an era which was easier.....altho, he still had to go threw lakers/76ers/pistons......

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

[B]Yes

-With Todays [COLOR="blue"]No Handchecking [/COLOR] allowed it would Easy for him to get his Fadeway Shots Off as Post Up Shooter All Day Long...

-Same would go with his 3-Point FG%, It would be Easier to Get his 3pointers...Can you Imagine No Handchecking on Bird in his 3-Point Attempts? It would be laughable

-With [COLOR="Blue"]Todays Zone Defenses[/COLOR] he would be benefied even more Locating him self with The Greatest Full Court and Defensive Court Awaeness of All Time to Anticipate for Steals etc making his SPG Avg Rise.

-His Passing and APG Avg would raise to about 8-9 APG with Ease benefiting with the actual [COLOR="blue"] Away Man Defense and Zone Defense there is Today (
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 10-23-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Yes

-With Todays No Handchecking Allowed it would easy for him to get his Fadeway Shots Off as Post Up Shooter All Day Long...

-With Todays Zone Defenses he would benefit even Locating him self with The Greatest Full Court and Defensive Court Awaeness of All Time to anticipate for Steals etc making his SPG Avg Rise

-His Passing Assist Avg would raise to about 8-9 APG with ease with Away Man Defense there is Today

-His Rebounding would be around the same 10 RPG, excpet he would be around 240 lbs with todays weight lifting programs.

A 6`9 1/ 2 ft 240 lbs SF that can Shoot like the Best SGs, Post Up and Rebound like a Powerforward, Think and Pass like a PG and Was the Clutchest Player Ever (no hating on West and Jordan but Bird had the edge there)

Also..

*In todays Slow Paced Game "Bird Thinking and Way Of Playing" would have more impact than 80s Faster Pace (when Players knew how to movel with or without the ball and where quicker at average, weighed less etc).

*The League would be Slowly Falling to "The Bird Trap" easier than Before

Expect these stats for 8-10 seasons:

28-32 PPG (50-54% FG), 10-12 RGP; 8-9 APG, 90% FT, 40% 3-Point, 2-3 SPG

*That ofcourse if he plays in the West if he plays in the East expect a rise for 8-10 Season on those Stats
    shut up bish thats like saying nash would be 150 lbs in the old days

NYK's comeback 08-09 worldbefree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Yes

-With Todays No Handchecking Allowed it would easy for him to get his Fadeway Shots Off as Post Up Shooter All Day Long...

-With Todays Zone Defenses he would benefit even Locating him self with The Greatest Full Court and Defensive Court Awaeness of All Time to anticipate for Steals etc making his SPG Avg Rise

-His Passing Assist Avg would raise to about 8-9 APG with ease with Away Man Defense there is Today

-His Rebounding would be around the same 10 RPG, excpet he would be around 240 lbs with todays weight lifting programs.

A 6`9 1/ 2 ft 240 lbs SF that can Shoot like the Best SGs, Post Up and Rebound like a Powerforward, Think and Pass like a PG and Was the Clutchest Player Ever (no hating on West and Jordan but Bird had the edge there)

Also..

*In todays Slow Paced Game "Bird Thinking and Way Of Playing" would have more impact than 80s Faster Pace (when Players knew how to movel with or without the ball and where quicker at average, weighed less etc).

*The League would be Slowly Falling to "The Bird Trap" easier than Before

Expect these stats for 8-10 seasons:

28-32 PPG (50-54% FG), 10-12 RGP; 8-9 APG, 90% FT, 40% 3-Point, 2-3 SPG

*That ofcourse if he plays in the West if he plays in the East expect a rise for 8-10 Season on those Stats
    you are the most annoying poster on ISH and you don't make any sense you idiot.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
    You actually believe I am a T-mac fan?

I guess the tmac in the name, avatar, and all the posts about him threw me off.

IMO, if his body was up to par as the players in the league in terms of speed and quickness (not like he was the fastest player in his era), he would still be a top player... best? i would say one of the best. he would still score...

College superstar

Bird? Looks like a white stiff to me. What's his vert? I bet he can't even do a windmill slam. He'd probably be a really good D-league player though.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Bird? Looks like a white stiff to me. What's his vert? I bet he can't even do a windmill slam. He'd probably be a really good D-league player though.
    i agree with that, but.....he is one of the 6 best ever to play the game....

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

[QUOTE=Sir Charles][B]Yes

-With Todays [COLOR="blue"]No Handchecking [/COLOR] allowed it would Easy for him to get his Fadeway Shots Off as Post Up Shooter All Day Long...

-Same would go with his 3-Point FG%, It would be Easier to Get his 3pointers...Can you Imagine No Handchecking on Bird in his 3-Point Attempts? It would be laughable

-With [COLOR="Blue"]Todays Zone Defenses[/COLOR] he would be benefied even more Locating him self with The Greatest Full Court and Defensive Court Awaeness of All Time to Anticipate for Steals etc making his SPG Avg Rise.

-His Passing and APG Avg would raise to about 8-9 APG with Ease benefiting with the actual [COLOR="blue"] Away Man Defense and Zone Defense there is Today (
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 10-23-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg