Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Just got back from the scrimmage.

we pretty much dominated. everyone played hard. we still have some stuff to work on but we could do some damage next season.

We played like 7 quarters but through 4 quarters im pretty sure i had 22 points and a lot of rebounds. We also werent shooting free throws on 3 point plays for some reason and i had about 3 of those.

The hook felt great and i had a lot of put backs. overall i think i ended up like 13/15 or something like that. This was a really encouraging game heading in to team camp.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    Just got back from the scrimmage.

we pretty much dominated. everyone played hard. we still have some stuff to work on but we could do some damage next season.

We played like 7 quarters but through 4 quarters im pretty sure i had 22 points and a lot of rebounds. We also werent shooting free throws on 3 point plays for some reason and i had about 3 of those.

The hook felt great and i had a lot of put backs. overall i think i ended up like 13/15 or something like that. This was a really encouraging game heading in to team camp.
    sounds like you were killing.

a baby hook is such a great move to have. not enough big men are skilled enough to just kill people on it. i remember the very first game i ever started my soph year i had a double-double, and scored all my buckets of baby hooks.

skilled post player with your size = deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    sounds like you were killing.

a baby hook is such a great move to have. not enough big men are skilled enough to just kill people on it. i remember the very first game i ever started my soph year i had a double-double, and scored all my buckets of baby hooks.

skilled post player with your size = deadly.
    yeah when im getting my shots up ill shoot a lot of hooks and i set it up a different way every ten shots. my foot work is getting better. I also usually do the same amount of work on my left hand as my right. So ill make 50 right handed hooks then make 50 left handed hooks.

I had another killer work out today. im definitely starting to get stronger and a little bigger. This next season will be interesting. I emailed some colleges yesterday, just included stuff like my stats from last season, height and weight, my gpa, and all the stuff im involved with at school. i dunno if it will help me at all but its not like its gonna hurt me.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

We had our second game last night.

All I have to say is we got our asses handed to us.

yeah when im getting my shots up ill shoot a lot of hooks and i set it up a different way every ten shots. my foot work is getting better. I also usually do the same amount of work on my left hand as my right. So ill make 50 right handed hooks then make 50 left handed hooks.

I had another killer work out today. im definitely starting to get stronger and a little bigger. This next season will be interesting. I emailed some colleges yesterday, just included stuff like my stats from last season, height and weight, my gpa, and all the stuff im involved with at school. i dunno if it will help me at all but its not like its gonna hurt me.
    yea thats good. are you working on your free throws as well? becusae our big man's FT shooting cost us a couple of games late. dude was a beast and he was wet too but when he got to the line we would rush and it was all bad. People are gonna be hackin the **** outta you once you start killin, so make sure those free throws are down.

all you gotta do is get your name out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitz77
    We had our second game last night.

All I have to say is we got our asses handed to us.
    what happened?

yea thats good. are you working on your free throws as well? becusae our big man's FT shooting cost us a couple of games late. dude was a beast and he was wet too but when he got to the line we would rush and it was all bad. People are gonna be hackin the **** outta you once you start killin, so make sure those free throws are down.

all you gotta do is get your name out there.
    yeah i actually shot 80 percent for the year(i shot like 85 fts) but i havent been shooting them lately. i better start shooting them again though. its funny though because on one of my club teams my coach actually looks to get me the ball late in the game when we are winning cuz their coach will be like "FOUL HIM!" and then i stroke them.

i got a response to an email today so im gonna send some film. i was thinking about maybe sending the first half of two of my really good games.

what happened?
    Well, Our offense was just ****ty, the newer kids on our team couldnt even figure out how to run flex properly. Our defense was lacking, nobody seemed to have any legs under them except for a couple of us.

After we were down like 10, I decided to take a couple for the team. I took 3 charges on the defensive end.

But I couldnt capatilize on the offensive end. I got to the line 3 times, and I missed all six shots. I airballed a 3pt shot. (thats my hot spot too)

Overall, it was just a horrible night.

I cant wait till our next game. Until then though, last nights game is going to give me nightmares until next game.

Well, Our offense was just ****ty, the newer kids on our team couldnt even figure out how to run flex properly. Our defense was lacking, nobody seemed to have any legs under them except for a couple of us.

After we were down like 10, I decided to take a couple for the team. I took 3 charges on the defensive end.

But I couldnt capatilize on the offensive end. I got to the line 3 times, and I missed all six shots. I airballed a 3pt shot. (thats my hot spot too)

I cant wait till our next game. Until then though, last nights game is going to give me nightmares until next game.
    dont worry about it too much. Wins and losses dont matter in the summer as much as improvement does. You just need to improve as a player and as a team. Its about getting comfortable playing together and getting ready for the season where the wins/losses really count.

dont worry about it too much. Wins and losses dont matter in the summer as much as improvement does. You just need to improve as a player and as a team. Its about getting comfortable playing together and getting ready for the season where the wins/losses really count.
    Yeah i know. but, I've spent hours up at the gym with the younger kids trying to teach them how to run just basic flex and Penny. i don't know what it is, they just don't understand it..

It just gets frusterating..thats all, but they'll figure it out sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later.

damn that sounds like a pretty rough day. dont let it get to your head, thats the last thing that you want to happen. just get in the gym and get some shots up before the next game.

leave for team camp tomorrow

Sweet! I don't leave for camp until next weekend. ...

Im excited for it though. Should be fun.

where is it being held at? do you guys get to go to any of the local colleges and play in any tourney's over the summer?

In the words of lilojmayo:

good luck dwight 20-20 all of ish hopes you do well. I remember my team camp i went to back when i used to play HS ball for my school. We came in 2nd at Bob Huggins University of Cincinnati Team Camp a lot of fun.t Hopefully you guys can come in second.

My friend derrick just texted me earlier today saying he was on the summer league mixtape dunking. I used to play one on one with him a lot of course i won the majority of the time lol. I should tell him to have a dunk contest with me and tape it, But my dude Mark would be beat him 100% of the time if he wanted to he is that good.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/photo...id=26280891001

He is at the 1:00 mark he crosses up and dunk and just slams it a nice play, and he is at the very end 2:21 mark kind of hawks it a little for his dunk.