Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by Splitz77
    Only a couple problems with that. I'm a senior first off. I've started the last three years, we just gotta new coach this year and he hates me so he wont play me. Im one of the best players on the team. The most clutch thats for sure. But he would rather lose than play me. I've got limited minutes for the last 8 or so games, but last night he didnt play me at all. and we lost by 1. Im probably not going to quit, because i love the game so much. But it does get frusterating. Oh, the only thing i had left on the team was being a captain, and he took that away from me last night too. Im not a captain anymore.. Yeah, he didnt even tell me either. He had the other captain tell me.

When the refs called for the captains I started walking up and the other captain had to tell me that i was replaced. Embarassing, and frusterating to say the least.

same scenario with me, Im a junior tho. NEVER plays me but I know I can play at a varsity level. I know that I am better than most people on the court but yet he thinks im too inexperienced of some dumb sht. I think I may just quit 2.

Only a couple problems with that. I'm a senior first off. I've started the last three years, we just gotta new coach this year and he hates me so he wont play me. Im one of the best players on the team. The most clutch thats for sure. But he would rather lose than play me. I've got limited minutes for the last 8 or so games, but last night he didnt play me at all. and we lost by 1. Im probably not going to quit, because i love the game so much. But it does get frusterating. Oh, the only thing i had left on the team was being a captain, and he took that away from me last night too. Im not a captain anymore.. Yeah, he didnt even tell me either. He had the other captain tell me.

When the refs called for the captains I started walking up and the other captain had to tell me that i was replaced. Embarassing, and frusterating to say the least.
    Have you tried talking to him? cause thats a little ridiculous.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    Have you tried talking to him? cause thats a little ridiculous.
    Nah, i havent talked to him about it. I think im gonna on monday. If he doesnt give me a straight answer or anything, then im probably gonna quit..

Life In Marvelous Time

Won our first tournament this weekend! None of the teams were really up to our level though, kind of an easy tourney.

First game: Win 100-65.
    My statline - 18 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 turnover
    Second game: Win 102-78
    My statline - 12 points, 11 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 turnover
    Third game: Win 86-64
    My statline - 21 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 turnovers

Pretty much walked through the entire tournament, gives us some confidence going into what will be the toughest tournament we'll ever be in from the 28-30th.

We are now 3-2(10-6).
    My averages:
    17.8 Points
    5.1 Assists
    4.6 Rebounds
    3.3 Turnovers
    Last edited by Big Bang Theory; 12-21-2009 at 02:55 PM.

wow i got a tech in warmups for dunking it today, every other game i dunk it in warmups, and i try to do it as loud and hard as possible lol, but this time it was at our school, and i know the refs were strict so i did some soft dunks, and got a tech. got yelled at by the coach.

Life In Marvelous Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    wow i got a tech in warmups for dunking it today, every other game i dunk it in warmups, and i try to do it as loud and hard as possible lol, but this time it was at our school, and i know the refs were strict so i did some soft dunks, and got a tech. got yelled at by the coach.
    They can tech you before the game even starts? That's really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bang Theory
    They can tech you before the game even starts? That's really stupid.
    Yeah, thats a rule thats been around for quite a while. You cant dunk during warm ups. If we could, i would be dunking on ever lay in.haha. get the crowd hyped cause im only 5'10.5..yeah. .5 ..haha. almost 5'11..

Anyways. I was sick for the last 6 days..had bronchitos, anyways. today was my first day back at practice. Our assitant coach got fired..no idea why. i guess some freshman were complaining..yeah..freshman...haha. anyways, it was rough. i was kinda rusty, still a little sick. so it was a pretty bad day..I still did okay during our scrimage, i didnt score at all. but i had some pretty sweet dimes..

usually refs warn you to stay off the rim before they tech you. it is a rule though. i usually just get up as high as i can and lay it in. and you can dunk at half time of the game before you since the refs arent around.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    usually refs warn you to stay off the rim before they tech you. it is a rule though. i usually just get up as high as i can and lay it in. and you can dunk at half time of the game before you since the refs arent around.
    the first time, i was still getting warmed up so it was one of those 'ure hand was over the rim and u pushd it in, but its not a legit dunk" and i looked at the ref and he looked back, but didnt say anything, just stared back, and the next time i dunked it and he teched me up, ive never even been warned at any other game, where basically i dunk 8 or more times.

the first time, i was still getting warmed up so it was one of those 'ure hand was over the rim and u pushd it in, but its not a legit dunk" and i looked at the ref and he looked back, but didnt say anything, just stared back, and the next time i dunked it and he teched me up, ive never even been warned at any other game, where basically i dunk 8 or more times.
    yeah refs are pretty inconsistent about it. but what usually happens is kids dunk during half time of the c/jv games. you should be allowed to just hold the ball over the rim and set it in though. as long as you dont touch the rim you should be good.

Life In Marvelous Time

Hmm...I'm pretty sure there's no rule on dunking up here. I'm dunking every warmup and throwing them down as hard as I can (I'm 5'11), and 3 of our other players attempt dunks (they're sloppy but they go in) every warmup to.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

bronchitos
    Mmmm... sounds delicious.

Your assistant coach got fired? Because of some freshmen's complaints? He may not be the best coach out there but those guys need to learn that they have to work hard and can't get what they want spoon-fed to them. Was the assistant coach insane or crazy though? If he was, maybe there'd be some reason to him being let go, but if he was simply being a stern coach, then those freshmen are being total *****es.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Mmmm... sounds delicious.

Your assistant coach got fired? Because of some freshmen's complaints? He may not be the best coach out there but those guys need to learn that they have to work hard and can't get what they want spoon-fed to them. Was the assistant coach insane or crazy though? If he was, maybe there'd be some reason to him being let go, but if he was simply being a stern coach, then those freshmen are being total *****es.

Well he was technically our assitant coach, but at practices he was basically the head coach, he did everything. Our head coach is our superintendant so hes like never their. Our assistant coach was kinda hard core though. He wanted us to win, and we were learning a new way of playing. He made us run when we screwed up or thought that we werent giving our all, he called us out if he didnt like what we were doing, and he liked to yell. but we were getting good. and theirs no team tahts more in shape than us.lol. but the freshman didnt like having to work i guess..

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Well he was technically our assitant coach, but at practices he was basically the head coach, he did everything. Our head coach is our superintendant so hes like never their. Our assistant coach was kinda hard core though. He wanted us to win, and we were learning a new way of playing. He made us run when we screwed up or thought that we werent giving our all, he called us out if he didnt like what we were doing, and he liked to yell. but we were getting good. and theirs no team tahts more in shape than us.lol. but the freshman didnt like having to work i guess..
    No offense to them but your freshmen sound like whiny little *****es.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    No offense to them but your freshmen sound like whiny little *****es.
    oh they are. cant stand em.