Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Review of Greg Oden's NBA debut. Also Portland's first game

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    He was cleared to practice in like aug.Get it through ur heads.Go watch amare in the first 2 months from his sergery.He out of shape because he didn't get to go full force in practice until recently.
    didnt oden have his surgery over a year ago? amare was already an established all-star so we all knew how he played and could tell he was shaking off the effects of his surgery, oden hasnt done anything in the league yet, how do you know he's just outta shape opposed to just not bein that good

I'm fine with Oden spraining his leg now. It was incidental, not from just running up and down the floor, Derek Fishers foot got in the way.

If he misses a couple of weeks then he gets to avoid the spot light of playing against the best centers in the league. If not then that is also good because it means he is healthy.

I'm not worried at all anymore. I just hope he is healthy though. I felt tense the whole time Oden was out there. It was almost a relief that he didn't play 30+ minutes yesterday. I mean I'm glued to the screen when he is out there, I can't just sit back and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by crounsa810
    So, my question is why did Portland attempt so many three pointers? Thats what killed them. Seriously, if you miss a lot, stop taking them. Move in a little bit. If they adjusted and stopped trying so many threes, they may not have won but they wouldn't have been beaten by 20.

Oh and Oden is on my fantasy team, so hopefully he comes back soon.
    rudy shot 60% from threes, outlaw also was hitting threes. Why should they stop doing it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by omarnyc
    didnt oden have his surgery over a year ago? amare was already an established all-star so we all knew how he played and could tell he was shaking off the effects of his surgery, oden hasnt done anything in the league yet, how do you know he's just outta shape opposed to just not bein that good
    hmm because i watched him in ohio state and in summer league.Way faster and slimmer.He also wasn't running 1 mph down the floor,his coach says he out of shape,he said he not yet in bb shape, and it's hard to come back from that injury has a rookie.