Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast
    NBA Finals

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

This trade is ok for both team.

While it was dumb to buy-out Antonio's contract (because they need big men), denver gets the PG they need.

Detroit gets the all-star/go-to-guy that every other elite team has (LBJ, Kobe, T-Maculus, Dirk, etc.)

PS: Can someone post the new depth chart

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

the pistons get the best player in the deal but the nuggs get more of what they need.

good trade for both squads.

iverson as a piston is pretty bad ass

So I take it it's an AI/Rip backcourt with Stuckey as the 6th man? I actually sort of like this trade for both teams.

I totally wasn't expecting this....

It would be pretty cool to see AI as a Piston.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Bad trade for the Pistons. This will not improve Detroit's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    If these two teams met in the finals, I wouldn't be shocked.
    Really?

It's shocking for Nuggets to breeze through Western conference finals. If they make playoffs (which is probably 8th seed). They would have to face NO or La Lakers.

I'm not to shock with Detroit. They have a chance of making to the Finals. They have done it many times.

As for the trade. Smart move on nuggets letting go Iverson and adding in Chauncey making Melo's team again.

Great trade for the Nuggets.

Above average trade for the Pistons.

i honestly think with this roster we can compete with utah for the division title. if we can pull it off, we'll get the 4 seed and be playing one of the older teams like san antonio or phoenix. i think it's either 4, 7 or 8 for us.

I can't get over this trade. God damn this makes the Nuggets way better. Watch Billups go up to Melo in the first practice and tell him to get his head out of his a$$. Nuggets won this trade. Iverson is also in the end of his career but no one wants a 6'-0 scoring guard. Detroit will not be making it to the finals.

Of course, the most important aspect of this trade is that it moves G. Karl one more step closer to being fired.

All of a sudden, the Pistons are interesting again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    When was the last time the Nuggets won 50 games before last season?
    '
    What does you comment have to do with me saying the Nuggets lied about committment to winning

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    When was the last time the Nuggets won 50 games before last season?
    @ this argument. Denver won 49 games in the 04-05 season. They won 44 in 05-06 even though Nene missed the whole season and Camby and Martin both played only 56 games.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I can't get over this trade. God damn this makes the Nuggets way better. Watch Billups go up to Melo in the first practice and tell him to get his head out of his a$$. Nuggets won this trade. Iverson is also in the end of his career but no one wants a 6'-0 scoring guard. Detroit will not be making it to the finals.
    Detroit has a 6'7 scoring guard, a 6'0 point guard, and another 6'5 point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    '
    What does you comment have to do with me saying the Nuggets lied about committment to winning
    It sounded as if you were implying that the Pistons were singing the same tune as Denver and in turn lying about the commitment to winning…

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    @ this argument. Denver won 49 games in the 04-05 season. They won 44 in 05-06 even though Nene missed the whole season and Camby and Martin both played only 56 games.
    And the Pistons won the Eastern conference championship in the 04-05 season and won 64 games (league best) in the 05-06 season

The unusual dynamic that is the Detroit Pistons is that they try to deliver a winning basketball team while maintaining fiscal health. Bill Davidson is a very very strict owner especially when it comes to his pocketbook…

And the Pistons won the Eastern conference championship in the 04-05 season and won 64 games (league best) in the 05-06 season
    Which has nothing to do with my post, or yours.

Just because Denver hasn't had a 50 win season in a long time doesn't mean AI had a big impact since they only won 1 more game than they did in 04-05.

Denver has been a winning team ever since Melo got there.