Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

man the raptors winnin streak will end tomorrow

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You cant say bad trade for Detroit when you know damn well AI is not resigning there. $21mil off the books no matter what Detroit does/doesnt do this season. Unless you are convinced not making this trade Detroit would win the NBA finals. Otherwise? Detroit had to shake up this roster, make a move. Joe Dumars saw a chance to get a player to still make them competitive and tough in the East but more importantly? Cap space for bigger/brighter things. Not mad at that. You guys dislike for AI so much you cant even see the trade for what the hell it is. What AI do to you? Pass you up? Ha
    I agree. For myself, I'd say the trade didn't make much sense for a Denver team that was supposedly trying to clear up cap space by shipping off Camby in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    I agree. For myself, I'd say the trade didn't make much sense for a Denver team that was supposedly trying to clear up cap space by shipping off Camby in the summer.
    again, the reason why Camby was shipped off was to make room for JR's new contract which he signed shortly after Camby's trade.

V|iLL|ainy ◊ iLL

Many consider Iverson to be a villain, both fans and media alike. Is this true? Is there validity to the accusations? Bwahahha - you better believe it! To the ignorant, Iverson is a legendary street ball hero, but to the intelligent, AI (no pun intended) is a villain among villains. Certainly the villain of the NBA if there were to be one. Ron Artest? Ricky Davis? Isaiah Rider? Dennis Rodman? Ha! Mere JV tyrants in comparison to the infamous Iverson.

Now, you have Iverson in Detroit! Talk about an unstoppable rebel force! The Detroit bad boys are back, well, more like a bad boy is in Detroit. I always knew villainy blood flowed through the veins of the mastermind behind closed doors, Mr. Joe Dumars!

The press conference has just concluded and Iverson has been presented with his jersey with the number

National High School Star

[QUOTE=Sonic R]The press conference has just concluded and Iverson has been presented with his jersey with the number

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

LOL you knew they were going to crack the pratice jokes at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    LOL you knew they were going to crack the pratice jokes at some point.

I LOL'd when I heard it too

V|iLL|ainy ◊ iLL

Iverson in 1 ... not gully enough. Borderline villainy even. Not a good idea. It will throw his entire game off... it's a mental thing. He'll shoot an even lower percentage now. Detroit, gather up all the masons you can, bricks | bricks | and more bricks coming your way very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak
    again, the reason why Camby was shipped off was to make room for JR's new contract which he signed shortly after Camby's trade.
    That makes even LESS sense... Trade away the only guy on your team that plays defense for yet another gunner? Yeah, he's an explosive scorer, but scoring has not been the problem for this team as anyone with half a mind can clearly see. I could somewhat understand from the standpoint of clearing up cap space to sign a big name FA down the line, but shipping off camby.... because of JR Smith? Really? Wow......

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

That makes even LESS sense... Trade away the only guy on your team that plays defense for yet another gunner? Yeah, he's an explosive scorer, but scoring has not been the problem for this team as anyone with half a mind can clearly see. I could somewhat understand from the standpoint of clearing up cap space to sign a big name FA down the line, but shipping off camby.... because of JR Smith? Really? Wow......
    Wow you really don't follow the nuggets do you?

Please stop getting your facts from worthless espn analysts and do some ****ing research by watching games.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Wow you really don't follow the nuggets do you?

Please stop getting your facts from worthless espn analysts and do some ****ing research by watching games.
    Tell me which "facts" i've gotten from ESPN analysts. I think that it's a universally known fact that the Nuggets don't play any D and that they won 50 games by pretty much outscoring their opponents. By "you don't follow" the nuggets, no I didn't watch all 82 nuggets games last year, but in the 10-15 Nuggets games I saw last year (plus the playoffs), I saw what you are in denial of.
    Last edited by bokes15; 11-04-2008 at 06:50 PM.

NBA Finals

maybe they figured they were gonna have JR longer than they'll have camby and got rid of camby. they also got rid of some cap space.

NBA lottery pick

Sheed and prince dont sound all to happy.bringing in a cancer and a ball hog might do that to people.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    maybe they figured they were gonna have JR longer than they'll have camby and got rid of camby. they also got rid of some cap space.
    you missed my point though. they freed up cap space with the deal, then they take on Billups and his guaranteed 4 years, 46 mill contract which takes him well into his 30's. To me, this type of deal would only make sense if they expect Billups to make them a serious contender, which I don't think will be the case.