Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Default Re: AI for Billups?

AI is a ball hog, only a "F&cking idiot" (as you would say) would dispute that fact. And AI is so old and worn out, he can't play 1 lick of defense, thus why he was the perfect Denver Nugget.

I think you are underrating Chauncey's leadership and defensive ability if you don't think the Nugz are much improved. In today's NBA, it starts at the Point, and the Nugz have always had POOP at the point. now they have something real there.

of course they won't be favorites, but at least they won't end up looking like B*tches getting owned in the playoffs every year. with billups, they can at least put up a fight.

College star

Talking Re: AI for Billups?

The Nuggets are gonna be BOSS. They lost The Answer, but found the "real" answer to their problems.

Certified ISHiot.

will AI play tonight for the pistons? i remember when ricky davis was traded to the wolves he played that same day and dropped over 30 points.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penny4MVP2k
    Who benefits from this trade from a fantasy perspective?

I'm taking JR Smith from Denver and Walter Herrmann from Detroit...

Any input gentlemen?
    J.R. is definetly going to benefit from this for sure. Now, he'll probably get to start, but then again, as long as Karl runs the show, anything can happen. If J.R. does start, then our bench gets worse.

Serious playground baller mswank's Avatar

love it for detroit...don't really get it on the nuggets side of the equation...seems to me like they're blowing it up and starting over again soon..i hope they dont think that this trade made it any more likely of them doing anything this year or next. weird really from them.

as far as motown it's real smart...they dont have to keep ai after this year. he doesnt even have to handle the ball that much this year...he can play 2 easily if thats what they want. he can also play the point well with that much talent around him.

ai-rip-tay-sheed-amir johnson

i mean thats pretty fearsome. that's not even putting stuckey and maxiell in the mix. damn theyre smart.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    will AI play tonight for the pistons? i remember when ricky davis was traded to the wolves he played that same day and dropped over 30 points.
    Definitely not. Maybe sometime next week. Gotta go through all the health checkups and whatnot.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Seems like a lateral move to me.

Remember years ago when AI was going to get traded to Detroit, but Matt Geiger wouldn't veto his trade kicker and the deal never went through. Who'd think he'd eventually make his way back.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
    J.R. is definetly going to benefit from this for sure. Now, he'll probably get to start, but then again, as long as Karl runs the show, anything can happen. If J.R. does start, then our bench gets worse.
    I'm sure Balk/Jones will get more minutes though. It's not THAT bad of a bench...

Could be a good trade for both teams.

Detroit gets a former MVP and one of the most durable and prolific scorers in NBA history to maybe allow them to top the Celtics and get back to Finals. They aren't winning a title with their current lineup, getting a superstar ballhog could be the kind of shakeup they need. Better to try and win now than to let Chauncey, Sheed, and McDyess fade away. They could maybe re-sign AI for a smaller contract after this season and become legit contenders again for a year or two.

For the Nuggets, they get a Colorado native (I think) who is much more of a traditional PG to handle Melo, JR, Nene, and that Russian mob enforcer guy. And he can still score and defend well. Melo and AI sort of cancel each other out, you don't really need two #1 options like that, both don't do that much without the ball in their hands. This allows Melo to be the focus of the team once again, and will hopefully develop into more of a leader.

The two players are of comparable age, so the threat of decline is equal, and neither has a problem with injuries, Billups because he's smart, AI because he is a freak of nature. I don't know the contract situation, but on paper it looks good for both teams.

Congratulations to the Nuggets fans, your team is now locked for a play-off tickets and the chance to make the 2nd round is also bright.

Great move for Denver. Now they can start a big backcourt of Billups/Smith instead of a mini-me backcourt of Iverson/Carter?. This makes a huge difference defensively. Great trade.

not sure what Dumars is up to.

is AI the PG?

AI
    Rip
    Tayshaun
    Amir
    Sheed?

Or is Stuck the PG?

Stuck
    AI
    Rip
    Prince
    Sheed

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    is AI the PG?

AI
    Rip
    Tayshaun
    Amir
    Sheed?

Or is Stuck the PG?

Stuck
    AI
    Rip
    Prince
    Sheed
    That second unit is not going to work. Way too undersized

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

I don't know the contract situation, but on paper it looks good for both teams.
    AI expires after this season (22 million or something like that) and Billups has about 3-4 more years (I think 4) left on his contract, but I am not sure what the money is.