Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: AI for Billups?

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Could be a good trade for both teams.

Detroit gets a former MVP and one of the most durable and prolific scorers in NBA history to maybe allow them to top the Celtics and get back to Finals. They aren't winning a title with their current lineup, getting a superstar ballhog could be the kind of shakeup they need. Better to try and win now than to let Chauncey, Sheed, and McDyess fade away. They could maybe re-sign AI for a smaller contract after this season and become legit contenders again for a year or two.

For the Nuggets, they get a Colorado native (I think) who is much more of a traditional PG to handle Melo, JR, Nene, and that Russian mob enforcer guy. And he can still score and defend well. Melo and AI sort of cancel each other out, you don't really need two #1 options like that, both don't do that much without the ball in their hands. This allows Melo to be the focus of the team once again, and will hopefully develop into more of a leader.

The two players are of comparable age, so the threat of decline is equal, and neither has a problem with injuries, Billups because he's smart, AI because he is a freak of nature. I don't know the contract situation, but on paper it looks good for both teams.
    Exactly. We weren't getting it done with Iverson for whatever reasons, so why not take a gamble early in the season to see if some more chemistry will spark with a true PG.

College superstar

Default Re: Report: Nuggets may trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Bosh will look nice in a Detroit uniform.

Default Re: Report: Nuggets may trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

horrible trade for detroit. iverson is nothing more than a chucker who plays absolutely no defense. i cant believe dumars did this.

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    And the Raptors would never trade him for anybody on Detroit.

What is the point of even mentioning that? There is no way that it happens. The only way you see Bosh in a Detroit uniform is if the picture is photoshopped.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Don't act like Billups was a finals MVP last year, he himself has declined as well. Billups has been dissapointing the past few seasons.
    The Nuggets are still getting more for him from the Pistons than the Sixers got from the Nuggets.

Either way, I wouldn't trade a pair of old socks for Iverson, so I'm surprised to see someone would offer a former All-Star.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

BOO! I don't like this trade. It makes Denver better, and that could be bad for Portland's playoff hopes.

Wait, is this ACTUALLY happening? I didn't realize how far along it was.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Hopefully this trade isn't finalized until tomorrow night. It would be nice for the Raptors to play a Pistons team on Wednesday without Billups or Iverson.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    AI is a ball hog, only a "F&cking idiot" (as you would say) would dispute that fact. And AI is so old and worn out, he can't play 1 lick of defense, thus why he was the perfect Denver Nugget.
    There's no point in "disputing facts" with a proven troll. Try watching some of the Nugget games will ya? In fact, go look up his game in the last 3 that he played and tell me how much of a ballhog he really is again.
    And I love the "he can't play 1 lick of defense". Right, as if he just stands there picking his nose or takes a nap on the defensive end during games.

411:
    I have a source that says

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    horrible trade for detroit. iverson is nothing more than a chucker who plays absolutely no defense. i cant believe dumars did this.
    Still bitter huh?

I think Iverson will enjoy the rest he is going to get in Detroit, lots of players moving in and out of the rotation...the M. Curry balanced attack plan, is working well so far.

Billups gets Denver into the playoffs...I don't think they were headed there this year...as is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

[QUOTE=Sonic R]411:
    I have a source that says

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    bosh, wade, or Bron

but will these stars want to go to Detroit (knowing the city and the weather)?

the funny thing is now the Pistons won't be able to rebound at all!

you can't win ish without rebounding the ball. Amir will have to become Dwight Howard for the Pistons to have any chance of postseason success.

Decent playground baller

notta bad trade for both teams. i dont like the trade at all but it helps both teams

detroit gets a superstar caliber scorer in ai, and detroit did need a superstar on their team after all and now they have it.

denver gets billups whos better at defense and playmaking and not as good fo a scorer as ai, he still a good one

and dice gives them a defensive big.

good move for detroit finding superstar and denver for adding defense. both teams still aint gonna win a title but should be better, at least on paper.

detroit have amir, walter, etc to fill dice's void. amir breakout season can be this season now that dice is gone.