Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: Official Nightly game thread.

What the hell happened? Diaw had 26/10/3, who was guarding him? Anyone? Or did we just have four guys on and let Diaw roam free, the guy hit 4 of 4 from beyond the arc.

We've got the Lakers and then Dallas next. We're going to have to play hard defense and move the ball well on offense to even stand a chance. We beat LA last year, in a very heated game (Darko had a 20/10 game), but they are much better from then.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Rudy tried to be the hero tonight taking a quick three with 30+ seconds tonight and failed.

Mayo played well. He got others involved and was clutch down the stretch but he had too many TOs in the fourth. He needs to take better care of the ball.

I was expecting a blowout, but we played hard throughout the game. We're not going to make the playoffs so all I want to see from this team every night is them competing and playing hard and they did that tonight.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Rudy tried to be the hero tonight taking a quick three with 30+ seconds tonight and failed.

Mayo played well. He got others involved and was clutch down the stretch but he had too many TOs in the fourth. He needs to take better care of the ball.

I was expecting a blowout, but we played hard throughout the game. We're not going to make the playoffs so all I want to see from this team every night is them competing and playing hard and they did that tonight.

some go in some dont...

rudy gay had a great night good to see him get a few boards

I am Chris Wilcox

Rudy just couldn't get it going in the fourth. He had 23 points on 10-14 shooting at the end of the third and he finished the game with 23 points on 10-18 shooting. He should have been more assertive and played a bigger role in the fourth, maybe that 3 pointer with 30 secs left woul have fallen if Gay was hitting a few shots before. Other than the TOs and that awkward 3 point shot near the end of the game, Gay played pretty damn well.

Darko played well adding 11/8, I think it was. He played some nice defense, but sometimes the game got away from him. Lowry also had a nice game, getting 6/4/7. Also, the guards and swingmen really need to get the ball into Gasol. I'm sure I seen the ball go to Darko more than Gasol, it needs to be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Rudy just couldn't get it going in the fourth. He had 23 points on 10-14 shooting at the end of the third and he finished the game with 23 points on 10-18 shooting. He should have been more assertive and played a bigger role in the fourth, maybe that 3 pointer with 30 secs left woul have fallen if Gay was hitting a few shots before. Other than the TOs and that awkward 3 point shot near the end of the game, Gay played pretty damn well.

Darko played well adding 11/8, I think it was. He played some nice defense, but sometimes the game got away from him. Lowry also had a nice game, getting 6/4/7. Also, the guards and swingmen really need to get the ball into Gasol. I'm sure I seen the ball go to Darko more than Gasol, it needs to be the other way around.
    Yes, Gasol has been in an awful slump, but he'll never break out of it if he doesn't get his touches.

Wait guys, this was a game against the Lakers. We were supposed to lose big time. We showed we can ride with them big players.

I'm still pissed off that we lost by 29 at home to the pussycats and their croissant chucking power forward

I am Chris Wilcox

Does anyone know why Darrell Arthur didn't play? He was suited up and ready to play, but he never seen the court. I thought he might have been able to provide some help D for Darko and/or Gasol to stop Pau and Bynum.

Anyway, yeah, I was mightly surprised that we were able to play that well against the Lakers. Let's hope we give the Mavs a run for their money tonight.

And we lose again to the Mavs. Have we beaten them since they drafted Dirk?

Gasol got only 16 minutes

We could have beat the Spurs if Rudy would have got going.

I am Chris Wilcox

Rudy was just not there after the first quarter. It was like playing with only four guys when he was on the court. He showed no leadership, no confidence and showed almost no interest in the game. Why Iavaroni wanted to put the ball in Rudy's hands with 13.5 seconds left, I don't know, he wasted a few seconds before giving it to Mayo, who then got fouled, but nothing was called. The play should've been drawn up for Mayo, he was on fire and was always hitting the big shot. The result may have been different if the play was for OJ and not Rudy.

If we only had Darko, he would have limited Duncan last night.

Learning to shoot layups

its all on the coach he called a play for mike conley he got into the paint and tossed it back to gasol.oj was hot all game play should have been called for him or rudy.conley cant shoot,play defense or score in the paint.i dont know what everybody who likes him so much sees in him.when hes in the game he dribles the ball until the shot clock is under 10 sec almost every time.he reminds me of brevin knight someone on the team needs to speak up.what a great 4th pick

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by derf
    its all on the coach he called a play for mike conley he got into the paint and tossed it back to gasol.oj was hot all game play should have been called for him or rudy.conley cant shoot,play defense or score in the paint.i dont know what everybody who likes him so much sees in him.when hes in the game he dribles the ball until the shot clock is under 10 sec almost every time.he reminds me of brevin knight someone on the team needs to speak up.what a great 4th pick
    No it's not.

Darko out 4-6 weeks. We're going to have a tough time guarding both Amare and Shaq on Tuesday. Also Steve Francis has been cleared to play Tuesday.