Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone here still think the Pistons get better after the Trade?

Quote Originally Posted by copper
    If youre gonna count solely the record? wait til the end of the season and see where the 2 teams end up. If you go by that scenario alone? what happens if the Nuggets end up winning 10 more games than the Pistons and get bumped in the first round of the playoffs, and detroit gets to the ecf or finals? will the extra 10 games the Nugs won still mean theyre the winners of the trade?
    I am saying this because I never solely judge teams based on win loss records. Some teams face tougher schedules, have chemistry issues, injuries, I preffer to look at how teams are playing regardless of win/loss. Some teams are alot better than their record would indicate. and some teams have rediculous records and I think they are soft.
    obviously the pistons have a way better chance of making it past round 1. they could face the hawks...denver will get the spurs, suns, mavs, jazz or portland most likely.

that doesnt define which side did better.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    That is bull ****. This trade did exactly what it was supposed to for Detroit. The fact of the matter is they now have room for Stuckey to improve (and wow has he improved) and have a huge exierer for the summer. The fact is Denver is still destined for an early playoff exit (they can't beat NO, SA, LA), while the Pistons is looking at their regular playoff run (no championship though), while they well be completely ready for a future run.

At least with Iverson coming off the books this summer Denver could have pursued another player for the future now they are stuck with the team they got. And without a coaching change and an additional solid player they aren't getting over the championship hump.
    speaking of bull ****...

if we let AI walk we would have gained NO cap space and could have signed NO ONE with his lost salary (except with our MLE). at least we got a good player in CB.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    obviously the pistons have a way better chance of making it past round 1. they could face the hawks...denver will get the spurs, suns, mavs, jazz or portland most likely.

that doesnt define which side did better.
    neither does comparing records against different teams. So as I said, we can judge on length of playoff run??? or the way the teams are playing on the court???? it is a very difficult comparison

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by copper
    neither does comparing records against different teams. So as I said, we can judge on length of playoff run??? or the way the teams are playing on the court???? it is a very difficult comparison
    but you gotta look even past that to decide who the "winner" will be. Denver could do better in the playoffs than detroit this year but pistons could sign a good player with the AI savings and have better seasons in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
    but you gotta look even past that to decide who the "winner" will be. Denver could do better in the playoffs than detroit this year but pistons could sign a good player with the AI savings and have better seasons in the future.
    and yet another determining factor to the trade...there are the future scenarios

I see the Pistons window closing fast. They can do anything in the playoffs though. I say ride it out and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150
    I see the Pistons window closing fast. They can do anything in the playoffs though. I say ride it out and hope for the best.
    The window closed on the championship team and was closing quickly on last years team. Until the trade, the trade brought in a proven scorer that may help in the playoffs to get us through the scoring draughts that have become too farmiliar. It also Moved Stuckey into the starting lineup, anyone that hasnt seen him yet take a look Im sure if ya do you will see why Billups was expendable. It also gives Joe the opportunity to clear cash after the season to go after any top free agent he wants. In essence...keeps us competetive for the current season with potential to go deep, while giving us opportunity to improve the next couple years. Joe also has a handful of draft picks built up for the next couple seasons. I love the fact that Joe has kept the Pistons near the top since the ship...and we have the possibility to remain there without having the drastic drop off that most teams have gone through due to rebuilding.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Take your bull **** statistics and throw them out the door nerd. The Nuggets have gotten better from last year with this trade. And in time the Pistons will too.
    Damn...you're right. I'll just listen to message board fan boys, instead of seeing what is actually happening. Detroit has collapsed (for now) and Denver made a lateral move, at best. But hey, you're right -- maybe things will improve. Maybe the Finals will be Spurs vs. Atlanta.

College star

Detroit with the win tonight vs Denver

Bump!!!

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    speaking of bull ****...

if we let AI walk we would have gained NO cap space and could have signed NO ONE with his lost salary (except with our MLE). at least we got a good player in CB.
    +1

Isn't it funny when people discuss cap issues without understanding the team's cap situation, and the nature and laws of the salary cap??

Decent college freshman

Bump , LO ****ING L!

Did detroit lose the trade??? We will know about it based on who they will sign in the summer . They need players in frontcourt. Now if they got boozer.. Billups for boozer is a steal!

Did denver win the trade? They did it to go to second round playoffs ( based on karl and denver nuggets organization words). If they dont, either karl gets fired or melo gets traded( pretty stupid imo) ..
    The major improvement everybody been talking about for denver earlier in the year is over. They are losing game after game now. Heck Sacramento beat them now.

nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

they got back to the same level after benching the dude they got in return for trading away their starting PG

verdict: BAD trade