Banned

Default Golden State Not Interested In Gerald Wallace

The Warriors, sources say, are not interested in absorbing the contract of Charlotte's very available Gerald Wallace, seeing little need for Wallace (and the four seasons left on his contract after this one at a cost of $38 million) when they have Corey Maggette and the soon-to-be-extended Stephen Jackson.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-081108-09

Maybe I don't view Wallace the same way that Mullin views Wallace but I still believe that Wallace is a Shawn Marion-type SF/PF hybrid who could cause defensive mismatches at the 4 on offense and be a terror in transition on defense due to his ability to get steals and block shots.

PG-Ellis
    SG-Jackson
    SF-Maggette
    PF-Wallace
    C-Biedrins

I don't see how this team can't duplicate their success from last season with a lineup like that.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Golden State Not Interested In Gerald Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    PG-Ellis
    SG-Jackson
    SF-Maggette
    PF-Wallace
    C-Biedrins

I don't see how this team can't duplicate their success from last season with a lineup like that.
    And that's why you're not an NBA Gm

Maybe I don't view Wallace the same way that Mullin views Wallace but I still believe that Wallace is a Shawn Marion-type SF/PF hybrid who could cause defensive mismatches at the 4 on offense and be a terror in transition on defense due to his ability to get steals and block shots.

PG-Ellis
    SG-Jackson
    SF-Maggette
    PF-Wallace
    C-Biedrins

Gerald Wallace would be awesome in golden state...

Lose Baron Davis, sign Maggette to a dumbass contract and don't like gerald. Go figure

Chris Mullin was a sick player, but he's not a very good GM at all...

The moment he gets cap space, he has to go out and chuck out all of his money ASAP at players like Maggette, what's up with that? They have Jackson and Harrington, why did they need Maggette exactly? It doesn't make sense to me.

And now they can get Wallace, would would work really well for them, better than Maggette, and they say no...I don't really get it.

wade=mvp

anyway a marion for wallace swap?

Quote Originally Posted by lil baller
    Does Miami intend on playing Beasley at the 3 or the 4? I'm kind of confused on that. He seems to be a tweener...

If they want him to play the 4, it'd be a great deal. If not, then I wouldn't and hold off and wait to sign a PF.

Quote Originally Posted by lil baller
    Not straight up, because of the salary mismatch. Most realistic would be something like Gerald Wallace + Nazr Mohammed for Shawn Marion.
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...4~30&te=&cash=

Bobcats would only do that if Larry Brown keeps complaining about the talent, and/or Pat Riley is a magician.

I think Gerald Wallace would be a great pick up in Portland.

Steve Blake
    Brandon Roy
    Gerald Wallace
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Greg Oden

You replace Batum, a rookie, who has good perimeter defense but no real offensive game as of yet because he is so raw. They have pieces to trade like Sergio Rodriguez, and Raef LaFrentz' expiring $12 million contract and TRavis Outlaw could even be on the trading block with the emergance of Batum and Fernandez plus Webster coming back from injury later in the season.

Personally there are only a few small forwards in the NBA that I feel could compliment this Portland roster and they are Tayshaun Prince, Josh Smith (plays power forward in Atlanta but I call him a combo forward), and Gerald Wallace.

wade=mvp

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Not straight up, because of the salary mismatch. Most realistic would be something like Gerald Wallace + Nazr Mohammed for Shawn Marion.
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...4~30&te=&cash=

Bobcats would only do that if Larry Brown keeps complaining about the talent, and/or Pat Riley is a magician.
    i do it but hopefully micheal hates wallace so he will leave...more size for miami, keep blout off the court, and marion is not doing well in miami and wallace(i think,doesnt mean much but anyways)will do better in miami than marion, the only promblem is wallace has a long contract
    Last edited by lil baller; 11-09-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Well pretty much for the short term... Riley & Arison would have to be sold on the Wade/Wallace/Beasley trio able to carry them into the deep playoffs to do a deal like this.

They'd still be relying on older veteran centers (Mohammed, Blount, Magloire) but I think the team still gets better. But like I said, a deal like this is not probable at all unless Bobcats really, really want to free up cap space. The main selling point is they'd be getting out of two semi-bad contracts and getting an expirer who can still contribute this season as a starter.

NBA lottery pick

PG-Ellis
    SG-Jackson
    SF-Maggette
    PF-Wallace
    C-Biedrins

That's because you're a moron. Wallace is in NO way, shape, or form, a PF. In fact, too much banging inside is the reason for 3 concussions in 3 years.

Not only would GS get beat up in the paint (they will anyways, Nellie ball is guaranteed to get you nowhere in the playoffs), but Wallace's health would be at further risk and he isn't anywhere near large enough.

And to be honest, you'd have to be a pretty big gambling GM to give much of value to a guy who will be in retirement the first time he gets a good knock in the head.

Mathius

NBA sixth man of the year

Well, there go my dreams of acquiring Belinelli.

Banned

PG-Ellis
    SG-Jackson
    SF-Maggette
    PF-Wallace
    C-Biedrins

Lol @ Wallace playing the PF position. At best he could have started over Maggette, while Maggette brought scoring off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Gerald Wallace would be awesome in golden state...

Lose Baron Davis, sign Maggette to a dumbass contract and don't like gerald. Go figure
    No ****.

Wallace would be great in Nellie's system, what a joke. They could potentially get a HUGE steal by dealing Al for Wallace, but they're gonna say no???

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Well, there go my dreams of acquiring Belinelli.
    And there goes my dreams of acquiring Wallace.