Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Exclamation LilOJMayo Gets His First Taste Going Up Against South Carolina D-1 Players Today.

OK today at open gym 2 South Carolina gamecocks were there, and 3 players who were in Junior COllege that are transferring to SC next year to play basketball were there so 5 D-1 Players.

My Y team was there practice, and anybody who knows me knows how i hate practice. Since i am a competitior even tho im really lazy we played against them 5 vs 5. Heres how it went

i recognized the PG and one of the wing players from SC rosters. I would say the PG was 5'9 max, but he was listed at 6'0ft. thats a crime.

the other dude who was like 2inches taller than me prolly 6'6 was listed at 6'7 which is not too bad.

another dude was like 6'2.5 he looked like Chris Douglas Roberts.
    then there were like two were like 6'6 dudes.

k lets just get we lost everygame. I played hella well tho like i was differently almost at their level. They were faster than me, but im not that fast in the halfcourt game only like on fastbreaks or if i get the length of the court to start running. Vertically in the Air i was up with them they were just better dunkers, but i think my vert was about theres. Like the dude i was guarding kept doing killer crossovers he did an inside outside then crossed it hard shook me twice and he dunked it hard both times, but the next 2 times he tried it, i had my hands ready for it in the crossing lanes and stole it. Also i was out rebounding all of the wing guys like the guy i was guarding was a 1 leg jumper like the dude was LBJ windmiling taking off like 10ft out. Both of 2 feet i had him beat even tho he had 2 inches on me i got alot of offensive boards.

On offense tho like when i got the
    rebound and decided to take it coast to coast the dude was following me but i was at his speed tho and i layup that shyt up high.

I blocked the lil PG a few times when we switched of a pick and roll

we didnt loose by much tho by the way i kept our team in it
    we played to 12 almost all the games were like 12-9 pretty much.

Then they asked me to join the only one out of my friends to join them on 1 on 1
    heres how it went its like if you score you stay if you get scored on you go to the back of the line.

this is were i really got to evaluate my game and theirs ok here goes.

The 1 on 1 Tournament

The 6'2-6'3 dude was the strongest out of all of them went i went up against him he already had 3 wins 8 wins wins it all. he tried to big boy me but i blocked him because i have long arms and im good at timing. Then i was wet on him hit like a 16 fter in his eye. Then one of the 6'6 dude guards me I was in triple threat, but i realized that i couldnt explode past any of them when i dont have a full head of steam, ive never experience that b4 like i tried but they were to quick. That's one thing i saw that i wasnt on the D-1 Level i couldnt explode of a triple threat to get past my man or on a crossover basically i dont have the lateral quickness for that level. I mean playing against the white folks im more athletic than most of them so that has never happened before. And because i could explode past them. I to settle for difficult pull up fadeaways, my shots wet tho i was prolly the second best shooter out of all of them besides the PG.

When i went up against the PG, he was so quick, but the dude was tiny there is no way he going to get any I blocked him a few times on 5 on 5 and blocked him on 1 on 1 i just backed him down he was stronger than me im not that strong, but my high advantage was to much i just got the rebound and put it up on him. I started picking up wins, the 6'3 dude was getting a lil pissed. He stopped me then he went off triple threat and exploded off of it then i was trailing him i tried to jump with him and FAIL GOT DUNKED ON. that dude took off. I was pissed because i had 7 wins all i needed was one more. Then that dude pretty much took over from there and won. They gave me props went we were done, they told me i should work on my speed which was obvious, and attacking the rim hard. They said they liked my vertical, but i should use it more, then just on break away or if i have a full set of steam. They stress explosiveness and speed to me.

yeah we was all dunking usually when i play im the only dude who will dunk and ill dunk about 1-5 times during when we play all our games for the day so 5 dunks is our max. Today i had 1 dunk, but honestly they had to have thrown in down out of the 4 games we played against them about like prolly 20x

IF you dont want to read all thats Key Points

1. Basketball wise like fundamentals shooting, passing, ball handling, vertical jump. Im at a D-1 Level no doubt. Thats why i could hang with them

2. My lateral quickness, and half court quickness, and offf the triple threat was poor couldnt get around any of them.

right now tho im at a Benchwarmer D-1 Level Player. I dont ever practice and do shyt anymore. If i had a work ethic from middle school thru high school there is no doubt i could play D-1 Ball.
    Last edited by lilojmayo; 01-02-2009 at 11:58 PM.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Default Re: LilOJMayo Gets His First Taste Going Up Against South Carolina D-1 Players Today.

LilOJMayo Gets His First Taste Going Up Against South Carolina D-1 Players Today.

first off, no homo, second of all, VID OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN .

Banned

Default Re: LilOJMayo Gets His First Taste Going Up Against South Carolina D-1 Players Today.

Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
    first off, no homo, second of all, VID OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN .

i usually dont fail you guys, when it comes to pictures. I dont have any though. I didnt have my sidekick. They were taking videos tho on their cell phone tho maybe they will put it on utube, i didnt act for their numbers because that would be homo.

they were record themselves b4 the 1 on 1 game happened they were dunking. Hard dunks all of them could dunk even the 5'9 dude he got up. My hands were all cut up from dunking. I was just dunking hard nothing fancy. They however, were throwing oops from the top of the overhead track so when the ball bounces back its like 11 ft in the air and they were trying to catch it, they were close to getting it but i didnt c one do it. They had the windmill etc etc. It was a cool experience.

I really wished i brought my camera. If i knew they were going to be there i would have. Im sorry i dont bring cameras to my Y and younglife practices.

But yes after that experiences i dont c how i cant dropped 50 points.

my friend taylor who is also playing younglife is on a different team we have a 5 dollar bet that his team will hold me under 30 pts.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    i usually dont fail you guys, when it comes to pictures. I dont have any though. I didnt have my sidekick. They were taking videos tho on their cell phone tho maybe they will put it on utube, i didnt act for their numbers because that would be homo.

they were record themselves b4 the 1 on 1 game happened they were dunking. Hard dunks all of them could dunk even the 5'9 dude he got up. My hands were all cut up from dunking. I was just dunking hard nothing fancy. They however, were throwing oops from the top of the overhead track so when the ball bounces back its like 11 ft in the air and they were trying to catch it, they were close to getting it but i didnt c one do it. They had the windmill etc etc. It was a cool experience.

I really wished i brought my camera. If i knew they were going to be there i would have. Im sorry i dont bring cameras to my Y and younglife practices.

But yes after that experiences i dont c how i cant dropped 50 points.

my friend taylor who is also playing younglife is on a different team we have a 5 dollar bet that his team will hold me under 30 pts.
    Sorry man it's good to be confident but after reading that and hearing your weaknesses, I seriously doubt you could drop 50 on D-1 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Sorry man it's good to be confident but after reading that and hearing your weaknesses, I seriously doubt you could drop 50 on D-1 players.

no drop 50 in my younglife or ymca team taylor doesnt play college ball he is a senior.

he really good also

he said he going to try and walk on on Wright State's team next year. He prolly wont get on tho since only like 1-2 walk ons make it. But he can make the practice squad tho prolly

Default Re: LilOJMayo Gets His First Taste Going Up Against South Carolina D-1 Players Today

Um lilojmayo...

The Gamecocks were playing against Baylor University in Waco, Texas today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=290020239

Default Re: LilOJMayo Gets His First Taste Going Up Against South Carolina D-1 Players Today

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Um lilojmayo...

The Gamecocks were playing against Baylor University in Waco, Texas today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=290020239

They were JUCO transfers who are playing for the gamecocks next year.

i thought i recognized 2 of them tho their PG and wing man

the PG had the same facial hair, and so did the wing man and the same skin complexion and roughly the same height so i guess they already were on the team. I guess then they were all JUCO transfers over to SC

What's D-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    What's D-1?
    Division 1

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    They were JUCO transfers who are playing for the gamecocks next year.
    I doubt that too. The Gamecocks have 2 commitments for next year, both high school seniors. No juco transfers are even considering them, and if they were there wouldn't be 5 of them.

Either you're lying, or you got lied to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    What's D-1?
    Division 1...its the top level of college ball. There are D1-D2 and D3. D2 is full of wack schools with no reputation but give schlorships. D3 gives no schloarships but has some nice academic schools. D1 gives full rides.

Are you talking about your YMCA team or something....Do you play AAU or high school...Shouldnt you be having practice for school now?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I doubt that too. The Gamecocks have 2 commitments for next year, both high school seniors. No juco transfers are even considering them, and if they were there wouldn't be 5 of them.

Either you're lying, or you got lied to.
    thats what i was thinking 5 is alot maybe some are going to play there for sure, some might be walking on, some on the practice squad.

they told me and my friends they were transfers tho. I didnt ask many questions because im a firm believer in the old saying " dont start shyt they wont be shyt" they were better than D-II tho because one of my friends that was a senior when i was a freshman got a scholarship for D-II Capitol University and I played against him recently and im better than him. Those guys were better than him so they had to be D-I

NBA lottery pick

I just wish you were division 1 english so I could read some of this without going cross eyed.

Mathius