Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in the nfl.

I admit I was wrong...Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    I admit I was wrong...Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in the NFL.

He's the best at the moment, yes. We have to wait until next year, so we know this isn't a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    He's the best at the moment, yes. We have to wait until next year, so we know this isn't a fluke.
    What the hell are you talking about? Fluke? Fitz didnt just come out of nowhere. He has been a beast from Day 1 and continues to get better.

Serious playground baller ndPac's Avatar

I'm definitely buying this jersey, and also Boldin in red.
    Might wanna hold off on that Boldin in red...more than likely he WILL NOT be on the Cardinals next year. Nothing more I hate than wasting $80+ on a jersey when the guy is no longer on the team after I bought it

He's already had two seasons of 100+ catches and 10+ receptions before this season. That's even with inconsistency at the quarterback spot up until this season.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Did you even read the link I posted? Come on, -pt-...
    yes I did...

I even replied to it...

that looks like a guide line for OCs to me...not WRs

can you show me the web site where you got that or was it just some link off of google?

-primetime-

He is no fluke...

but I want to wait until next year as well to make sure my theory that Moss will blow his numbers away and remind everyone that he is Moss doesn't come true first...

*given that Brady is healthy

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    He is no fluke...

but I want to wait until next year as well to make sure my theory that Moss will blow his numbers away and remind everyone that he is Moss doesn't come true first...

*given that Brady is healthy
    Moss vs. Fitzgerald is like Kobe vs. Lebron...

Moss has more experience, broke records, is absolutely ridiculous and can't be covered when he gets "hot", has the finess game, better scorer, faster(LBJ is faster but young Kobe is quicker than him)...

Fitzgerald is the young lion, has the younger legs, bigger, stronger, turning into an absolute beast, more well rounded(can run outside, through the middle, can block better, just like LBJ is better at assists and boards)...

And lastly, no one can decide which one is clearly better...

Local High School Star TakitoEspanoza's Avatar

Learn NFL b4 posting again about it.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Moss vs. Fitzgerald is like Kobe vs. Lebron...

Moss has more experience, broke records, is absolutely ridiculous and can't be covered when he gets "hot", has the finess game, better scorer, faster(LBJ is faster but young Kobe is quicker than him)...

Fitzgerald is the young lion, has the younger legs, bigger, stronger, turning into an absolute beast, more well rounded(can run outside, through the middle, can block better, just like LBJ is better at assists and boards)...

[COLOR="Red"]And lastly, no one can decide which one is clearly better[/COLOR]...
    I agree....right now...it is all opinions at this point.

I am just betting those opinions change drastically when Brady comes back...

Local High School Star TakitoEspanoza's Avatar

Fitzgerald would have those numbers as well if he had the BEST QB this generation throwing passes to him.

Brady may not be back till 2010 anyways.

For Moss/Kobe, everyone doubts him until the "old school Moss/Kobe" shows up and rapes everyone and reminds people that he still is the master...they both have shadier pasts and character questions...

Seems like Fitz is the "new" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza
    Fitzgerald would have those numbers as well if he had the BEST QB this generation throwing passes to him.

Brady may not be back till 2010 anyways.
    You think it will take him that long to heal?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

yes I did...

I even replied to it...

that looks like a guide line for OCs to me...not WRs

can you show me the web site where you got that or was it just some link off of google?
    It is a manual created by the Ohio High School Coaches Association. Keep in mind the phrase 'high school.' This is how advanced high school football is right now... Just imagine the NFL.

It is a manual showing coaches the best ways in which they can teach WRs how to read defenses and when their routes are hot.

Hell... take a look at the opening paragraphs...

Defensive backs are doing a better job at recognizing tendencies of wide receivers and breaking to the reception point. Defenses are becoming better at pattern reading and reading the footwork of the quarterback. With these new challenges and sophisticated defenses, I feel it is important for receivers to recognize when to run an assigned hot route. In order to do this they must:

1. Learn Coverages
    2. Understand the drops of the underneath coverage.
    3. Learn how to recognize blitz keys.

With a good basic understanding of these keys, your wide receivers should be able to identify (pre-snap) if they will be the hot receiver or not.
    http://www.ohsfca.org/Burn_the%20_bl...th_WR_play.pdf

Then, there is this...

Once your WR has applied the DEL philosophy, he should know what the coverage may be along with identifying if he is the hot receiver or not. His next objective is to identify the 1st LB in the box. (DIA.3) The term it takes 2 is constantly being used. We are running hot if the SS/OLB and 1st LB in the box blitzes to his side. He’s taught to key the 1st LB in the box. As he releases vertically, if the SS/OLB crosses his face; he runs his hot route. (DIA.4& 5) As mentioned earlier, our hot route depends on your athletes along with what you may see on a weekly basis. The speed out allows the wide receiver to stay away from dropping DL, and also in case our receiver reads it wrong; he doesn’t run into an inside LB. (DIA.6)

A slant read allows the receiver to adjust if one of his reads doesn’t come. (DIA.7) He can now slant inside and keep the route skinny if one of his reads doesn’t blitz. The blitz replace is a great answer when you anticipate both reads coming. (DIA.8) This gives you a chance to run directly into the void with the possibility of a huge gain.

A change up to that can be incorporated is, allowing your outside receiver to be hot on certain plays. (DIA.9) Allow him to take a seam release inside for approximately 3-5 yards. His reads are the same as for an inside WR. If his reads decide not to blitz, then he continues vertical and runs his assigned route. It is essential to remember to run your inside WR on a route that allows him not to be in the throwing lane if the blitz occurs.
    You still do not believe that receivers have to be able to read defenses and adjust routes depending on blitzing packages or a lack thereof? This is a manual for HIGH SCHOOL and hot/option routes are still used. On the professional level, multiply this by 1,000,000x.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It is a manual created by the Ohio High School Coaches Association. Keep in mind the phrase 'high school.' This is how advanced high school football is right now... Just imagine the NFL.

It is a manual showing coaches the best ways in which they can teach WRs how to read defenses and when their routes are hot.

Hell... take a look at the opening paragraphs...

http://www.ohsfca.org/Burn_the%20_bl...th_WR_play.pdf

Then, there is this...

You still do not believe that receivers have [COLOR="Red"]to be able to read defenses and adjust routes depending on blitzing packages or a lack thereof?[/COLOR] This is a manual for HIGH SCHOOL and hot/option routes are still used. On the professional level, multiply this by 1,000,000x.
    NOT AT THE LINE!!!!

there is NOTHING there that says anything about a WR calling an audible...

this is talking about reading the defense and then adjusting to it [COLOR="Black"]LATER IN THE GAME!!![/COLOR]

maybe the next play...but not RIGHT THEN AND THERE...

they read the defense and see that the CB is giving too much cussion...so the OC adjusts the routes to take advantage of that...

like I said when I first read tht thing....it looks to be a manual for OCs...not WRs