Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Best Starting Five in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    What is your obsession with white NBA players? BTW doesn't euro players = white? The '08 Celtics only have advantages on the SG spot and arguably the PF spot.

C - Parish > Perkins
    PF - McHale < Garnett (by a hair)
    SF - Bird > Pierce
    SG - Ainge < Allen
    PG - DJ > Rondo

PG: DJ>Rondo
    SG: Allen>Ainge
    SF: Pierce>Bird
    PF: KG>Mchale
    C: Parish>Perkins

Even if you think Bird>Pierce, collectively KG+Pierce+Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mchale+bird+ain ge. And it's not even close - im being dead serious.

KG's impact is huge in a game, he commands a double team and is simply unstoppable 1 on 1. Mchale is laughable compared to KG, I cannot belive anyone would think they are a hair of difference, that is just pathetic.

Of course european players are white, but I am saying why don't you ask yourself why there arent' that many succesfful american collegiate players in the NBA or american white playersin general? the level of athelticism is just too high that is why.

2008 Celtics would sweep 80's Celtics no contest. I am being dead serious. At worse it would be 4-1.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

LMAO if you think Pierce is better than Bird.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You act like Parish and McHale played against scrub Big Men during the 80's. Parish went up against M. Malone, Kareem, & young Hakeem during the 80's and McHale went up against a young Barkley and a young K. Malone. I believe it was Charles Barkley who said McHale was the most difficult player he ever had to defend.
    be honest 87. parrish played against very green olajuwan and ewing and late 30s and early 40s kareem. and about 4 years with a prime malone. same with mchale against barkley and malone. but tell me. if they were to play in the 90s where does parrish and mchale rank with the glutony of great centers and pfs in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by KB42PAH
    PG: DJ>Rondo
    SG: Allen>Ainge
    SF: Pierce>Bird
    PF: KG>Mchale
    C: Parish>Perkins

Even if you think Bird>Pierce, collectively KG+Pierce+Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mchale+bird+ain ge. And it's not even close - im being dead serious.

KG's impact is huge in a game, he commands a double team and is simply unstoppable 1 on 1. Mchale is laughable compared to KG, I cannot belive anyone would think they are a hair of difference, that is just pathetic.

Of course european players are white, but I am saying why don't you ask yourself why there arent' that many succesfful american collegiate players in the NBA or american white playersin general? the level of athelticism is just too high that is why.

2008 Celtics would sweep 80's Celtics no contest. I am being dead serious. At worse it would be 4-1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I don't know what your complaining about..

Lebron>Bird too.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    be honest 87. parrish played against very green olajuwan and ewing and late 30s and early 40s kareem. and about 4 years with a prime malone. same with mchale against barkley and malone. but tell me. if they were to play in the 90s where does parrish and mchale rank with the glutony of great centers and pfs in the 90s?
    McHale would have been an elite PF right along with Barkley and Malone. And I am very certain Parish would have been just fine. Parish is a guy who averaged 15 PPG and 10.5 RPG during the '91 season when he was 37 years old and he nearly averaged a double-double two years later in '93 when he was 39 years old.

Don't forget Parish was the guy who completely out played Moses Malone during the '85 playoffs when Moses was still elite. Parish could play with the best of them.

Learning to shoot layups smalls123's Avatar

It's OK. He doesn't know any better.

I don't know what your complaining about..

Lebron>Bird too.

Bird is still better than LeBron. After LeBron win his first NBA Championship, that's the only time we can compare him to the GOAT SF.

Bird > LeBron and Kobe.

Very good NBA starter

Are you unedcuated?

KG>>anyone from 80's celtics.
    KG = 6''11 SF, most versatile player in NBA history, top 5 midrange shooter in NBA history, can play every position.
    KG easily>Bird
    KG>>>>Mchale

Pierce>Ainge
    Allen>Ainge

Posey, Brown , House, Cassell

This thread is just stupid.

2008 Celtics have legit basketball palyers

Mchale = David lee/Madsen
    Bird = Kieth van horn +passing+rebounding

3 white starters? Is this some kind of joke? Why do you think there are no successful american white players in the NBA (non-euros)? Mike Miller is the best white player in the NBA right now, and maybe David lee.
    You do relize that KG move set is basically Mchale move set right?Yea mchale would be david lee if Lee had Post moves.

Banned

Bird is still better than LeBron. After LeBron win his first NBA Championship, that's the only time we can compare him to the GOAT SF.

Bird > LeBron and Kobe.

Bird could have 8 rings, Lebron 0.

Lebron is still better than Bird.

Being better has nothing to do with rings. Nothing.

Is horry>Jordan, is russell>Shaq? This is just foolishness.

Lebron = GOAT SF (coming from someone that hates lebron). So preach it

Banned

Bird > LeBron and Kobe.

Kobe would chew bird up and spit him out like he was a high school player.

Kobe would chew bird up and spit him out like he was a high school player.
    If I ever saw you, I'd knock the **** outta ur dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
    It should when it has Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman to compensate for Luc Longley being there.. MVP, DPOY (well, not technically since he was robbed), league leader in ppg, league leader in rpg, 2 all-NBA 1st teamers and 3 all-defense 1st teamers in the same starting lineup is phenomenal.
    Parish > Longley
    McHale > Rodman
    Bird > Pippen
    Ainge < MJ
    DJ > Harper

the C's have the advantage in 4 of the 5 positions. And I think some of you are really doubting the great chemistry between the Celtics starters. The Chemistry was amazing, every player knew each other extremely well, great inside scoring, outside scoring, defense, rebounding, & the thing that amazed me the most was their passing.

Banned

Parish > Longley
    McHale > Rodman
    Bird > Pippen
    Ainge < MJ
    DJ > Harper

the C's have the advantage in 4 of the 5 positions. And I think some of you are really doubting the great chemistry between the Celtics starters. The Chemistry was amazing, every player knew each other extremely well, great inside scoring, outside scoring, defense, rebounding, & the thing that amazed me the most was their passing.

Again showing your stupidity.

Harper= DJ
    Jordan>Ainge
    Pippen>Bird
    Rodman>Mchale
    Parish>longely

Bulls have advantage in 4 out of 5 positions

Bird = Defensive liablity, pippen = best deefender in NBA at the time
    Rodman = 19 rpg in modern era woudl tear mchale apart.
    Jordan = nothing needs to be said.

at ignorance.

But to the point of the thread, I think '87 Lakers had the best starting five.