Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Let's act like Bynum didn't beast on Al Jeff

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Let's act like Bynum didn't beast on Al Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    All I saw last night was GaSOFT getting destroyed by Al Jeff while Bynum toyed with him on both sides. Just saying....
    I don't know what your deal is. Gasol is an extremely efficient scorer, a solid rebounder, and gives the Lakers' front court some extra size. If you Lakers don't want him, there are 29 other teams that would love to take him off your hands.

Props to Bynum last night...

But really all the Gasol bashing on this thread is making me sick to my stomach.

ok... lets have some fun.

Gasol bashers...

pau gasol has had the *highest* +/- for the lakers the past two games. last night vs Minnesota, his +/- was actually +20, which is 7 higher than the 2nd highest person on the team.

i know, a lot of you are going to go "haha +/- is stupid!", and in a lot of situations, it IS easily skewed. lets consider some of the ways it could be skewed, shall we?

1. a player is playing limited minutes
    2. a player is playing most of his minutes against the other team's worst players.
    3. a player's +/- is being pulled up by playing with a guy whose +/- is higher.
    4. a player's +/- is being pulled *down* by playing with guys whose +/- are lower.

only ONE of those is true of pau last night.

pau played 39 minutes, guarded the other team's best player most of the game (btw, al jeff had an almost game low -15...), played against the other team's best lineups, got most of his rest against their second unit players, etc.

so aside from the obvious numbers (21 points on 11 shots, 3 assists, 9 rebounds), there are other things to consider that he brought to the table. 0 turnovers while playing the high post in the triangle. guarding al jefferson, who MISSED 14 out of 27 shots against him. for al jefferson, that's nuts. pau also *drew* a ton of fouls... he took MORE free throws than Al Jefferson did, despite spending so much less time looking to score. T-Wolves bigs... Jeff 4 fouls, Smith 4 fouls, Love 6 fouls, Cardinal 2 fouls... some of those were on other guys, of course. but... 12 free throws for Pau makes it pretty obvious that he definitely helped cause that foul trouble.

pau's impact *every game* goes way beyond the numbers. that's scary. dude's numbers are damn good numbers!

I usually hit open layups -Lincolnite-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DC Zephyrs
    You are an idiot. Without Pau Gasol, the Lakers aren't nearly as complete a team. Andrew Bynum is NOT a realistic second option at this point in his career (see: the first 40 or so games of the season).
    I'm beginning to think he could be. People have to remember, Bynum came off knee surgery and it's unrealistic to expect him to be able to perform at a high level right out of the gate. He's shown he can be a respectable player and I look forward to seeing him continue to grow.

BTW, last season he was our number two guy before he went down with an injury.

Serious playground baller exaqtion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NY Comeback
    Ugh, this thread is the reason why people hate Laker Fans.
    +1

You should read what people have been saying before you post this kind of garbage. The only Laker fan who's posting garbage is Kobe24.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Al Jefferson >>> A Bynum.

Al Jefferson is the first option and therefore takes more shots than Bynum and Bynum is an more efficient scorer than Al Jefferson coz he has Kobe Bryant and Paul Gasol which draw defense away from him. Who does Al Jefferson has? Mike Miller? lol

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    Al Jefferson >>> A Bynum.

Al Jefferson is the first option and therefore takes more shots than Bynum and Bynum is an more efficient scorer than Al Jefferson coz he has Kobe Bryant and Paul Gasol which draw defense away from him. Who does Al Jefferson has? Mike Miller? lol
    i agree with al>bynum, actually i havent watched a t-wolves game since kg left....but bynum and gasol are rarely on the court at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lincolnite-
    lol you didn't watch the game...
    Yes, I did.

One person has said Bynum is a better player.

BTW

Getting the majority of your points on Kevin Love > Getting the majority of your points on Pau GaSoft
    Fair enough.

Good college starter

whatever im done, i concede, bynum > al jef shaq > al jef kevin love > al jef brian scalabrine > al jef. ive just come to realize theres no pleasing homers so please close this thread and go bust your nut

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Yes, I did.

Fair enough.

Obviously you didn't, because Bynum did not beast on Love all night. He was guarded by Al Jefferson most of the night.

Is this the same 14/8/2 Bynum were talking about? In comparison to the 22/11/1.5 Jefferson?

The homers have to be crazy. Bynum has now officially moved into... maybe top 6-7 material in Cs, but this is just getting ridiculous.

+2000

Lol at. . .

. . .anyone suggesting that Bynum is the second banana on the Lakers.

. . .anyone suggesting, that Andrew Bynum at this stage in his development as an NBA player would put up numbers equal to or better than Al's.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by -Lincolnite-
    After you prove your point Kobe stops responding to your posts.
    Exactly what happened when I caught him out big-time, earlier in the thread