Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Freaking Bryant!

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Please delete this thread before Kobe goes cold in the second half.
    61 doesn't sound so cold to me

Go Spurs Go

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe Bryant scores 61 points against Knicks in Madison Square Garden

Quote Originally Posted by 243354
    kobe-5 60+ games in 4 1/2 seasons as the no.1
    mj-5 in his whole career.
    thats pretty stupid considering kobe has been taking more shots then shaq since 2001.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant scores 61 points against Knicks in Madison Square Garden

i hope you realize--i know you don't, you a blind homer, but i can only dream--that 61 vs D'Antoni's Knicks is not better than 50+ vs Riley's Knicks.

High School Starter

lmao @ all the haters.

Integrity of the game? HAHA, get the eff outta here.

Fact: Kobe Bryant holds the record for the most points scored in the Garden.

Deal with it. No one is saying he's this or that, just that he had a great game.

3-time NBA All-Star

Man, I can't imagine the type of crazy statlines Lebron, Kobe, or Wade would be putting up if they decide to sign with the Knicks. I don't think +60 to +80 point games 4 or 5 times a year would really be far-fetched.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by dajadeed
    lmao @ all the haters.

Integrity of the game? HAHA, get the eff outta here.

Fact: Kobe Bryant holds the record for the most points scored in the Garden.

Deal with it. No one is saying he's this or that, just that he had a great game.
    yep, it's Kobe haters/Jordan fans that brought the whole MJ vs Kobe into the discussion

High School Starter

BTW, for all the numbnut retards here bashing Kobe, there was a game on ESPN Classic a while back, Larry Legend in the 80s going against some team. Less than a minute left, Celtics up big, and the Celtics WERE FOULING the other team so Larry could hit the 60 point mark.

Some of you guys need to take your medication and realize that this is only a game. If Kobe is good enough to score at will against a team, then he better do that ****. If he's shooting 50% or better, KEEP SHOOTING THE DAMN BALL.

Appreciate this. Other players can do great things, no need to **** on a Kobe thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Tale of the tape.

Michael Jordan

April 20, 1986
    63 vs Boston
    Also had 5 rebs and 6 asts
    Boston won 67 games in 86
    Went on to become NBA Champions
    ** Happened in the playoffs

March 4, 1987
    61 vs Detroit
    He also had 7 rebs, 3 asts, 3 stls and 3 blks
    Detroit won 52 games in 87
    Playoff team

April 16, 1987
    61 vs Atlanta
    Also had 10 rebs, 1 ast, 4 stls and 1 blk
    Atlanta won 57 games in 87
    Playoff team

March 28, 1990
    69 vs Cleveland
    Also had 18 rebs, 6 asts, 4 stls and 1 blk
    Cleveland won 42 games in 90
    Playoff team

January 16, 1993
    64 vs Orlando
    Also had 6 rebs, 1 ast and 5 stls
    Orlando won 41 games in 1993
    I think both of these factions are playing a meaningless game of back and forth... Both of these players have put forward a number of great efforts. Instead of comparing their games and downplaying the accomplishments of one player or another, we should simply marvel at what they have been able to accomplish and leave it at that.

Da_Realist, those were some excellent games on Jordan's part, and you made a good point concerning the level of competition Jordan was facing when he played those games, but if we're going to downplay accomplishments, one could easily point out that Jordan lost 3 of those 5 games in which he scored 60+ and that he was less efficient in those 5 60+ point games than Bryant has been in his 5 60+ point games, while averaging fewer points...

Understand that there is always a response... always a come back. This foolishness needs to stop. There are a few Bryant groupies here who have knowingly made provocative statements looking to bait other posters. Those posters should be ignored. After awhile, don't you guys get tired of the same arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    yep, it's Kobe haters/Jordan fans that brought the whole MJ vs Kobe into the discussion
    There have been Bryant groupies in here looking to provoke others though. Let's not overlook that as well.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I think both of these factions are playing a meaningless game of back and forth... Both of these players have put forward a number of great efforts. Instead of comparing their games and downplaying the accomplishments of one player or another, we should simply marvel at what they have been able to accomplish and leave it at that.

Understand that there is always a response... always a come back. This foolishness needs to stop. There are a few Bryant groupies here who have knowingly made provocative statements looking to bait other posters. Those posters should be ignored. After awhile, don't you guys get tired of the same arguments?
    this is why Max is on top of the food chain.. nice post

one could easily point out that Jordan lost 3 of those 5 games in which he scored 60+ and that he was less efficient in those 5 60+ point games than Bryant has been in his 5 60+ point games, while averaging fewer points...
    Wait a second. Are you trying to tell me that MJ lost games? And he didn't hit 100% of his shots? That goes against everything I've heard on here.

I'm sorry, I'll stop.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Da_Realist, those were some excellent games on Jordan's part, and you made a good point concerning the level of competition Jordan was facing when he played those games, but if we're going to downplay accomplishments, one could easily point out that Jordan lost 3 of those 5 games in which he scored 60+ and that he was less efficient in those 5 60+ point games than Bryant has been in his 5 60+ point games, while averaging fewer points...
    Sure. That happens when you play opponents that are capable of beating you... i.e. quality opponents.

He played his best against tougher teams when it mattered the most. I don't think that downgrades his performances.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 02-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

The obvious response is:
    Jordan - 6 Rings at the no. 1 option
    Kobe - 0 Rings at the no. 1 option

But I don't really like to get in these things. I actually really like Kobe and hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    Wait a second. Are you trying to tell me that MJ lost games? And he didn't hit 100% of his shots? That goes against everything I've heard on here.

I'm sorry, I'll stop.
    Lol, I don't want people to focus on that aspect of my post. My goal was to point out that if people want to nitpick, they will nitpick, regardless of how trivial, regardless of how inconsequential the issue they've chosen to focus on. We create never ending arguments that really aren't all that important and only serve to distract from some of the great basketball we have been privileged to see.