Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Default Re: No triple-double for LeBron in NY: NBA rescinds that 10th rebound

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LeBron's still paying for criticizing the league's employees on getting his 'crab dribble' wrong. That's the only way to explain this move by the league; because the NBA credits the wrong players for steals/rebounds/assists/turnovers all the time. You never see them correcting it the next day. But they take away the triple double-making rebound from the face of the league? Weird.
    I think it has more to do with the fact that it was front page news at yahoo for a while with a video showing Wallace getting the rebound. The NBA got called out on it .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    God, BruinLove... Could you be any dumber?
    can you be less of a blind homer? If I knew how to make youtube videos I'd do them of Lebron games showing all of his reboundsso everyone can see how weal they are and how little he hits the boards. Also I'm not bruinlove. I haven't been called that name since I got banned for predicting Lakers would be #1 seed in the west in the beginning of the 07-08 season and everyone called me a blind idiot. Nope, I'm lilmarcgasol

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    precisely my point, you'll see Varejo or Ben Wallace tap the rebound to lebron and he's credited. (but when lebron taps it, he gets it too). seriously, sit down with a pad and pen and watch a game top to bottom, don't be overly nit-picky, give him the close calls, i bet you end up with less than the AP. I love the guy, but we're being force fed by the "what to think" networks who are making the news.
    I've done statistics for basketball many, many times. It is a difficult task and, sometimes, there are rebounds, assists, or steals that could go to several players... it is completely arbitrary and subjective.

It happens all the time in the league and I'm wondering why this one play (that I can remember) warrants being changed. Even the call that they overruled was an arbitrary call. Wallace was sort of juggling the ball and LeBron gained control.

Did this warrant a league review and overturn?

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    can you be less of a blind homer? If I knew how to make youtube videos I'd do them of Lebron games showing all of his reboundsso everyone can see how weal they are and how little he hits the boards. Also I'm not bruinlove. I haven't been called that name since I got banned for predicting Lakers would be #1 seed in the west in the beginning of the 07-08 season and everyone called me a blind idiot. Nope, I'm lilmarcgasol
    Saying that other Cavalier players PURPOSELY do not secure rebounds so that LeBron can stack up statistics makes you dumb. I'm sorry, but that is just the cold hard fact.

You realize that a lot of these guys have hefty incentives written into the contracts based on their numbers, right? It is just such a dumb premise, I don't see the point in discussing it further.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Saying that other Cavalier players PURPOSELY do not secure rebounds so that LeBron can stack up statistics makes you dumb. I'm sorry, but that is just the cold hard fact.

You realize that a lot of these guys have hefty incentives written into the contracts based on their numbers, right? It is just such a dumb premise, I don't see the point in discussing it further.
    Lebron told his teammates to leave freethrow rebounds for him. Do you really watch those Cavs games and not think that his teammates let him get rebounds? Seriously?

Not airballing my layups anymore leijamoosa's Avatar

Seems fishy. I actually believe it was on purpose called on LeBron insted of Ben Wallace so people would think he had a triple-double... You know nobody reads the corrections and I'm sure people will think it was a triple-double for a long time in discussions/arguments.
    I admit it, I don't like LeBron but mainly because of the media making him to be more than he is. Always overrating him in any listings and such.

Lebron told his teammates to leave freethrow rebounds for him.
    What is your source for this claim?

It doesn't matter though LeBron is still averaging 28.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, and 7.0 apg.

And I think he's going to score more than 40 plus points againts the Los Angeles Lakers this coming Sunday.

Don't expect your star player to attempt more than 10 Free Throws at the Quicken Loans Arena.

NBA Finals

it waz still a great performance though

owwwww

I don't know why rebounding is used when people are comparing the two nights. Those 9 rebounds could really have been collected by any of Lebron's teammates. Kobe not getting boards (while Odom and Gasol were) had NO effect on the outcome of the game. In fact Kobe was leaking out for fast break opportunities which ended up extending the lead in some cases. So people here are complaining that because he had 0 rebounds Kobe should have hung around the basket, missed fast break opportunities, and competed for boards with his teammates.

FYI Lebron got 0 offensive boards (Kobe actually gets offensive boards as a greater percentage of his rebounds than Lebron...which is fishy).

In terms of assists, some one please review both games and compare the amount of touches Kobe and Lebron get in their offensive sets (and how long each touch is). If a player is going to control the ball, he's going to get more assists. Laker offense went through a stretch where Kobe was running most of the plays last month and he ended up averaging 10+ assists during all of those. In the playoffs for the first three rounds when Lakers went more and more to Kobe, he averaged 6.5 assists. More touches = more assists...it's simple. Lebron is not a better playmaker than Kobe imo, especially when he doesn't have lights out shooters.

Lebron's game looks better if you didn't watch the game and checked the box scores. I watched both games and am relatively unbiased (though I do enjoy watching Kobe more) and Lebron's impact on the game was not even close to Kobe's. Kobe killed every chance of a Knicks run and his performance was the main reason the Knicks never cut into a double digit lead by the Lakers from the first half onwards, even though the Knicks put up almost 120 points. There is a reason Kobe was like +20 and Lebron was I think +5.

Not only was it offensively more dominant, it was more entertaining, less forced and from a basketball standpoint more pleasing to watch. Plus lets not forget Kobe scored almost 10 more points while using up less possessions than Lebron (assists not included).

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    I watched both games and am relatively unbiased

Very good NBA starter

Kobe:
    31 shots 20 ft attempts 3 assists 2 turnovers = 46 possesions resulting in 67 points (2 pts per assist)

67/46 = 1.46 pts per possesion

+/- +19

Bron:
    33 shots 19 ft attemps 11 assists 3 turnovers = 56 possesions resulting in 74 points (2 points per assist)

74/56 = 1.34 pts per possesion

+/- +7

Overal Kobe had the more efficient and effective night. What about the rebounds? Yes Lebron pulled down those 10 boards boards but take a closer look and you will see that they were out rebounded by NY meaning he as a forward HAD to get as many as possible. The Lakers on the other hand outrebounded NY by a wide margin and the forwards were gobbling up nearly as many as Cle had as a team. With Pau and Lamar getting 14 apiece there wasn't much for Kobe to grab. It was a strange night for him not to grab any but with LA getting 52 total and a +10 margin, he didn't have to at all.

Another thing I noticed is that LA had 25 assists total to 20 for the Cavs which tells me that despite all the assists he got, he was somewhat stagnating the offense and dominating the ball. Kobe on the other hand was getting his points in the flow of the offense, off ball movement and getting to his spots. I think that showed in the +/- and the closeness of the game.

Both were rediculously amazing performances, but I beg to differ with Spike Lee. Kobe had the better game, individually and team wise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It doesn't matter though LeBron is still averaging 28.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, and 7.0 apg.

And I think he's going to score more than 40 plus points againts the Los Angeles Lakers this coming Sunday.

Don't expect your star player to attempt more than 10 Free Throws at the Quicken Loans Arena.
    I think barring the refs trying to win the game for him, Lebron will get shut down by Kobe just like he was at staples and Cavs will go down at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    . I am relatively unbiased
    Yeah, totally unbiased. You just said LeBron getting 9 boards was not a good thing cos he didn't leak out for transition buckets. Really ?

I think barring the refs trying to win the game for him, Lebron will get shut down by Kobe just like he was at staples and Cavs will go down at home.

That's why LeBron is leading their head to head matchup, 6-4. The referees were biased last month, and this time the Cavaliers are going to destroy the Lakers at Home.