Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter Buffalobraves's Avatar

Default Re: what does the chandler trade make the thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    He's in OKC for his defense and rebounding. He'll leave the scoring to Durant, Green and Westbrook.
    What he said. He is a much better defender then Wilcox and the offense is just a bonus. He will fit well into the Thunder's style of play because it is a similar gun and run team like the Hornets were.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SLY
    They will be just as bad

CP3 made Chandler the player he is or should i say was
    How can you say that? What did CP3 give to Tyson? He got him 12 points a game. Did Chris Paul give him rebounds/blocks? No, and that's all Tyson is known for besides being atheletic.

I can still see him averaging 10 rebounds/1-2 blocks in OKC, and something like 4 points lol.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Overreacting much? What did Tyson Chandler do this season? Feel free to brainstorm and come up with something. Yanno kinda what people used to do in high school, college when writing papers. In short bullshyt me. The value of Tyson in N.O is far overrated after this trade has gone down. Tyson will miss Chris Paul more than the Hornets will miss Tyson. I gurantee it.

Yes if we are into college basketball. They should be ranked #1. If we're talkin professional basketball? Then I'm going to ask you to piss in this cup. Random drug test my friend. Who is going to feed Tyson the ball on the Thunder? Thunder looks no different than teams who stock young talent and have some fans thinking only to have reality bite them in the ass. When the Thunder establish an identity. When they add established, proven players (be it starters and/or role players) mixing youth with vets then they would look great. For now? Enjoy them in the lottery for a few seasons until they do what I listed. Then they may get lucky and speed up the process. But I'm not taking that bet to Vegas.

i dunno maybe some guy named kevin durant?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Hornets lose some defense and rebounding. Hornets get a bit worse I think. Thunder get a nice center, that can trigger fast breaks with his blocking, which they seem to be good at.

Local High School Star

thunder are getting better and better throughout the season. great trade for them

the move probably makes them a tiny bit better. they werent gonna be contenders before Chandler's contract is up in 3 years anyway, so why not make a move to make yourself a tiny bit better just for the fans' sake, rather than stay the same. Guess it cant hurt, right?

Typical George Shin. It was only a matter of time before he started destroying the team.

Banned

Thunder are going to sneak up on everyone. They'll be good much sooner than people think. They already are good, just not smart like veterans when the game gets tight, but they are getting there. They already have a very competitive roster now, adding 5 first round picks in 2 years is just icing.

OKC has the best home crowd in the league. They deserve a good team through the thin they've cheered this team through this season

Da Mavs

Great trade for OKC.

Imagine this:

Westbrook
    Green
    Durant
    Blake Griffin
    Chandler

Chandler is overrated, always has been and always will be. He has never really progressed as a basketball player. He got a lot of rebounds on a team that lacks size and got most of his points off CP lobs. He is a product of Chris Paul.

Wilcox & J.Smith are no worse then Chandler, IMO.

College star

The Hornets may not make the playoffs without Chandler. Phoenix is bound to improve, and NO wasn't better than the rest anyways. Bad trade IMO if they don't make the playoffs.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

It's funny cause if you made Nenad and Tyson one player, it'd be a really ****ing good player. Otherwise it's two average bigmen on one team.

Magic Johnson

The Thunder are quietly becoming one of the better up and coming teams in the league. Props to Presti.

Anyone else interested to hear what CP3 has to say about the trade? I'm betting he's pissed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    Chandler is overrated, always has been and always will be. He has never really progressed as a basketball player. He got a lot of rebounds on a team that lacks size and got most of his points off CP lobs. He is a product of Chris Paul.

Wilcox & J.Smith are no worse then Chandler, IMO.
    I see it as reversed. Joe Smith sucked with the Thunder, and Wilcox had his moments but never was consistent enough. They don't need Chandler to score much since they already have scorers, they just need him to be aggressive and get the defensive boards and some offensive ones with hustle and make shots harder for the other team. Thats all i really expect from him personally.

I think he was a great pickup for them since they didn't need a scoring big man, more than someone who plays big with hustle and heart.

Good college starter

First glance it looks dumb but Chandler has been scrubby this season. Obviously it's mainly money-driven, but it is not so terrible basketball-wise for the Hornets either. He's so scared of fouling he doesn't challenge guards anymore. I am not going to bash this trade until I see how Wilcox does with Paul. Until that week Paul was out and the Hornets were getting walked on defensively, Chandler's on/off defense was actually negative. I remember a couple years ago when people thought Wilcox was breaking out, everyone considered Wilcox better than Chandler.
    Last edited by yobore; 02-17-2009 at 06:15 PM.