Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Ask me about a supplement- Sports Nutrition, libido, anything,I'll give you the goods

Forgive me if this has been asked before. Is creatine worth taking if you're serious about building mass. I take the usual supplements and have definition, but I'm lanky. Should I wait longer with the basic supplements I take now or is it fine to take creatine as well?

I've been working out for about 6 months, but have been taking it quite seriously for about a month and a half.

Default Re: Ask me about a supplement- Sports Nutrition, libido, anything,I'll give you the goods

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I used to be a GNC employee back in 2000. I know enough about supplements to make educated choices, but alot of the stuff out is hit and miss....as I've come to find out over the past few years. So now I have a question for you...since you are in the biz now...... I want a good, natural test booster. I don't want pro-hormones. I just want something that will give me the strength edge during workouts to get an extra 1-3 reps in all my moves. What works? I've tried Trib and other assorted products of a similar nature...minimal results.

I started in 2002 so were not that far off, although the industry has evolved more in the last 5 years than the previous 15 years combined.

When taking any test boosters I usually determine age first. Pre 28 doens't really do anything since test is at it's peak. A test booster only enhances speed/efficiency of production, not amount. I'd say you'd get more results in strength with a good preworkout.
    Second, a good test boost first ingredient should be tibulus. But even moreso look for the standardized amount of protodyacin. Protodyacin is the active compound that stimulates test production. A 40% standardize is top notch. Products like ISA test, Axis labs are standardized to 40%. Most are 20% or less.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What can you tell me about Adralin?

Banned

Default Re: Ask me about a supplement- Sports Nutrition, libido, anything,I'll give you the g

Whats the closest thing i can take to steroids that i can easily buy(from GNC lets say) with the least side effects? and what are they?

Do weight loss supplements really work? And are there any that aren't bad for you?

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    Forgive me if this has been asked before. Is creatine worth taking if you're serious about building mass. I take the usual supplements and have definition, but I'm lanky. Should I wait longer with the basic supplements I take now or is it fine to take creatine as well?

I've been working out for about 6 months, but have been taking it quite seriously for about a month and a half.

Always stick to the basics with nutrition. My analogy I always use when people ask about supplements in that if your body is a house, supplements are the tools. Makes the job faster but you can't build a house without bricks (protein, vitamins).

That being said creatine is converted into ATP by your body. This is a specific fuel your body burns for short bursts of energy. EI- Weightlifting, anarobic and plyometric training. The more ATP your body peaks, the better recovery, the more strength. The more you lift the farther your muscles stretch out. Then faster you repair the better the gains. Creatine also volumizes muscle by retaining it within the muscle fibres. Keep in mind this is only esthetic and not real muscle. But it is benefial for performance benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    What can you tell me about Adralin?
    Mood enhancer, energy enhancer, and increases cognitive effect.

This product works on three different levels. Increases seratonin, a hormone responsible for mood balance. It blocks the effect of tryptophan, a nutural sedative found in most amino acid complex with tyrosine, and increases energy with the stimulants. Plus Tyrosine also helps cognitive functions. Better mental clarity and focus.

I'd recommend this over it:

Happy Pills

More nutrients, less stimulants.

Default Re: Ask me about a supplement- Sports Nutrition, libido, anything,I'll give you the g

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Whats the closest thing i can take to steroids that i can easily buy(from GNC lets say) with the least side effects? and what are they?

Do weight loss supplements really work? And are there any that aren't bad for you?
    Sift through the post with test boosters in this thread. Also made reference about weight loss products. And yes all weight loss supplements work, it's all based on expectations.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'd say you'd get more results in strength with a good preworkout.
    Don't most pre-workouts have ingredients like guarana that give you the jitters. That type of stuff keeps me up at night even when I take it as early as noon.

hey hateraid, what brand of protein and creatine do you recommend? i am currently switching back and forth between optimum whey/muscle milk and Xpand/v12

Not airballing my layups anymore

thoughts on NOXplode?

NBA Superstar

For someone who has never taken either, should I invest in a pre-workout or creatine first? I just take your regular protein powder right now.

Local High School Star

What vitamins and minerals are most important to a powerlifter? Also, are there specific supplements you would recommend for powerlifting? Originally I was into gaining size, but all I care about is relative strength these days. Thanks in advance bro.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    For someone who has never taken either, should I invest in a pre-workout or creatine first? I just take your regular protein powder right now.
    Im a basketball player so when I lift I only take ON Whey Protein and a multivitamin after wards. During the offseason however, I was taking creatine as well. It all really depends on your goal however. During the offseason I was trying to put on size and muscle so I was taking Universal Nutrition Intra-Aid as my preworkout supplement and then ON Whey, creatine, and a multivitamin post workout. Im sure hateraid can give you more info depending on what your goal is.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Don't most pre-workouts have ingredients like guarana that give you the jitters. That type of stuff keeps me up at night even when I take it as early as noon.
    They use caffine anhydrous.
    If you don't like that there's this product by MRI called 24/7. The main product in there in called Eliane which is a highly responsive form of sugar. This creates an insulin like environment for all other nutrients to absorsb. There's some creatine in there for muscle energy, BCAA's for muscle recovery and fat use for fuel, and beta-alanine. A substance that causes unused muscle to work in conjuction with the muscle system working. It does have a stimulant in tyrosine but not the kind that affects the central nervous system and wont keep you up with the jitters.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Hateraid, whens the best time to take your multivitamin? Some other lifters have told me with your biggest meal which should be breakfast, some say the meal before you lift, and others say with your shake post workout.