Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Good for both teams

One more thing: I hope that Salmons continues to play as he does and eventually moves either Gordon or Deng to the Bench. My only objection is to Kings fans who feel that Salmons is worlds better then Noc, he's not. Both players are underrated, Noc is more underrated IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    One more thing: I hope that Salmons continues to play as he does and eventually moves either Gordon or Deng to the Bench. My only objection is to Kings fans who feel that Salmons is worlds better then Noc, he's not. Both players are underrated, Noc is more underrated IMHO.
    Worlds better? Who said worlds better? He's just better, period. When starting, he can be a 20/5/5 level player (last season) and put up nearly that with 18/4/4 this year along with around 50% FG shooting and 40% from 3. That's far better production than Noc, and John is a proven defender who has even limited Kobe. Is he a star? Certainly not, but considering his superior play on both ends of the court and lower salary, it's understandable why many feel switching those two players was a loss for Sacramento.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Worlds better? Who said worlds better? He's just better, period. When starting, he can be a 20/5/5 level player (last season) and put up nearly that with 18/4/4 this year along with around 50% FG shooting and 40% from 3. That's far better production than Noc, and John is a proven defender who has even limited Kobe. Is he a star? Certainly not, but considering his superior play on both ends of the court and lower salary, it's understandable why many feel switching those two players was a loss for Sacramento.
    As a starter Nocioni averaged (for his carreer), 13.9/6.1/1.5 while taking 11.2 shots per game, and averaging 29:30 mpg. Those are very solid carreer numbers.

Salmons for his carreer as a starter averaged 14.0/4.2/3.6 while taking 11.3 shots per game, and averaging 34:42 mpg.

Overall Salmons took .1 more shots per game and averaged .1 more points per game (making Noc carreer wise a more effecient scorer). Noc also scored more points per minute. Noc is clearly the better scorer and rebounder, and Salmons is obviously the better passer.

This year Salmons is averaging carreer bests, and has started all 53 games, he is averaging 18.3/4.2/3.7 while taking 14.0 shots and playing 37:23 seconds per game.

Noc at his best (as a starter) averaged 16.9/6.4/1.1 while taking 12.7 shots and playing 29:23 seconds per game.

You can give Salmons the edge because he has better carreer assist numbers and right now he is playing better then Noc. Or you can give Noc the edge because historically he did it on better teams, and for a longer period of time. Saying one guy is clearly better is ridiculous.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...&type=Fielding

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
    As a starter Nocioni averaged (for his carreer), 13.9/6.1/1.5 while taking 11.2 shots per game, and averaging 29:30 mpg. Those are very solid carreer numbers.

Salmons for his carreer as a starter averaged 14.0/4.2/3.6 while taking 11.3 shots per game, and averaging 34:42 mpg.

Overall Salmons took .1 more shots per game and averaged .1 more points per game (making Noc carreer wise a more effecient scorer). Noc also scored more points per minute. Noc is clearly the better scorer and rebounder, and Salmons is obviously the better passer.

This year Salmons is averaging carreer bests, and has started all 53 games, he is averaging 18.3/4.2/3.7 while taking 14.0 shots and playing 37:23 seconds per game.

Noc at his best (as a starter) averaged 16.9/6.4/1.1 while taking 12.7 shots and playing 29:23 seconds per game.

You can give Salmons the edge because he has better carreer assist numbers and right now he is playing better then Noc. Or you can give Noc the edge because historically he did it on better teams, and for a longer period of time. Saying one guy is clearly better is ridiculous.

How is saying John is better being ridiculous? You said it yourself: right now at this very moment in their careers, John is playing better. Not only is he, at this point in his career, producing more than Noc offensively, he's better defensively as well, something you never addressed (probably because it's not all stats). You can keep bringing up career numbers all you want, but right now, both players are similar in age, and John is playing better at BOTH ends of the court. He is the better player.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Default Re: Aldridge: Bulls to land Salmons, Miller for Nocioni, Gooden

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough
    Dude has potential.

Hopefully he reaches it one day.
    Dude has less potential than Swift,Tim Thomas, and DMiles. If he was gonna be something we would have seen it by now.

A player, especially a non-center, needs at least 2 of these 3 things to succeed in the NBA besides athletic ability. Motivation, shooting and court IQ. So it looks like all signs point to dissapointment for Ty.

brad miller will not provide the inside scoring or boards that they need// not sure why bulls traded away the guy with most heart on the team nocioni

Quote Originally Posted by smush=mvp!
    brad miller will not provide the inside scoring or boards that they need// not sure why bulls traded away the guy with most heart on the team nocioni
    Even if he doesn't, having Brad Miller on the team is a hell of a lot better then having Noah or Gray who don't provide all that much offensively.

Default Re: Bulls get B.Miller J.Salmons. Kings get A.Nocioni, D.Gooden, M.Ruffin, C.Simmons

Salmons Is WAY better then hes givin credit for... he was the deal maker... Bulls Are probably gonna move deng or one of there little guys they use as a 2guard in the off season.. salmons can fill both those rolls... chicago made out on this deal...Kings are throwing darts at a board... hoping something hits bullseye... For the first time I have no clue what there trying to do as a team.. Second worse trade i have seen them make... First of course the Webber deal.

Miller is averaging 12.4 points and eight rebounds in the 14 games of his second Bulls stint. Many of his contributions — setting proper angles on screens, tipping balls for extra possessions — don't appear in box scores.

"I'm not playing as many minutes, so it's like just fight like the younger days when I didn't have to worry about playing 40 minutes," Miller said. "I don't have to conserve as much energy. So it makes it easier."

Miller is averaging 27.5 minutes with the Bulls, but it's telling that he typically is playing in the fourth quarter.

The Bulls are 7-7 since Miller and Salmons started playing. With a three-game win streak and the playoffs in sight.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6587248.story

Default Re: Bulls get B.Miller J.Salmons. Kings get A.Nocioni, D.Gooden, M.Ruffin, C.Simmons

Conserve energy? Are u kidding me... thats the excuse... Dude... I dont know about anyone else but that drives me up the wall... Would anyone else want 27 good hard working min or 40 halfa$$ min? Thats right... Any couch is gonna get you rest if your bustin your butt... Sad excuse miller. .. Everyone Knows he can play... He just didnt bring intensity every night... that comment proves it.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Kaboom!

Bulls don't improve at all.

What position does Luol Deng play?PF?
    haha, it's so funny reading this now.

How come this thread is still stickied? lol...