Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
  1. #31
    Where Eagles Dare El Kabong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,441

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Peak Stats

    21 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 0.9 bpg
    I don't think he'd ever average anything close to that on a decent to good team. At least in the PPG department.

  2. #32
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11,934

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    You're probably looking at a smaller but better version of Brad Miller.

  3. #33
    Missing Since 2009 kwajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    On the water
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    I can see Kevin Love as being Antonio Davis 2.0. A bit undersized vertically, but a good workhorse player, a solid scorer (maybe 16 ppg in his prime), and a great rebounder in the 10-12 rpg range.

  4. #34
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,725

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    I always thought that...but the last few games I've seen him I've wondered if he has grown. Bosh is pushing a barefoot 6'11+ and he doesn't seem to have much height on Dwight this year, where he did early in there careers. It could just be my imagination though.
    Well, I'm friends with Jameer so those are the words out of his mouth. Turkoglu is taller than Howard.

  5. #35
    Great college starter Valliant13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,542

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Well, I'm friends with Jameer so those are the words out of his mouth. Turkoglu is taller than Howard.
    Cool. He's seems bigger when he's destroying my team in the Playoffs :)

  6. #36
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,390

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    I know he's a pudgeball and always has been from what I can tell, but I'd like to see him shed 20lbs or so and see if it improves his quickness and stamina.

  7. #37
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,377

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    very high basketball iq. i think you can put him on any team, and he'd make that team better. he's also a lot more athletic than he looks.

  8. #38
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    277

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    he's an unbelievably good rebounder for his size. he has a TRB% (total-rebound percentage) of 21.6%, which is just higher than marcus camby, and just lower than dwight howard, two guys MUCH bigger than he. he's responsible for 4 of minnisota's 18 wins, which is about 22%, second most on the team. he has a very diverse skill set; that being said he's held back by his build. He's an incredible role player. to me he seems like a bigger shane battier that shows up more on the stat sheet. I don't know how well he complements al jefferson, as they are somewhat similar, but I think he could really shine on a contender.

  9. #39
    Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Forum
    Posts
    2,065

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    you think he would ONLY average 10 rebounds a game when he gets starter minutes (~36) hes already getting like 8.8 in 24 minutes as a rookie. in fact if i remember correctly a couple days ago against the raptors the announcers said that he was one of only 5 players ever to get 20% of the total team rebounds for players under 23

    Okay, that wins the award for the most ridiculous stat of the day. Who researches this stuff?

  10. #40
    Game. Set. Match. bdreason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    25,666

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Great rebounder with a robust offensive skill set he still hasn't learned to utuilize at the NBA level.

    He's undersized, especially at the C spot, so he struggles covering skilled offensive big men. He also doesn't have the best lateral movement, so he struggles to contain quick SF's and PF's.


    We definatley haven't seen the best of Kevin Love yet. his defense can improve over time, especially if he puts in the work to become a "crafty vet", which I think he will. I'de also like to see him extend his range on the court. He has a nice stroke, and I'de like to see him extend the defense ala Mehmet Okur.

  11. #41
    Roy = my new fave.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not offended by low scores.
    Posts
    3,875

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    You're probably looking at a smaller but better version of Brad Miller.
    This is probably the closest comparison.

    A smaller Brad Miller with a lot of hustle. The guy really knows how to throw his body around to get after the boards.

  12. #42
    ...
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,736

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    Okay, that wins the award for the most ridiculous stat of the day. Who researches this stuff?
    Here. It took about a minute to look up on basketball reference. Now there are a few qualifiers here, it's Total Rebounding percentage from the 73-74 season until now because that's when offensive rebounds began to be counted (any TR% before that is slightly suspect just because the raw numbers are somewhat unknown). Also it's for players that played at least 24 minutes a game and also only of first year players (although in the end this only really knocks out Charles Oakley's rookie season).

  13. #43
    A humble prophet Dresta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Medina
    Posts
    10,152

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Great rebounder with a robust offensive skill set he still hasn't learned to utuilize at the NBA level.

    He's undersized, especially at the C spot, so he struggles covering skilled offensive big men. He also doesn't have the best lateral movement, so he struggles to contain quick SF's and PF's.


    We definatley haven't seen the best of Kevin Love yet. his defense can improve over time, especially if he puts in the work to become a "crafty vet", which I think he will. I'de also like to see him extend his range on the court. He has a nice stroke, and I'de like to see him extend the defense ala Mehmet Okur.
    Except if he did that he wouldn't get nearly so many rebounds, the reason he rebounds so well is that he parks his fat ass in the paint every time up the floor, it's a wonder how he doesn't get called for more 3 seconds.

  14. #44
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,428

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Except if he did that he wouldn't get nearly so many rebounds, the reason he rebounds so well is that he parks his fat ass in the paint every time up the floor, it's a wonder how he doesn't get called for more 3 seconds.
    wow a PF that plays in the paint kick him out of the league. that is what a PF/C is supposed to do you retard.


    had to bump this so people realize that K. love is the real vanilla bean/white chocolate

  15. #45
    A humble prophet Dresta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Medina
    Posts
    10,152

    Default Re: How good is Kevin Love ?

    Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    wow a PF that plays in the paint kick him out of the league. that is what a PF/C is supposed to do you retard.


    had to bump this so people realize that K. love is the real vanilla bean/white chocolate
    But this guy was saying that he should shoot more 3's and stretch the floor, that was my point, not that he shouldn't play in the paint dumbass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •